Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

make life skills easier to rank up

GandorEUGandorEU
Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
edited December 18, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm player that recently returned to the game and in past I never bothered with life skills but now while I'm actually ranking those skills they are slog to do at best and nightmare at worst I think this is rather discouraging and off putting for any new or returning old Mabinogi players something that this games sorely needs and so revising of life skills like weaving,handicraft tailoring,Blacksmithing etc... would be good idea ;)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    A revise on their training methods would be nice but I don't think things needs to be made easier. I'm one of the type of players who enjoyed grinding and spending hours/days to train them, which in turn gave me a sense of accomplishment and be proud of myself for sticking with the grind to complete them.

The game already has training seals, reforges, and events, such as Double Rainbow, etc. to help with making the training of life skills easier/faster.
    YangKoeteThora
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 18, 2017
    I think Blacksmithing and Tailoring could stand the overhaul at least due to the lack of manuals to rank the skills. Blacksmithing ranking requires you to hunt Siren Masks and that's just a bit ridiculous...
    YangKoete
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    What could be done is to add more variety and more usefulness to the life skills again. Like that time we got celtic weaponry and then got them in a gacha in a much better X-grade, pre-reforged version just when everyone had collected enough materials to make some of them, except this time maybe not be a greedy moneygrabber with no sense of balance and keep 'em out of gachas.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited December 19, 2017
    They just did make it easier
    lvl 200 bonus
    talent bonus
    life pot
    life event
    blue prism
    all skill pot

ap training, brionac training
    skill seals

like what else could they add. Anymore more and they'll be selling training pots for life skills in gacha
  • VallenLorenzoVallenLorenzo
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I'm sorry I know I'm a random person but I just wanted to pop in to tell my guild friend hello!! Sugar I've missed you so much!!
    Shoog
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Life skills today are much MUCH easier to train than they were years ago. There is absolutely no reason to make them easier. There are more items available to craft, materials are more common, and you get ridiculous multipliers to training between level 100-200, events, skill potions, etc.

The ONLY thing more difficult is the lack of certain patterns and manuals because there are no longer bots farming Solea/Ant Hell, and people don't run low/mid-level content as much or things like Siren Masks. There is nothing stopping YOU from running Rundal Siren for them though, like people did in the old days.

If anything, crafting is TOO EASY now. Only Hillwen and Magic Craft have any grind to them anymore, since they lack associated talents.
    Dianusia
  • ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    edited January 5, 2018
    you gotta be kidding? life skills used to be the hardcore part of mabinogi BEFORE the talents updates...
    i recently started to play in NA Mabinogi and ranked up all the life skills within a month and you seriously want them to be even more easier than they are already?
    (its literally 25x more easier to train life skills these days, seriously just leave it like this, stop making this amazing game more easy and child-alike :/ )

i see master blacksmiths all around the server now, when back then, there used to be 5-10 few known blacksmiths, now its like anyone is capable of master up every talent/skill within a year :/

Don't be a cry baby, you are just returning? try this:
    the returned title you are surely getting (+1.5x)
    lvl 200 bonus (2x)
    talent bonus (2x)
    life pot (2x)
    as 04/01/2018 try ranking up cooking life skills with the free rb (+2x.. + skills like Catering)
    all skill pot (2x)
    master plan's 2x on all skills event (2x....)

just figure out how easier is this game compared to 2007s ish mabinogi, seriously stop crying about it

sad part is, this is a clear sign of a decaying game, most game that begin to give it easy to their player base is a sign of a decaying game, and sadly there's no way back because if they made it as hard like it used to be before, most players would complain about the people who ranked up all the skills and talents the easy way as today.... i mean yeah, at this step you would only get a couple of years of gameplay before mastering up everything... so yeah, not surprised to see the game empty today *hrmp...*