Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Festia Instant Prize

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    ShouK wrote: »
    This is pretty unfair. They should increase the limit for Alexina since it is the server with the highest population..

If they did that, they'd have to raise them for all the servers though, or a lot of people would be upset. I do think the top prizes should restock at least once though for every server, before they change them to the new prizes.

I agree. I think all servers should be treated the same for events, like they've been doing. This shouldn't be an exception.

And I do agree, I think the top prizes should be re-stocked once before they change.
    badnewsbarrett
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am just stockpiling coins to binge comes 10 est. Wish me luck.
    badnewsbarrett
  • CaterexCaterex
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    Greta wrote: »
    Are the prizes 1, 2 and 3 fully taken? Because they are in Alexina server... I just drawed number 1 prize, but it instantly changed back to number 6 instead. I assumed maybe because the top prizes are already taken away.

I just checked and they aren't fully taken for either gold or coin entries (I'm on Tarlach server.) I should also say this has happened with both gold and coin entries.

This happened to me too.... Do not know why
  • xantumalxantumal
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Today I've got a chain skill exp bonus of 1.5. A new gauge appeared but I was too lazy to read, but also too fast to close it. Has it any reference to instant prize event or does it come from somewhere else? I'm quite sure I've got it while in festia
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    xantumal wrote: »
    Today I've got a chain skill exp bonus of 1.5. A new gauge appeared but I was too lazy to read, but also too fast to close it. Has it any reference to instant prize event or does it come from somewhere else? I'm quite sure I've got it while in festia

No. Most likely you leveled up to 100 while in the chain blade talent. It is not related to Festia.
  • xantumalxantumal
    Oh thanks, didn't know lv100 give that chance. True, I've reached 100 probably completing a quest.
  • Dra6o0nDra6o0n
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited December 20, 2017
    It is possible two possibilities:

1) The server 're-rolls' your outcome a second time near the end, but due to server lag, you see a delay of the 1st roll, making it not so secret.
    2) The client sided 'rolls' does not reflect the server sided RNG, as it doesn't send a signal to what you earned until much later, apparently the client's roll ends early, only to be updated by the server's roll later on then.

Possible advice for future 'gambling' mechanism is to allow players to earn points as they use the system, allowing them to get a 'alternative' reward instead of the same ones.
    The reason being is that the list of rewards for instant prize is very short, and the value of the prizes are gap at a huge difference.

If you land on the 'pon' prize, you get a single measly pon, for your 1 in 50th chance of rolling it. A single pon isn't very much useful, nor would players consider saving it up on purpose as it's main use is in homestead and cosmetics, which have even less impact on the games progression as is.
    This means the 'pon' prize is less valued than the lowest 'gift box' prize, which at least gives you potions which affects gameplay.

So either the Pon reward should be given out in 10s to 100s randomly, or swapped out for something more meaningful than 1 pon.

For example instead of Pons, you can have a chance to get dye and metal dye ampules, or even good to rare enchant scrolls (that relates to chain slash event btw).
    badnewsbarrettXiokun
  • ZethinZethin
    This exact same thing has been happening to me, and last night it happened twice in a row, where it landed on Prize #2. It literally just stuck there, didn't change, but then it didn't deliver either. So I clicked at the button, because it also didn't state I won anything, and it rerolled back to #6. Twice that happened last night.. It's infuriating, and it happened to a friend of mine today for Prize #3. After hearing that I was told I couldn't get anything exchanged without a screenshot, he said he wasn't even going to bother trying for support. Our server on Ruairi has all three Gold options topped out for #1, only 1 coin one for #1, nobody has won a single #2 prize yet, coin or gold. I think it's bugged heavily.
    badnewsbarrett
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    @Dra6o0n lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who found winning one Pon at a time ridiculous.
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Strangely the number2 prize on Ruairi wasnt taken yet yesterday, none at all, i assumed theyd start being won after the number 1 was all out but seeing on other servers its not.. how could none have possibly won the chainblade yet???

and yes it keeps happening and ive screamed in joy before staring i won like number 5 or 6 instead of the top 3 prizes :U
    i wish it had no animation at all because i feel its rigged at this point.
    Jazmynbadnewsbarrett
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    On Ruairi: We now have 1 gold entry left for the wings, 1 gold entry left for the bade, and 3 coin entrys left for the blades. 18 hours left until prizes reset.... its interesting how the blade wasnt won til either today or late yesterday...

I get the annoying "reward lag" too.
  • LucardLucard
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,145
    All the wings are gone on Alexina and I just logged in. I used all 25k gold and 700+ coins just to get pon, training seals, and chain slash boxes. I don't know why they have to troll by showing red or blue boxes only to give you the chain slash box. Wheres the holiday spirit???????????
    badnewsbarrett
  • VioletBoyVioletBoy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,765
    Wow, all the wing entries are gone in one day in Alexina. Though all i want is the 5m chest.

I could've won the #1 prize too....
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I'm starting to think it's not even worth it.

Rng absolutely hates me in every situation.
    Why am I bothering?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Day two and everything remotely worth trying is already taken.

This event is great.
    GretaSylviaWolfeBlissfulkillXiokun
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm curious as to why pretty much all of the new chain blades are locked behind event rng.... not even gacha rng which is their fave kind
    badnewsbarrett
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I'm curious as to why pretty much all of the new chain blades are locked behind event rng.... not even gacha rng which is their fave kind

Well you could just craft the chain blades. The ones that come from the event have low stats anyway. The only one really valuable is the Celtic because of how expensive the materials are.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    Kokoro wrote: »

Well you could just craft the chain blades. The ones that come from the event have low stats anyway. The only one really valuable is the Celtic because of how expensive the materials are.

In terms of the Celtic, can we even craft it yet? I know people have been buying and hoarding ruptured black metal, but do we have a method of getting the Blade Covered with Darkness and Runestone of Sleeping Will materials yet?
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155

In terms of the Celtic, can we even craft it yet? I know people have been buying and hoarding ruptured black metal, but do we have a method of getting the Blade Covered with Darkness and Runestone of Sleeping Will materials yet?

Yup they are called Infernal Blade Fragment and Runestone of Daring. They come from Shadow Missions, Dungeons and Baltane Boxes.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I own a crafted celtic chain so I can confirm they're craftable.
    WolfandWolfKokoro