Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bachram Explosion Quest - Heads Up

Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
Mabinogi Rep: 705
in General Chat
Just a PSA for anyone still collecting the pages:

The next goal in the quest after collecting the pages is to have one squire at likeability level 5, so while you're waiting for Baltane Mission resets, you might want to use your spare time in Avalon Gate chatting with Logan or Kanna, who straight up tell you their desired conversation topics.
Jazmyn

Comments

• JodhiJodhi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    I'm done with this quest.

After the step that the thread starter said, we have two more objectives left
    - Activate Bachram Boost within a group that consist at least 3 members, 10 times (pets not included, I think)
    - Kill Monsters at Baltane Mission 50 times WHEN Bachram Boost is activated

TIPS:
    for the first one, you can just easily make a group with your friends, a group of three, it doesn't matter if your teammate is far at the end of the world or as close as possbile, you'l still get the quest done, if you doing it right, you'll get this objective done approximately around 100minutes (can be more).
    And as for the second one, well Baltane Mission, which one you prefer best. As long as there are lot of mobs and close (since bachram only last for 20 second, so we ought to be quick).
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    What I did for the kill 50 enemies while in Bachram Boost mode was to 3 Baltane Bombs (they gave us 10 for free) in Nowhere to Run to bring down all enemy hp to 10% (it doesn't let you blow up all of them). Then just used a Dance of Death through all of them. Managed to get around 25 of them in that 20 seconds.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 24, 2017
    Tip:
    - Join or make a party (even a production party); you can always leave the party and enter it once again in case
    - You gain bachram by killing monsters
    - Leave the party and enter the baltane mission with about 70% to 90% full bachram; gain the rest through defeating monsters
    - Attack monsters without killing them and have them follow you then use an area-wide effect skill to hit multiple targets once Bachram Boost is in effect, and repeat until completion

Notice:
    *After obtaining the skill you will gain bachram overtime allowing Bachram Boost to take affect. I noticed that any activity can trigger bachram to boost. Gathering or harvesting, and even production skills affect it. I am not certain if bachram had always increased in this manner or after obtaining the skill.
    *Being idle may or may not trigger a gradual boost however - I find that a recent activity then being idle may still allow bachram to gradually increase. In other cases bachram does not increase if the player does not do any activity at all.
    *I believe there is a tick mechanism, like how the effect of the different hot-springs take affect overtime.
  • AellAell
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,070
    I was not aware of production skills triggering Bachram boost, so that is nice to know. However, combat affects Bachram as long as your character is in combat (not necessarily in combat mode), so just one hit generates 1 Bachram point for aproximately 30s, and any further combat activity keeps up the 30s Bachram increase. It should be the same timer that restricts you from entering Homesteads, Festia or Avalon while 'in combat'.

For the quest, or Bachram Explosion training afterwards, you can do this:
    -Enter Provocation in a party of three and have one member hit
    the barriers with auto attack while the other two leave the SM. Bachram meter is shared within party, so the boost triggered by any member should count to all.
    -Once Bachram is activated, those with the quest get the requirement and others get to train their skill easily. Help your friends out and do this while AFK.

*For 50 mob kills in Baltane, enter Nowhere To Run in a party with finish rule set to all. As someone said before, having 80-90% of the meter full also helps. Ready Ice Spear and hit one group of mobs and Chain Sweep the other while Bachram is active. Keep in mind that any summons like pets or puppets' kills don't count towards the quest or event requirements.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Tip:
    - Join or make a party (even a production party); you can always leave the party and enter it once again in case
    - You gain bachram by killing monsters
    - Leave the party and enter the baltane mission with about 70% to 90% full bachram; gain the rest through defeating monsters
    - Attack monsters without killing them and have them follow you then use an area-wide effect skill to hit multiple targets once Bachram Boost is in effect, and repeat until completion

Notice:
    *After obtaining the skill you will gain bachram overtime allowing Bachram Boost to take affect. I noticed that any activity can trigger bachram to boost. Gathering or harvesting, and even production skills affect it. I am not certain if bachram had always increased in this manner or after obtaining the skill.
    *Being idle may or may not trigger a gradual boost however - I find that a recent activity then being idle may still allow bachram to gradually increase. In other cases bachram does not increase if the player does not do any activity at all.
    *I believe there is a tick mechanism, like how the effect of the different hot-springs take affect overtime.

Your info's a bit wrong.
    Bachram gain doesn't change after learning Bachram Explosion

Gathering/life skills don't affect bachram.

Bachram doesn't just increase over time on its own, it requires you, or someone else in your party, to hit an enemy.

If you ever saw your bachram increasing when you haven't hit anything, you were probably in a party, and a party member had hit an enemy somewhere.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 25, 2017
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Your info's a bit wrong.
    I need this confirmed, thank you

A. Gathering/life skills don't affect bachram.
    I was gathering Shyllien with no monster attacking me nor I attacking any and the bachram is increasing

B. Bachram doesn't just increase over time on its own, it requires you, or someone else in your party, to hit an enemy.
    I am in party full of crafters and it still increases over time; it even reaches Bachram Boost unexpectedly

C. If you ever saw your bachram increasing when you haven't hit anything, you were probably in a party, and a party member had hit an enemy somewhere.
    I am AFK half the time, if not I am configuring Pet AI (no pet summoned) or composing scores, on some of the time.

Please test it yourself; if what I am experiencing is a glitch or the fact that at I ranked up Bachram Explosion - one of these factors is letting me gain bachram without doing much.

Edit: Someone in the party was killing monsters.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Your info's a bit wrong.
    I need this confirmed, thank you

A. Gathering/life skills don't affect bachram.
    I was gathering Shyllien with no monster attacking me nor I attacking any and the bachram is increasing

B. Bachram doesn't just increase over time on its own, it requires you, or someone else in your party, to hit an enemy.
    I am in party full of crafters and it still increases over time; it even reaches Bachram Boost unexpectedly

C. If you ever saw your bachram increasing when you haven't hit anything, you were probably in a party, and a party member had hit an enemy somewhere.
    I am AFK half the time, if not I am configuring Pet AI (no pet summoned) or composing scores, on some of the time.

Please test it yourself; if what I am experiencing is a glitch or the fact that at I ranked up Bachram Explosion - one of these factors is letting me gain bachram without doing much.

Edit: Someone in the party was killing monsters.

That's all it takes.
    Also, you don't have to kill, just hit monsters.
    If at least one person in the party hits a monster, that triggers the Bachram gauge to start increasing.
    And since the party shares the same gauge, it would increase on your screen and it would look like it was increasing from nothing.

A method some people are using right now is to have a single person in a party Auto-Attack the barrier spikes in the Provocation shadow mission.