Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cancel "revive in nearest town" option

BloonkBloonk
Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
in Feedback and Suggestions
Really stupid mistake, but sometimes in a difficult dungeon I click "revive in nearest town" instead of "use Nao"
as soon as you click that option you're out, no "are you sure?" or anything of the sort.
there's really no excuse, it's a really easy thing to code. it's such a huge disaster if u accidentally hit this button, with no way to change your mind.
It's just a quality of life improvement. literally who WANTs to click the revive in town button? another things you could do that's even EASIER to code:
make the button unclickable for 5 seconds after hitting escape, so you can think about it.
I'm sure there are people who have never had this problem, and good for you. But you can't say this is a bad idea. it hurt's nobody, it does nothing but improve the game. I'm surprised they havn't done this before.
Siodhan

Comments

• lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Happened to me a few times
    Was so mad at dying I clicked asap and didn't read properly and out I go.
    I learned my lesson now
    YangKoete
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    how do so many players make that mistake? all you have to do is actually take the time to read all the options and "use nao stone," I don't see why mabi should waste time programming what you suggested just cause you picked the wrong option. mistakes can happen especially when a player is in a hurry but if you make a mistake just try again later. a calm character often does better regardless of the situation. if you want to avoid that revive system just take a revive balloon next time, I don't see anything wrong with the current revive options we have.
    lilblkrose
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    depending on the dungeon... i would not waste a perfectly good nao stone. if it were like a Peaca or something higher maybe so but if not then i would just res at last goddess statue. while im sure most if not all have accidentally pressed "res at last town". they more then likely wont add such a script to the game as you Probably aren't the first person the talk about this issue!
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    It hasn't happened to me before, but I wholeheartedly agree. This game needs a lot of quality of life changes, among other even more dire ones, to bring it up to modern standard. Simple things matter.

"Every little helps."
    You can only have so many tiny inconveniences before it really starts bearing down on people, that's why even small changes in a game are important. Bugfixes are important. Etc.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ooh, that stinks.

Something like a confirmation of your choice would help, wouldn't it?

Like "This option has fewer penalties than others, but you will have to abandon any progress made in this dungeon."

Sort of like the tooltip it gives when you mouse over the different options.