Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Curious on skill ranking

VaemiraVaemira
Mabinogi Rep: 510
in General Chat
Do you guys rank skills just to r1 or until you achieve the master title? For me personally just until r1, I don't have the greatest attention span to go all the way to master title via grinding.
  1. Do you rank skills just to r1 or until you get the master title?51 votes
    1. Just to r1
       75% (38 votes)
    2. To master title
       25% (13 votes)

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    If the master title is any good.
    I don't go for master titles if they don't give me something worthwhile.
    stegs
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    It depends on how much effort it takes to reach master.
    Goldtiger01
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I ended up mastering a lot of the Chain skills just by playing the game, I didn't try for master outside of impale, impale is so strong.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited December 31, 2017
    I prefer to wear master titles that most people don't have, so that means going for the skills people deem to be "useless" or titles that are "worthless". Or both.

xvdoK.png

(I'm not sure if that one is even obtainable any more. I hear people are having trouble taming things after the dungeon revamp.)
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I only master skills that has useful master title effects or when I am close to master the skill while training that talent at the time. Some skills can be mastered easily just by playing the game though like Kunai Storm and Bash.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Sometimes when the mood strikes me I master some skills.

But I don't think it''s something I've made a habit out of.

Rank 1, or any other capped rank, is what I go for usually.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    It would be a great achievement to accomplish but as the game allows anyone to change more often, especially through Duncan or Reset Capsules, it becomes an option to be the master of anything:

Jack of all trades, master of none

I am not sure if I am the only one to have fairly high ranks on many skills but only a few that are rank 1. I like to experience everything before I dedicate myself to one talent - however I have chosen which talent(s) that fits to my play-style.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I do not bother with any master titles at all, as guardian of the gate is pretty allround for me. The only one I specifically went for was hillwen engineering for my guild. I already had everything I wanted from it even before I started working on it.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Like Siodhan, I went for mastering Magic Craft and Engineering for my guild, but I do have quite a few Life skills mastered. Skills used in battle I'm less likely to actively master.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Not a lot of skills can beat +10/15 max damage titles and even if they did they only give a specific stat which isn't all around useful. It's typically +some random stat or even -some random stat, it would be nice if they made master titles improve their skill.
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I don't bother putting effort forth towards getting a master title since... I never wear any title except the one I use for my regular dungeon/shadow mission clearing, so I don't feel the need to get anymore. However... in my 10 - 11 yrs playing mabi I've obtained a large majority of master titles just from everyday use. I will admit, I need to get the master titles for hillwen and magic craft.. I just... can't be bothered... I'm wayyy too lazy these days :L
    pawcalypse
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I keep going to get the master titles for the skills I prefer to use, even though I know I will never use those titles. For combat styles I don't continue to use, I leave the skills at Rank 1 without mastering, with the intention to go back to them if I ever run out of skills to train I really care about. Eventually I may get around to picking up dan ranks of other fighting styles, so I would have an opportunity to master other skills in those talents around the time I work on that.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Its a very simple thing really.

I get the skill to rank 1, and then look up what the master title's effect is.

If its bad or not something good for how I play, I ignore it.
    And if its good, I get it.

Only exception are things like masteries of weapons one commonly uses.
    Especially with things like guns, chainblades, etc.
    Then you don't even have to try to get them, they just happen.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Enthralling Performance is the only master title Ive actively tried to get.Just because I enjoy walking while playing music. I find all titles close to useless now a days. Slight damage increases only mattering in few areas, so I cant see myself ever bothering to go out of my way to master skills, beyond cosmetic reasons. Now a days The only title I ever remember to put on is my family title.
    pawcalypse
  • OmnomnomnomOmnomnomnom
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Almost any master title i Wanted, i have by now so. plenty of them i didn't work on right after getting R1 that's for sure.
    This question seems Decently Situational though.
    pawcalypse
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    I only go for titles that are useful to me/a party.

Whether is party healing master, or Hydra Transmutation Master, Support shot master maybe, i get what i feel is more useful/gives me the stats i want to increase damage
    pawcalypse
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I do go for master titles but only just by chance. I mastered 4 chain slash skills because I simply used them the most (and with the right pots, its super easy to master. I masted them 3 times cause of all skill resets)
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I'll master a skill if I can do it with a reasonable amount of time and effort. If it takes hundreds of hours of gathering and crafting, or thousands of kills of mobs of a specific strength rating...not happening.
    pawcalypse
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,280
    I let masters sneak up on me, it's a pleasant surprise during combat or whatever else I'm doing. I don't bother to highly rank something unless it's something in my normal rotation of things. Unless it's life skills. Then I try to at least get past rank 5 for the sake of making things or helping out the guild fam!
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I don't even have the attention span to grind to r1 for many skills, let alone master. most skills I have at r1 just got there more or less by themselves through doing events, storyline and dailies. though not too long ago I made an effort of getting the lightning skills to at least r1 and getting the title for lightning mastery, because I now like to call myself mabinogi's railgun. but other than that I usually don't bother with master titles