Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Auction Prices

WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
edited January 4, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm sure someone has got to have mentioned this before, but the Tara auction items are in some serious need of having their prices slashed. No one is going to give up 3 mil on a water cylinder that happens to have a wave enchant. Might as well cut most of these starting bids in half.

The only prices that I think may be remotely fair are the page prices. And MAYBE 10 Ancient Magic Powders are really worth 1mil. But other than that, it would be helpful to go slashy slashy on some of these pricey prices.
  1. Do you want some of the Auction starting bids to go down?8 votes
    1. Yes! Cut them in half!
       25% (2 votes)
    2. Yes! Make them a quarter of the price they are now!
       25% (2 votes)
    3. No! The prices are good where they are!
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I'd rather introduce alternative ways of getting these same items
       50% (4 votes)

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I think the item list for the auction needs to be revised. It would be nice to see some newer crafting materials or items like Eweca Orbs appear in the auction rotation. Changing the starting bids on existing items by itself won't suddenly make those items desirable.
    YangKoeteWolfandWolfOdinwolfe
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Agree with the above comment. The Auction List needs to be revised a LOT more frequently. I think it has changed maybe once since it was implemented, and that change was years ago. Here's some ideas:

- Increase the number of auction items. Instead of two, do five or ten, maybe more.
    - Frequently update the list. At LEAST once a year, preferably 2-3 times per year
    - Add some crafting materials into the mix -- Wood Boards, Ice Fabric, etc.
    - Add Sewing Patterns and BS Manuals into the mix -- especially ones that have not otherwise been available for 5-6 years like Viseo's Mirror Blade or Diamond-Patterned Leather Armor.
    - Add enchants into the mix.
    - Drop minimum bids to 10k or 100k, and less for materials. You do not need to worry about people getting valuable things for 10k because no one shows up -- if you offer decent things and the bids start that low, people WILL show up. If not you can always change it back later.

I would like to see 2-3 High-end items per auction (clothes, enchants, rare patterns, etc.) and the rest be lower-grade but still desirable items like crafting materials, shadow crystals, 300 potions, etc. Keep it fresh, and people will go.
    YangKoete
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited January 5, 2018
    Caissa wrote: »
    I think the item list for the auction needs to be revised. It would be nice to see some newer crafting materials or items like Eweca Orbs appear in the auction rotation. Changing the starting bids on existing items by itself won't suddenly make those items desirable.

True. We definitely need some new items to make it fresh again.

I just kind of want...sort of want some of the things currently offered too (like the butterfly silk wear) and I just wish they weren't so pricey. There's no reason for them to be when a lot of these items have obsolete enchants or aren't that great. So, along with the introduction of new items and materials, I would want to see a lot of these pricey old stuff being auctioned off for cheaper.

Ekaterin wrote: »
    Agree with the above comment. The Auction List needs to be revised a LOT more frequently. I think it has changed maybe once since it was implemented, and that change was years ago. Here's some ideas:

- Increase the number of auction items. Instead of two, do five or ten, maybe more.
    - Frequently update the list. At LEAST once a year, preferably 2-3 times per year
    - Add some crafting materials into the mix -- Wood Boards, Ice Fabric, etc.
    - Add Sewing Patterns and BS Manuals into the mix -- especially ones that have not otherwise been available for 5-6 years like Viseo's Mirror Blade or Diamond-Patterned Leather Armor.
    - Add enchants into the mix.
    - Drop minimum bids to 10k or 100k, and less for materials. You do not need to worry about people getting valuable things for 10k because no one shows up -- if you offer decent things and the bids start that low, people WILL show up. If not you can always change it back later.

I would like to see 2-3 High-end items per auction (clothes, enchants, rare patterns, etc.) and the rest be lower-grade but still desirable items like crafting materials, shadow crystals, 300 potions, etc. Keep it fresh, and people will go.

I really like this idea, especially the part about old manuals that are no longer available. And the min bid change too! WHY does nearly every minimum bid need to be 2mil or something? It's ridiculous. As you said, if you make it cheap at the start, tons of people will flock. And their competition will raise the price in a more effective way, by trying to outbid each other (which is something we do ourselves in the player marketplace every day).
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited January 6, 2018
    And the min bid change too! WHY does nearly every minimum bid need to be 2mil or something? It's ridiculous. As you said, if you make it cheap at the start, tons of people will flock. And their competition will raise the price in a more effective way, by trying to outbid each other (which is something we do ourselves in the player marketplace every day).

The biggest problem with the minimum bids is that they are so outdated. Since the item list has not changed, but the availability of the items HAS, the starting bids for most items are just ridiculous now. Five years ago, a Highlander Bow or Highlander Claymore was a 5-10m item, when the only way to get them was to clear Peaca Intermediate when that was very difficult. Then they went in gacha, with r1 preforges, then better weapons came out, and now they're worth what, maybe 50-100k? Avenger Valencia Armor is common gacha trash, worth maybe 250k, but it's 5m minimum bid at the auction. I used to sell Karis Wizard Suits for 6-7M, and in that case, the pattern selling for 3m was worth it. Nowadays, I sell suits for 250k and it takes days to sell one.

Some of the items still have decent prices. 1M for 10 ancient powders is still a bargain. A Terra Gothic Full Dress for 1m is still reasonable, etc. These however are the exception, not the rule.
    YangKoeteWolfandWolf