Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dark Skintone Options for Elves!

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Im not sure if this was suggested already but I know its been talked about quite a lot. Elves should have same skin tone options as other races. Maybe also more natural looking hair colors like brown and black might be nice as well.

+1 support
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    That is correct, this discussion has a much larger thread on the topic here:

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4253/dark-skintone-options-for-elves
    Greta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I, of course, also support.
    You know.. if they went with the original design of Treasure Hunter, it would in a way confirm darker skin tone for elves.
    Here ya go;
    511px-Treasure_Hunter_Female.jpg

But I mean.. I'm not complaining at all.
    sVr3AoR.png

♥u♥ So adorable
    ZeoDANIartsKaiwyth
  • MysticfaeriequeenMysticfaeriequeen
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    I wanted an elf as my main account but there wasn't an option for dark skin. I have dark skin in real life and I like making my characters resemble me. Plus elves (at least in the mabi world) live in the desert. It's odd that they don't have a dark skin option, yet giants do, and they live in the snow. I don't think dark skin will ever be an option though. I've played mabi years ago (back when elves didn't even have black hair.) If it takes this long for black hair to be an option I can only imagine the dark skin option.
    Sherri
  • mochibimochibi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    if they can't give us dark skin tones because of the pre-existing programming
    can they make an item like those pumpkin crowns but instead for dark skin? i wouldn't mind using up my hat slot in exchange for darker skin. hell they could do it for all sorts of skin colors and make it into a gacha to get ppl to buy nx and i'd still buy it :B
    but instead of a crown. maybe a bobby pin or something less noticeable
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    mochibi wrote: »
    can they make an item like those pumpkin crowns but instead for dark skin? i wouldn't mind using up my hat slot in exchange for darker skin. hell they could do it for all sorts of skin colors and make it into a gacha to get ppl to buy nx and i'd still buy it :B

That would be neat though I would rather we have this as the actual skintone option instead of using something like Pumpkin Crown. I'm not as active on Mabinogi as much now but it annoys me that you'd actually have to take the crown off thus losing your skintone when you have to wear the gear (like the complete Bohemian set, to be fair)...
    Sphyra21Sherri
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Zeo wrote: »
    mochibi wrote: »

That would be neat though I would rather we have this as the actual skintone option instead of using something like Pumpkin Crown. I'm not as active on Mabinogi as much now but it annoys me that you'd actually have to take the crown off thus losing your skintone when you have to wear the gear (like the complete Bohemian set, to be fair)...

or wear it in your style tab, which costs $ and shows it. and some of us dont want to show a crown were wearing b/c of our favorite hats or wigs.
  • ZeoZeo
    Necro-bumping this thread up... because well...

I recently started being bit more active on Mabinogi and was really hoping that the dark skintones for the elves would have been implemented already... however, it haven’t been implemented even though it is VERY easy to do.

However, I did hear from some people that we have a pretty big movement trying to get the dark skintones for the elves, especially in the chat from every stream relating to Mabinogi which made me so happy and we should continue to fight til we finally get the dark skintones for the elves!
    Sphyra21Sherri
  • VitulaVitula
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    I would love to see this happen in the game!
    ZeoSphyra21SherriKaiwyth
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    This need to happen yesterday lol
    ZeoSherriKaiwyth
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Elves have waited long enough for skin colors. While they are at it, unlock all the hair colors for everyone too!
    I want my pink hair on my giant...
    ZeoSherri
  • ZeoZeo
    Ladame wrote: »
    Elves have waited long enough for skin colors. While they are at it, unlock all the hair colors for everyone too!
    I want my pink hair on my giant...

Yaaaaas, I would love to have the burgundy hair for my elf along with having the darkest skin available that both humans and giants already have..
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    I vote yes for this...

...and for purple skin, green skin, yellow/orange skin, blue skin, red skin...

Honestly if a new skin tone is to be added, we might as well go the extra mile.
    I wouldn't even mind if the weird colors were coupons. Those crowns are annoying...
    ZeoSherriNeirenn
  • ZeoZeo
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I vote yes for this...

...and for purple skin, green skin, yellow/orange skin, blue skin, red skin...

Honestly if a new skin tone is to be added, we might as well go the extra mile.
    I wouldn't even mind if the weird colors were coupons. Those crowns are annoying...

I think adding in weird colors as a new skin option.. even as a form of coupon or skin dye would be a wonderful idea. I also wouldn’t mind paying some money to get a coupon or skin dye so my main character Zeo can finally get the permanent chocolate skin that I wouldn’t change (basically like hair dye, you won’t lose the color as long as you don’t change the hair or color)...
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    If elves get dark skin tones, can Humans get the gorgeous shade of blue eyes that elves get? I love the blue options elves get~
    GretaZeoSherri
  • ZeoZeo
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    If elves get dark skin tones, can Humans get the gorgeous shade of blue eyes that elves get? I love the blue options elves get~

I’m up for that! Or actually.. just make it so all the color options for hair, eyes, and skin are shared upon all three races so everyone is happy because I personally would love to be able to use darker color eyes that humans and giants have while we elves are only stuck with dark brown as our only dark eyes color...
  • SherriSherri
    I still am in support for this!
    In MapleStory, if a new character is released, GMS adds on the other skin colors (AKA dark skin for originally light skinned characters.)
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

I know right? I love my Steel Blue eye color ♥
  • ZeoZeo
    edited January 11, 2018
    So I saw just now that we hit the 100 votes on ‘yes’ for the elves getting dark skintone options! I’m so proud of what I have done so far and also making a LOT of movements to bring the dark skintone options for us elves to finally use!

PVf5dKF.jpg

Please do your best to make it happen, NA Mabinogi team! I know this is a very simple thing to do and that negotiating with KR Mabinogi team is a very tough thing to do but I know we all will accomplish this this finally getting one of our biggest goals Donne where players are happy being able to use dark skintone for their elf! :D <3
    Sherri wrote: »
    In MapleStory, if a new character is released, GMS adds on the other skin colors (AKA dark skin for originally light skinned characters.)

Oh wow, really? I mean.. I don’t play MapleStory so I wouldn’t know but that is really nice of them to do that!
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    edited January 11, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »

Oh wow, really? I mean.. I don’t play MapleStory so I wouldn’t know but that is really nice of them to do that!

Yup. When you make a character, you get a wide selection of skin tones.
    Elven, Pale, Light, Clay, Tanned, Dark..
    Actually, it was fairly recent.
    They added Elven and Clay skin tones, giving more skin tone options in the character creation menu.
    This further proves that we should be able to get skin tones.
    Yes, it's not Mabinogi, but it is another Nexon game.
    If the Maple community was able to get Nexon to listen, why can't the Mabi community? ^_^
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Yup. When you make a character, you get a wide selection of skin tones.
    Elven, Pale, Light, Clay, Tanned, Dark..
    Actually, it was fairly recent.
    They added Elven and Clay skin tones, giving more skin tone options in the character creation menu.
    This further proves that we should be able to get skin tones.
    Yes, it's not Mabinogi, but it is another Nexon game.
    If the Maple community was able to get Nexon to listen, why can't the Mabi community? ^_^

Aww, that is really nice of them to do so and those two skintones look really nice too! :D

And yep, I believe implementing the rest of skintones for elves to use is very simple and just require the very basic knowledge of codes (all you have to do is to change several texts for the UI or whatever) but the issue is also trying to negotiate with KR Mabinogi so they can make it be an official thing even if it would be exclusive to NA Mabinogi only!

We just have to keep pushing!
    Sherri
This discussion has been closed.