Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Does Playing Mabinogi makes someone a Weeaboo?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    LOL weeaboo is an overused term nowadays by normies who think the West is the pinnacle of entertainment.
    A majority of the stuff we like comes from Japan, Korea, etc.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    @Light_Novels

Just show them this video, you'll be okay :3
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Playing Mabinogi makes you a weeaboo like reading 50 Shades of Grey makes you a dom.

(Read: Not in the bloody slightest)

Besides, enjoy what you want. Detractors in this case are just half-racist edgy memelords who think the world is on a points system.
    DANIarts
  • TeriustheGreatTeriustheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    If you wanna be a weeb just watch love live.
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    As people had said, it does not. considering it is a game originated from Asia, the art will most likely be Asian style (and has been out quite sometime). They will definitely be the ones missing out. Kind of funny, because this game is based from European Lore. As others had defined the definition of a Weeb, don't worry you are not. Besides it doesn't matter what people say, play what you like and have fun. Don't let others derogatory comments that are thrown around easily these days dictate what you do.
    DANIarts
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    They don't sound very friend-ly to me.

More like bleating sheep. Baaa, go with the herd, baa, we are all the same, baaaa.
    DANIarts
  • SoraiteSoraite
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    edited January 23, 2018
    a weeaboo isn't just someone who likes manga and anime, they're not otaku either. It's a term used for ignorant people who think they know japanese bc they watch anime and like manga- or think they know everything about the country and culture just from anime/manga.

Tbh, i don't think many people use it in that sense a lot- i know i call myself a weeb and my friends as a weeb as a joke because we like anime and we shout "NANII" and other animesque words for memes lol. I don't think you should worry about what your friend thinks either, it's something i get judged for by my friends too but let them judge all they want! They don't know the complexity the game has and if they won't give it a chance when a friend is recommending it, let them do what they want.
    DANIarts
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    No.

Is this clear enough?
    DANIarts
  • TeriustheGreatTeriustheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Yes it does.