Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

All these chain slash skills...

RoyRedRoyRed
Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
edited January 7, 2018 in General Chat
Hey players,I think an idea about these painful skills we got since all of chain slash skills are there now so,I am coming up with "how's those skills makes you feel when using them?"
List your own when you use these chain skills after you learned them all if you learn every chain slash skills.So here's my list how I feel when I use them:
1:Anchor Rush is jumping with a chain blade&takes no damage from a Sephirot's jump skill=Real handy there,but I don't use it much in normal combat.
2:Chain Crush is you stick your chain blade into your foe,you toss them up&toss them down to the ground hard=That's got to hurt a lot...
3:Chain Impale is the fastest stab you ever see&it stuns your foe=Getting stab that fast,you feel pain before you drop dead.
4:Chain Sweep is you stick you chain blade to the ground&explode the foes down then you jump them above them&double slash them into pain=Those foes won't handle a pain like that.
5:Death Mark is your chain blade glows from your hate to the tip of the blade&you curse your foe to there death when using chain slash skills on top of it=You will dead in no time flat.
6:Dorcha Conversion is you risk you own life to get Dorcha power,so if you have life drain skill;then you won't bleed yourself so much=I need to stop hurting myself with that skill.
7:Dorcha Snatch is you just get Dorcha for just swinging your chain blade like a sadist=I can swing them so crazy,you would be in fear.
8:Spinning Slasher is you drag multiple foes or less close to you&become a living blender of pain=Alright everyone,who wants blended fomor meat?
9:Raging Spike is you dash of swings of your chain blade just like Saber using Invisible Blade but you attack nothing but rage=The swings might be different but,it can hurt badly![Note:You could even dodge a fireball,when use it outside of it's range!]
10:Chain Burst is make your chain slash skills more deadly=You would be in a world of pain!
11:Bachram Explosion is when your faith become strong like steel,you jump&you pound to the ground cause an explosion of dark geysers by the power of "Bachram"=Kiss your life good-bye,with my power of faith;I can send you to the underworld!Begone,ex-plo-sion!!!!!
12:Dorcha Mastery is just a system inside of you that just want to unleash it between faith&anger to your limits.
Chain Blade Mastery is nothing to talk about,since it's only a passive skill.

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Anchor rush: Bunny hops. That is all.

Chain Crush: Really really good in solo play, really REALLY bad in party play.

Chain Impale: Dex Bash.

Chain Sweep: Watching a cluster of enemies get stunlocked by a party of players all spamming this move is amusing.

Death Mark: Now you too can be a huge help in groups even if you lack high damage! Just death mark for your party!

Dorcha Conversion: Life for the Life eating demon. Or you just felt like stabbing yourself into deadly status.

Dorcha Snatch: Really should be listed as a passive, its just normal attack.

Spinning Slasher: So this is what being a beyblade is like...

Raging Spike: Shooting rush.

Chain Burst: Beserker but without crippling you.

Bachram explosion: High damage and multiple hits. For when you get sick of enemies with high hp.

Dorcha Mastery: Can also be called Dark Magic mastery, but they gotta reference demon powers to be edgy.
    pawcalypseSphyra21AellRadiant DawnGoldtiger01
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    1.Anchor Rush: Useless
    2.Chain Crush: Useless in a party
    3.Chain Impale: Useless when it causes deadly
    4.Chain Sweep: Useless when there isn't a giant mass of enemies on screen that haven't been lullabied already
    5.Death Mark: Useless outside of really really strong enemies
    6.Dorcha Conv: Useless in combat since you can just keep hitting things without killing yourself
    7.Dorcha Snatch: Useless on a skill bar
    8.Spinning Slasher: Useless in conjunction with displacement
    9.Raging Spike: Useless in conjunction with displacement
    10.Chain Burst: Useless for anything but battles with ridiculously tough monsters while you have any dorcha at all to spare
    11.Bachram Explosion: Useless because it's not charged whenever you actually need it
    JoeyDee9
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Anchor Rush: Good for getting away from being hit if you can time it right and fun to use when you are too lazy to run
    Chain Crush: I'd rather use Blunt Weapon Smash Effect or Somersault Kick
    Chain Impale: Chain Blade #1 skill for dealing damage since it can be boosted up to the point in which it's damage is ludicrous
    Chain Sweep: Can either save someone from being killed or use it to kill the grouping of monsters
    Death Mark: Useful for rounding up monsters to be hit with other AoEs such as Bullet Storm, Climatic Crash, Sakura Abyss, Spinning Slasher and Shuriken Charge Splash
    Dorcha Snatch/Dorcha Conversion: Recover Dorcha faster. That's about it. Except one hurts you, but it is perfect for training Life Drain if need be since Dorcha Conversion can be used without a chain blade
    Raging Spike: Melee version of Shooting Rush and somewhat stronger than it's dual gun counterpart as well.
    Chain Burst: Best to use this to boost Chain Impale and Raging Spike
    Bachram Explosion: For when you want to say FU to annoying monsters.
    pawcalypseRadiant DawnGoldtiger01
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited January 7, 2018
    I'm happy about them.
    I made 4 million gold selling 2 2nd Docha crystals I got from punch spiders and foxes . Now the market as crashed and 2nd dorchas go for 500k. :p
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 7, 2018
    AgentJean wrote: »
    I'm happy about them.
    I made 4 million gold selling 2 2nd Docha crystals I got from punch spiders and foxes . Now the market as crashed and 2nd dorchas go for 500k. :p

It's 500k now? It changed so fast
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    I'm happy about them.

It's 500k now? It changed so fast

Just saw some for 300k on Ruairi. :p

That doesn't even pay for the Rabbie Phantasm pass.
    pawcalypseRadiant Dawn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Anchor Rush: I never remember about it in combat when it'd actually be helpful, but it's fun to zip around.
    Chain Crush: I swear the daze on this doesn't affect stronger mobs, or at least certain dungeon bosses, but that's not the worst. WHY MUST IT GIVE MONSTERS INVINCIBILITY FRAMES!?
    Chain Impale: Very strong, but single target and has a bit of an animation lock. Also really bad if it sends an enemy into deadly. So many invincibility frames.
    Chain Sweep: This is nice, but it just feels off. Like it should hit three times, or something. Either way, you really commit to it once you start it, it's got such an animation lock.
    Death Mark: This is fun to use on fully-spawned orb rooms in Adv HM Dungeons especially if used in combo with Kunai Storm, Shuriken Charge, Spinning Slasher, and such, but it's also nice just to have free extra DPS on a boss.
    Dorcha Snatch: Basic attack, what can ya say. It's neat how you attack faster up close and slower at range.
    Dorcha Conversion: I usually just use this when I wanna go fight stuff, but I've just logged in or CC'd and have 0 Dorcha. I really wish higher HP gave some more Dorcha.
    Raging Spike: The amount of Invincibility frames it gives enemies KILLLLLS this skill in party play. Well, unless it one-shots, anyways.
    Chain Burst: For when you want that extra chain damage, but I usually forget about it because I'm not always at a surplus for Dorcha in combat. Nice Chain Impale stun increase, though.
    Bachram Explosion: It's fun to use, but tragic if you aim badly, lmao.
    pawcalypse
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Here's my little thoughts.

Anchor Rush: Fun little skill although not super useful. I like to use to avoid Girgashiy's staff attack and the Sidhe Finnachaid boss' circle thing.
    Chain Crush: Yeah I agree with Iyasenu in thinking it doesn't work on stronger enemies. I was trying to use it on the GM mission Master Lich but it didn't seem to work whereas Somersault Kick does.
    Chain Impale: Can get some stupid high damage with this. I feel a little awkward when I use it though. Like it feels kind of stiff to use compared to the smoothness of the normal attacks?
    Chain Sweep: This is my go-to skill now when dealing with a crowd. Except when a new wave of enemies spawn in and are waiting for you on the ground on your original location.
    Death Mark: Seeing all the enemies slide around looks goofy but I like ot haha. Fun fact, the Cerberus statues that shoot stuff at you in Tara missions are also dragged around for some reason.
    Dorcha Snatch: Meh it is to Chain Slash Mastery as Ranged Attack is to Bow Mastery.
    Dorcha Conversion: I don't really use this since the hp cost is huge and it's perfectly easy to just smack an enemy a few times for Dorcha. Maybe if you feel like Anchor Rushing around the market for some reason.
    Spinning Slasher: A good skill to set up some potential AOE combos but the fact that the range is a cone to the right of where you are facing kinda triggers my symmetry OCD.
    Raging Spike: Not too sure about this one. It's similar to Shooting Rush but with less range I think? We also have Anchor Rush for positioning and I much prefer Chain Sweep as an AOE. I dunno.
    Chain Burst: A buff skill that uses the same energy as your attack skills. Even during Bachram Boost, I find myself wanting to spam more attack skills rather than taking the time to use Chain Burst.
    Bachram Explosion: Looks cool and hits a massive area. Waiting for Bachram Boost kinda sucks it's fair enough.

All in all, I really enjoy Chainslash and particularly how the normal attacks flow well with the skills.

pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    inb4skillrebalance
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Siodhan wrote: »
    1.Anchor Rush: Useless
    2.Chain Crush: Useless in a party
    3.Chain Impale: Useless when it causes deadly
    4.Chain Sweep: Useless when there isn't a giant mass of enemies on screen that haven't been lullabied already
    5.Death Mark: Useless outside of really really strong enemies
    6.Dorcha Conv: Useless in combat since you can just keep hitting things without killing yourself
    7.Dorcha Snatch: Useless on a skill bar
    8.Spinning Slasher: Useless in conjunction with displacement
    9.Raging Spike: Useless in conjunction with displacement
    10.Chain Burst: Useless for anything but battles with ridiculously tough monsters while you have any dorcha at all to spare
    11.Bachram Explosion: Useless because it's not charged whenever you actually need it

genuine question. Do you even play this talent for fun lol?
    Sphyra21pawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I'm happy about them.
    I made over 100m from the chain quests ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited January 8, 2018
    Anchor Rush: Flameburst? Ha! I leap away and attack while you're still using the skill XD

Chain Crush: kills enemies pretty quickly and it's so satisfyin' to throw a mob up in the air lol

Chain Impale: Use it up close then anchor rush to get some distance ^^

Chain Sweep: Chain blade version of kunai storm and just as useful just wish the mouse cursor wouldn't "disappear" when ya use it.

Death Mark: It's fun to see mobs get pulled together, follow up with spinning slasher pplz!

Dorcha Conv: Um, welp not much to say 'cept it helps when you're outta dorcha.

Dorcha Snatch: Really should be listed as a Passive skill.

Spinning Slasher: Super useful when you have to "sacrifice" mobs

Raging Spike: My fave skill definitely just cut right through a whole mess of mobs. Switch Room with all switches hit+ RS + Lullaby = lotsa fun!

Chain Burst: most used skill and makes a massive difference in the amount of damage CC and CI make.

Bachram Explosion: It's fun and flashy. Also it sounds really cool with "virtual surround."

Chain blade is awesome! It's a speed type skill set, totally up my alley. I've said it several times ingame: CB is just like how elven archery used to be before the nerfed it and added cool downs. Fast and lethal.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    That moment when half of the posters here forgot to include the Spinning Slasher, lol.. but I’ll go ahead..

—————————-

Anchor Rush - Good for getting to places faster... especially if you’re doing something like SCC SM.. but I don’t really use this skill.

Death Mark - One of the most useful skills from the available Chain skills imo, it increase the damage the target receive and also pull in the mobs together.. good for basically any AoE skills to use on after if necessary.

Dorcha Conversion - I don’t really use it because it’s so easy and fast to leech all the dorcha energy back up... but it is definitely good if you want to use something like Life Drain.

Dorcha Snatch - I agree with @Sphyra21 ... Why is it an active skill instead of being passive? Nothing else to say about this...

Chain Burst - You are seriously crazy if you don’t use this because it help a LOT with Chain damage... so it’s one of the best Chain skills to use.

Chain Impale - Basically a mix of Bash and Flash Launcher, one of the best Chain skills to use because you can spam it and deal really heavy damage.. especially with Death Mark and Chain Burst.

Chain Crush - Long animation but it’s good if you need to daze a mob and don’t want to use Somersault Kick... also deal decent damage but not as good as Chain Impale.

Chain Sweep - Basically the Chain version of AoE sweeper skill and it’s very good, can deal pretty heavy damage to several mobs at once or more.

Spinning Slasher - My favorite skill to spam! It’s not as good as Chain Sweep but it’s one of the two Chain skills that will be getting DAN ranks soon, I believe? So it’ll only become bit more useful and powerful... plus I just feel really satisfying using this for some reason, lol.

Raging Spike - I don’t use this as much though it is useful in their own way because of the invincibility frame but the damage is not as good compared to Chain Sweep and Spinning Slasher.

Bachram Explosion - Very powerful... but it should maybe get five or ten minutes of cooldown upon use... now that would actuslly make this skill have some viability instead of just relying on the Bachram Boost which is bit random and usually doesn’t prepare you ahead...

—————————-

But I actuslly enjoy using Chain, it’s basically my new main skillset to use and I’m really glad that it is based on Dex and Luck so finally something that elves are best at beside just spamming Magnum with Ladeca and Final Shot...
    Sphyra21pawcalypse
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    edited January 8, 2018
    The only skills I use tbh is

The Passives- cool

Dorcha conversion- free dorcha

Chain Impale- the bash/magnum

Chain Sweep- makes kunai storm and crash shot useless

Death mark+ Chain burst- not needed until boss

Other skills are useless exept for stats
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Chain Impale is like bash without the risk of getting hit.

Chain Sweep makes ninja and guns a joke. Hell, Ive only used these two skills, outside of ranking.

People say this class isnt newbie friendly because of locked off skills. Please, you dont even need the locked off skills, to be fine, with Chain.
    lceCream
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Unisex wrote: »
    People say this class isnt newbie friendly because of locked off skills. Please, you dont even need the locked off skills, to be fine, with Chain.

You need them if you want to master the skillset though. zzz
    pawcalypse
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    lack of lust power ...
    lceCream
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Harukari wrote: »
    Unisex wrote: »

You need them if you want to master the skillset though. zzz

You needed Intermediate skills to master magic, but it didnt stop me from just spamming firebolt for years lol.
    lceCreampawcalypseHellkaizer