Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Worth getting back into?

ClegunnaClegunna
Mabinogi Rep: 320
in General Chat
I havent played since like G9 or G8 cant really remember. is it worth hopping back on?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This thread again... :D
    Siodhan
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Just play it and decide for yourself
    VeylainepawcalypseLeineiKageitoImaizumiRukiya
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Its a very different game since way back then, so just hop on and see what its like.

And maybe say what server you are on in case someone wants to help you get familiar again.
    pawcalypse[Deleted User]ZeoClegunnaImaizumi
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Its a very different game since way back then, so just hop on and see what its like.

And maybe say what server you are on in case someone wants to help you get familiar again.

Alexina.

Long answer no.

Short answer yes.

Nothing has really improved about the game apart from the new content.

The game is still as you once know it to be. Things don't ever change. The only thing that has change is the number of interesting people and player interactions.

Everyone is a fashionogi, elves are running rampant...., and they are all afk.
    pawcalypseClegunna
  • ArjuneArjune
    Zarozian wrote: »

The game is still as you once know it to be. Things don't ever change. The only thing that has change is the number of interesting people and player interactions.

posts like this are the reason threads like this are pointless
    ZeoGreta
  • ClegunnaClegunna
    people who say the post is pointless dont understand downloading and uninstalling lol why waste time downloading something if im just gonna delete it. Further more if its so pointless why bother commenting. i do appreciate the ones who actually answered the question. I was a huge mabi fan i just didnt have windows for awhile
    Goldtiger01Imaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Clegunna wrote: »
    people who say the post is pointless dont understand downloading and uninstalling lol why waste time downloading something if im just gonna delete it. Further more if its so pointless why bother commenting. i do appreciate the ones who actually answered the question. I was a huge mabi fan i just didnt have windows for awhile

Just play dude. Smh.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 10, 2018
    I think you misunderstood me. Everyone is going to have different opinions on the game which are not necessarily the same as yours. Someone could say it's the most fun game ever and nothing compares to it. That doesn't necessarily mean YOU will think that. You might find it super boring or not as fun as that person made it seem. Meanwhile you just had someone tell you that literally nothing has changed for years when in fact it has changed drastically and has several new skill sets, raid content, and is currently on G20 storyline. the only person that will truly know if the game is worth going back to is YOU, so that's why it's better if you just try it out. It's not like the game is 500 gigabytes or something... it's a fairly small game compared to a lot of newer ones. I guess I just don't see how maybe a 1-2 hour download might be a burden unless you just have really slow internet
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I find the game boring as hell lately but I still log in. I guess that says something. Meh.
    courtneyy
  • ClegunnaClegunna
    edited January 10, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood me. Everyone is going to have different opinions on the game which are not necessarily the same as yours. Someone could say it's the most fun game ever and nothing compares to it. That doesn't necessarily mean YOU will think that. You might find it super boring or not as fun as that person made it seem. Meanwhile you just had someone tell you that literally nothing has changed for years when in fact it has changed drastically and has several new skill sets, raid content, and is currently on G20 storyline. the only person that will truly know if the game is worth going back to is YOU, so that's why it's better if you just try it out. It's not like the game is 500 gigabytes or something... it's a fairly small game compared to a lot of newer ones. I guess I just don't see how maybe a 1-2 hour download might be a burden unless you just have really slow internet

a waste a time is a waste of time when someone brings up a question its to get an answer obviously people have different opinions duh thats why i asked the damn question. its to get input from the community that actively plays so i dont waste my time downloading the launcher and plus the game just to delete it 10 minutes later when i have a community to ask. this is why forums are a thing dont wanna answer dont that simple. i just wanted to hear different point of views
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

a waste a time is a waste of time when someone brings up a question its to get an answer obviously people have different opinions duh thats why i asked the damn question. its to get input from the community that actively plays so i dont waste my time downloading the launcher and plus the game just to delete it 10 minutes later when i have a community to ask. this is why forums are a thing dont wanna answer dont that simple. i just wanted to hear different point of views

I think you have wasted enough time in the forums. :)
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Like most people said, it would be better to try the game out and see it for yourself...

But that one post where someone think the game isn’t different compared to the G8-G9... lol what, you are kidding me, right? G8-G9 is literally back in like 2010 so of course, the system and such would be very different due to the combat system being revamped back in G16 where magic skills have faster load times, and almost every other skills have instant load time but they have a bit of cooldown now which make it easier to fight now.. and some systems got revamped... mainly the magic formula and alchemy formula.. several new skillsets including the latest Chain Slash.

Also... everyone is a fashionogi now.. yes, that is true but with the way game is going, there’s kinda... no reason to not get yourself at least one set of clothes you would enjoy wearing and such.. but from my experience, I do see bit less elves running around, especially since the giants got revamp few times so some people resorted to making a new giant main.
    ClegunnaGretaImaizumi
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah that elf comment isn't exactly accurate. Mainly see humans running around. Have to have that "game breaking" fh. ;)
    ZeoClegunnaGreta
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 10, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Must go to Play Mabi!

26072599_140105360009573_5386092660828143616_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY4NzMyNDkwNjg0MjUzNDMzMw%3D%3D.2

sorry couldn't resist. Well I hope you get all the points of views you need. I'ma go now. Welcome back if you decide to return

• CrimsọnCrimsọn

Must go to Play Mabi!

26072599_140105360009573_5386092660828143616_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY4NzMyNDkwNjg0MjUzNDMzMw%3D%3D.2

sorry couldn't resist. Well I hope you get all the points of views you need. I'ma go now. Welcome back if you decide to return

You do not know the way. :D
  • ClegunnaClegunna
    Zeo wrote: »
    Like most people said, it would be better to try the game out and see it for yourself...

But that one post where someone think the game isn’t different compared to the G8-G9... lol what, you are kidding me, right? G8-G9 is literally back in like 2010 so of course, the system and such would be very different due to the combat system being revamped back in G16 where magic skills have faster load times, and almost every other skills have instant load time but they have a bit of cooldown now which make it easier to fight now.. and some systems got revamped... mainly the magic formula and alchemy formula.. several new skillsets including the latest Chain Slash.

Also... everyone is a fashionogi now.. yes, that is true but with the way game is going, there’s kinda... no reason to not get yourself at least one set of clothes you would enjoy wearing and such.. but from my experience, I do see bit less elves running around, especially since the giants got revamp few times so some people resorted to making a new giant main.

thats the kind of info i was looking for a simple quick list of new features thank you very much
  • ClegunnaClegunna

not really im doing mutiple other things right now this kind of my background thing. way different than making a whole new char and starting a tutorial process just to get rid of it. just saying
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

not really im doing mutiple other things right now this kind of my background thing. way different than making a whole new char and starting a tutorial process just to get rid of it. just saying

I don't think anyone should start over. Just continue where you left off. One of the really cool things about mabinogi is that you can master every skill in the game eventually. All the skills within the game offer increases to your stats. So if you already have a character started that has progress you should continue with that character until they are completely mastered.

That alone is something to strive for in my opinion. :)
    ClegunnaPip-BoyGoldtiger01
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 11, 2018

Must go to Play Mabi!

Not this meme again. It's not even that funny smh. This nonsense literally was flooded in latest stream chat, thanks to Kat. /rolleyes

Also Nkeona said "somebody touched my spaghet" right before stream ended. Lmao. Half of stream turned into memes.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »

Must go to Play Mabi!

Not this meme again. It's not even that funny smh. This nonsense literally was flooded in latest stream chat, thanks to Kat. /rolleyes

Also Nkeona said "somebody touched my spaghet" right before stream ended. Lmao. Half of stream turned into memes.

The meme is just retarded and everywhere literally. Any site i use its there.
    Not to mention that Vr chat used to have about 3-5k players now its at like 30k and its just people. Doing this meme.
    Its not even remotely funny, sure out of context it make look funny but the reality is it turned a good social game into meme fest.
    A meme fest that slows your pc or crashes the game.
    Its just abuse.
    Greta