Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Worth getting back into?

Comments

• ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited January 11, 2018
    Posts have been merged. Do not multipost!
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah that elf comment isn't exactly accurate. Mainly see humans running around. Have to have that "game breaking" fh. ;)

Hey just because I came back and destroyed a good handful of those crappy cone eared sand turds who laugh like an electrocuted hamster, doesn’t mean that they are no longer out there breeding and multiplying beneath the sands of Filia while we are distracted by the black dragon.

They’ll be back. And before you know it, one of them will be humping your leg. Mark my words @Gaea , we need another great purge. We have to finish the job and wipe out all the elves this time! >;(
    Clegunna wrote: »
    not really im doing mutiple other things right now this kind of my background thing. way different than making a whole new char and starting a tutorial process just to get rid of it. just saying

Please let me help you, since Arjune and Gaea seem to have forgotten how to speak to people outside of these forums with manners.

This will help you decide once and for all.

For me with every game that’s great and fun, there are people in it who make it great and fun and exciting, the ones who you login to play with and to talk to, it’s the community really, but the Mabinogi community is a great shadow of its former self. People rarely do anything together or do anything at all.

Another thing is how consistently the game updates. Mabinogi can go for a year or two without any update, leaving people there to rot and letting the game stale.

What kept me in another game for so long was my clan and the amazing people I have gathered. I keep things interesting for them and they keep things interesting for me, the second thing is the community, oh man the community is just so wonderful and hilarious, it reminded me of Mabinogi when it was at its prime.

But basically it has a lot to do with people and who you can play with once you are done with the content at the end of the day and whether or not the game is still challenging or if it can offer up anymore surprises in its stories or lore.

You are better off playing something that you can make a lot of friends in, like VRChat for example or you can join me on Warframe and I can introduce you to the clan of 1000 people and many of my dear friends whom I made along the way from many other games including Mabinogi.

So you need to ask yourself and perhaps ask this community this question.

Does this community still have a community and are there people who you can form a friendship with that keeps you coming back for more?

ClegunnaLuminarsPaxseko
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited January 11, 2018
    I asked this question a few months ago and got the whole "Just play it" but I have data caps, and downloading a game eats A LOT of that cap. I'll give you my experience, minus general forums salt.

Echostones: They're like greater rifts in diablo, and while the rng is cruel they let you get pretty powerful and there's no cash shop involved with it either. I really like it, and have grinded it a lot since coming back.

Chain slash talent: The main reason I came back, I went really hard into this update and have loved the way the skills feel and play out.

There's a lot more too, while yes mabi is still pretty much the "same" there's a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of really amazing systems to help catch you up.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

I think you have wasted enough time in the forums. :)

Must go to Play Mabi!

26072599_140105360009573_5386092660828143616_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY4NzMyNDkwNjg0MjUzNDMzMw%3D%3D.2

sorry couldn't resist. Well I hope you get all the points of views you need. I'ma go now. Welcome back if you decide to return

Not this meme again. It's not even that funny smh. This nonsense literally was flooded in latest stream chat, thanks to Kat. /rolleyes

Also Nkeona said "somebody touched my spaghet" right before stream ended. Lmao. Half of stream turned into memes.

The meme is just retarded and everywhere literally. Any site i use its there.
    Not to mention that Vr chat used to have about 3-5k players now its at like 30k and its just people. Doing this meme.
    Its not even remotely funny, sure out of context it make look funny but the reality is it turned a good social game into meme fest.
    A meme fest that slows your pc or crashes the game.
    Its just abuse.

Lol. A good social game? Maybe if you're into cybering with one of the other 200 mostly nude generic anime girls. From my experience, and from what I've seen on streams the only interesting parts of it are the memes, the rest is ERP or very closed off tight-nit social circles. It's basically Second life VR.

EDIT: I would like to mention them forcing the meme on stream seemed very unprofessional and rather tasteless. Yes mentioning it once can be funny, but it reminds me of the whole ardent censor thing @ League of legends championships. TLDW, Item called ardent censor was too strong, teams made jokes on twitter, shout casters wouldn't shut up about it. Seriously someone made a video that is just clips of all the times they said ardent censor and it's like 12 mins long.
    ZarozianGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited January 12, 2018
    Zarozian wrote: »
    Yeah that elf comment isn't exactly accurate. Mainly see humans running around. Have to have that "game breaking" fh. ;)

Hey just because I came back and destroyed a good handful of those crappy cone eared sand turds who laugh like an electrocuted hamster, doesn’t mean that they are no longer out there breeding and multiplying beneath the sands of Filia while we are distracted by the black dragon.

They’ll be back. And before you know it, one of them will be humping your leg. Mark my words @Gaea , we need another great purge. We have to finish the job and wipe out all the elves this time! >;(

Smh...

55cdf4ed7e045579dd5e69da17a80dee035c0977d929c713e3a69ab6519cea16.jpg
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 11, 2018
    not really im doing mutiple other things right now this kind of my background thing. way different than making a whole new char and starting a tutorial process just to get rid of it. just saying

HAHAHA!!!! oh... ohh thanks for that laugh so early in the morning. for one thing he isn't outside the forums. THIS IS THE FORUMS. and you're the LAST person that needs to be talking about manners considering you've been banned from these forums an excessive amount of times and you keep slithering back like a slime

thats the kind of info i was looking for a simple quick list of new features thank you very much

I did kinda give you similar info on like my 3rd post in the thread :| Believe me you won't be deleting the game "10 minutes later" unless you have the attention span of dirt

You will definitely want to use the Mabi wiki while playing Mabinogi, because not a lot of info is heavily explained in game. Wiki will help you figure out what to do in certain quests faster and how to upgrade your weapons and other things easier

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 11, 2018
    Sometimes i get a feeling that such threads are being created by same person just to troll others. It's weird how such questions are getting more and more common lately. Of course everyone will have different opinions, so hearing them out will mostly be inaccurate and since OP claims that they played Mabinogi back in 2010, then it means there's A LOT of stuff to see for them, because the game got plenty of changes and new content after about 7-8 years.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sometimes i get a feeling that such threads are being created by same person just to troll others. It's weird how such questions are getting more and more common lately. Of course everyone will have different opinions, so hearing them out will mostly be inaccurate and since OP claims that they played Mabinogi back in 2010, then it means there's A LOT of stuff to see for them, because the game got plenty of changes and new content after about 7-8 years.

We should have a post stickied by a mod that has the dates of content releases with a link to the update/patch notes. For example

Sidhe Echostones: *insert date released here**Insert link to update page here*

and have the list go in order, and when we get updates that list gets updated too. That way these threads might decrease.
    Veylaine
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I think U guyz prolly scared off da poor fellow. :s

My 2 cents. Yes if U liek loaded contents. No if Ur looking 4 uber active player base.(till a server merge happens anyways~)
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170

are you and nonskiller still out there being trolls?
    Nonskiller
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    We should have a post stickied by a mod that has the dates of content releases with a link to the update/patch notes. For example

and have the list go in order, and when we get updates that list gets updated too. That way these threads might decrease.
    That'd actually be very helpful.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I asked this question a few months ago and got the whole "Just play it" but I have data caps, and downloading a game eats A LOT of that cap. I'll give you my experience, minus general forums salt.

Echostones: They're like greater rifts in diablo, and while the rng is cruel they let you get pretty powerful and there's no cash shop involved with it either. I really like it, and have grinded it a lot since coming back.

Chain slash talent: The main reason I came back, I went really hard into this update and have loved the way the skills feel and play out.

There's a lot more too, while yes mabi is still pretty much the "same" there's a lot of stuff to do, and a lot of really amazing systems to help catch you up.
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

I think you have wasted enough time in the forums. :)

Must go to Play Mabi!

26072599_140105360009573_5386092660828143616_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY4NzMyNDkwNjg0MjUzNDMzMw%3D%3D.2

sorry couldn't resist. Well I hope you get all the points of views you need. I'ma go now. Welcome back if you decide to return

Not this meme again. It's not even that funny smh. This nonsense literally was flooded in latest stream chat, thanks to Kat. /rolleyes

Also Nkeona said "somebody touched my spaghet" right before stream ended. Lmao. Half of stream turned into memes.

The meme is just retarded and everywhere literally. Any site i use its there.
    Not to mention that Vr chat used to have about 3-5k players now its at like 30k and its just people. Doing this meme.
    Its not even remotely funny, sure out of context it make look funny but the reality is it turned a good social game into meme fest.
    A meme fest that slows your pc or crashes the game.
    Its just abuse.

Lol. A good social game? Maybe if you're into cybering with one of the other 200 mostly nude generic anime girls. From my experience, and from what I've seen on streams the only interesting parts of it are the memes, the rest is ERP or very closed off tight-nit social circles. It's basically Second life VR.

EDIT: I would like to mention them forcing the meme on stream seemed very unprofessional and rather tasteless. Yes mentioning it once can be funny, but it reminds me of the whole ardent censor thing @ League of legends championships. TLDW, Item called ardent censor was too strong, teams made jokes on twitter, shout casters wouldn't shut up about it. Seriously someone made a video that is just clips of all the times they said ardent censor and it's like 12 mins long.

I played back when there were only 300 people playing.
    The game was basically a learning experience into how video game models are made and optimized for gameplay.
    You can literally do almost anything with your avatars and animate them in anyway you want (Not that you should ERP in a public world)
    It was a great game and was really fun an interesting to me. But then the whole youtuber/streamer thing killed the game.
    Filling it with people that you just run up and try to grab your chest or act like jerks to begin with.
    Now we got this meme wave of 30k people trying to be funny when it really isnt.
    It's just sad to look at now.
    ClegunnaUnisex
  • ClegunnaClegunna
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    I seriously appreciate all the helpful answers instead of the "just play it" thank you guys very much
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Trythis wrote: »

Sometimes. :)
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

Until that happens. I'll just leave this here. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Patches

Hey, it's helpful! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 12, 2018
    Posts have been merged. Do not multipost!

Please let me help you, since Arjune and Gaea seem to have forgotten how to speak to people outside of these forums with manners.

This will help you decide once and for all.

For me with every game that’s great and fun, there are people in it who make it great and fun and exciting, the ones who you login to play with and to talk to, it’s the community really, but the Mabinogi community is a great shadow of its former self. People rarely do anything together or do anything at all.

Another thing is how consistently the game updates. Mabinogi can go for a year or two without any update, leaving people there to rot and letting the game stale.

What kept me in another game for so long was my clan and the amazing people I have gathered. I keep things interesting for them and they keep things interesting for me, the second thing is the community, oh man the community is just so wonderful and hilarious, it reminded me of Mabinogi when it was at its prime.

But basically it has a lot to do with people and who you can play with once you are done with the content at the end of the day and whether or not the game is still challenging or if it can offer up anymore surprises in its stories or lore.

You are better off playing something that you can make a lot of friends in, like VRChat for example or you can join me on Warframe and I can introduce you to the clan of 1000 people and many of my dear friends whom I made along the way from many other games including Mabinogi.

So you need to ask yourself and perhaps ask this community this question.

Does this community still have a community and are there people who you can form a friendship with that keeps you coming back for more?

So you're going to edit your comment and try and make me look like a douche bag even with this previous comment of mine? http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/78168/#Comment_78168 You're the one who looks like a pompous ass. You're just mad because I don't chat enough in your little channel with all you warframers. Perhaps I should leave your collection again. :|

And don't lump in me in with that scrub. =P

• ClegunnaClegunna
    Mabinogi Rep: 320
    on side note anybody still play maple story lol not that i actually have an interest in it just more of curiosity and Greta i was not trying troll this was like my very first rpg that i truly enjoyed i just wondering if had gotten trash instead of improving. I played mostly as a solo player anyway so i dont care for the number of people active i was more so concerned about server speed and features
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    well this thread escalated quickly, does anyone want my opinion?! :D

no its not worth getting into, the content we get is basically just in gachas and many players in this game are somehow anti social now.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 12, 2018

don't lump in me in with that scrub.

@Arjune

Dem fighting words. When was dis jimmy rustled? :o
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Rhey wrote: »

don't lump in me in with that scrub.

@Arjune

Dem fighting words. When was dis jimmy rustled? :o

I dunno... probably the last time she had an argument with me like she does other people on here. We disagreed a few times and now I'm a 'scrub' lol. -shrug- I don't care
    GretaRhey
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I left Mabinogi for a long time to focus on school and came back about a year ago. I have to say I was never a very sociable person, mainly solo. I would say that the game is definitely worth getting back into; I've been having fun and can't seem to leave xD

Ah. Then again, if it was the sociable aspect of the game that you enjoyed, I'm not too sure. There are definitely a lot less people than before, so it may not be as group friendly as it once was.
  • NonskillerNonskiller
    Mabinogi Rep: 305
    Trythis wrote: »

Hey, why are you talking behind my back. I'll find you when you're eating breakfast down the street.
    Trythis