Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Why do people constantly insist that mabi is dying

Comments

• UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Since the chain blade update there have been time where the game literally tells me im not allowed to enter ch1.
    Also for the past like three weeks I can rarely finding any shop spaces that are open.

The game is totally dead.

Weather and Climate are two different things.
    Just because it rains doesn't mean it stops being a desert.

• ScarlyScarly
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Speaking from the perspective of a relatively new player (lol, I started two or three weeks ago), it doesn't seem dead to me. As far as "dying" goes, I think that everything is always dying, a little bit at a time, so maybe that's not a helpful way to think of things.

Hasn't this game been around for more than a decade? Probably, there's going to be some ups and downs during that time, and the mmo market has only become more competitive since back when Mabi was first created. It isn't saying much to say that less people are online now as compared to a decade ago. A better question would be how the experience is for newer players.

I'll just say that I felt like it was time for something different, so I went looking for cute mmos to play. I haven't played an mmo since WoW, so I had no idea what was out there. Well. I tried nearly all of the top rated mmos that looked sorta cute. I didn't like any of them, even though a lot of them were more active than Mabi. I stayed away from Mabi initially due to how old the game was, but finally I was like, "Ah, what the heck!" Sooo, I installed and started it up. After the (sometimes painful) initial tutorial, I really have enjoyed it, and I've even made a few friends in the game despite the fact that I'm antisocial af (I am... Cripplingly shy. Most of the time.).

So, I started playing and am bringing more players into the game by word of mouth.
    Unisex wrote: »
    Since the chain blade update there have been time where the game literally tells me im not allowed to enter ch1.
    Also for the past like three weeks I can rarely finding any shop spaces that are open.

That's true, but even if Mabi is a desert, that doesn't mean that it's inhospitable. Lots of plants and animals thrive in deserts and other similar environments. In fact, for some of them, only places like a desert can be home. :0

Also, if anyone replies to this and says anything like this - "aww, cute little newbie filled with optimism. I'm a hardened player with one million hours logged and I eat the chest hair of my enemies for breakfast... Blah blah... Give it time... Blah blah... Chest hair for breakfast with no milk" - if anyone says that, then I'll never forgive you. Haha, if you're still logging in then you're evidence that the game isn't dead, so there. :0
    [Deleted User]Radiant DawnPolicroma
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Scarly wrote: »
    Speaking from the perspective of a relatively new player (lol, I started two or three weeks ago), it doesn't seem dead to me. As far as "dying" goes, I think that everything is always dying, a little bit at a time, so maybe that's not a helpful way to think of things.

Hasn't this game been around for more than a decade? Probably, there's going to be some ups and downs during that time, and the mmo market has only become more competitive since back when Mabi was first created. It isn't saying much to say that less people are online now as compared to a decade ago. A better question would be how the experience is for newer players.

I'll just say that I felt like it was time for something different, so I went looking for cute mmos to play. I haven't played an mmo since WoW, so I had no idea what was out there. Well. I tried nearly all of the top rated mmos that looked sorta cute. I didn't like any of them, even though a lot of them were more active than Mabi. I stayed away from Mabi initially due to how old the game was, but finally I was like, "Ah, what the heck!" Sooo, I installed and started it up. After the (sometimes painful) initial tutorial, I really have enjoyed it, and I've even made a few friends in the game despite the fact that I'm antisocial af (I am... Cripplingly shy. Most of the time.).

So, I started playing and am bringing more players into the game by word of mouth.
    Unisex wrote: »

That's true, but even if Mabi is a desert, that doesn't mean that it's inhospitable. Lots of plants and animals thrive in deserts and other similar environments. In fact, for some of them, only places like a desert can be home. :0

Also, if anyone replies to this and says anything like this - "aww, cute little newbie filled with optimism. I'm a hardened player with one million hours logged and I eat the chest hair of my enemies for breakfast... Blah blah... Give it time... Blah blah... Chest hair for breakfast with no milk" - if anyone says that, then I'll never forgive you. Haha, if you're still logging in then you're evidence that the game isn't dead, so there. :0

you dont know this but the game has nothing to offer after you beaten the story, you do not need a powerful weapon to be powerful and fashion is lock behind gotcha. if you were to not play the storyline, you will see the same problems.
  • CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Hmm.... People still like to point finger and blame any thing that could cause mabinogi dying. Lately I been not spending much time on mabinogi and not spending much time on mabinogi forum. Just when I came back to check up on thing. I did saw some good update add into the game. Still find the player base or what they do in game. Are still pretty much the same. Old player have less reason to play and have some thing more important to do. New player don't want to do long grinding and also it is boring. Well mabinogi fan will be just fans of the game. I was one those mabinogi fan. Into I throw away my mabinogi fandom feeling. Just to find out.... What it mean to play better game then mabinogi. If you one of those user been playing mabinogi more then 3 to 6 years now. Of course you will be bored. The...
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 11, 2018
    wrote: »
    Hmm.... People still like to point finger and blame any thing that could cause mabinogi dying. Lately I been not spending much time on mabinogi and not spending much time on mabinogi forum. Just when I came back to check up on thing. I did saw some good update add into the game. Still find the player base or what they do in game. Are still pretty much the same. Old player have less reason to play and have some thing more important to do. New player don't want to do long grinding and also it is boring. Well mabinogi fan will be just fans of the game. I was one those mabinogi fan. Into I throw away my mabinogi fandom feeling. Just to find out.... What it mean to play better game then mabinogi. If you one of those user been playing mabinogi more then 3 to 6 years now. Of course you will be bored. The...
    I didn't know your forum name was allowed lol
  • CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Veylaine wrote: »

I been having this name more then a 3 year now. My avatar suppose to be a mushroom in mabinogi original old forum.
    VeylaineSherri
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    watercat0 wrote: »

bots dont count

Except for theres was only one bot shop and it was empty.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy

What's the actual server capacity like though? Doesn't make sense to run more servers than is needed on average so in low population games you'll often see channels reaching capacity during events because the server capacity was low to begin with.

There aren't that many spots Belvast so it's not that difficult to fill up at all especially during the holidays.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Pip-Boy
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    If we throw everyone together from all four servers into one server, ...everyone will be crying about lag and not being able to log in (because the server is full), on the forum. People will piss and moan because Ancients are impossible to find without having .."at least 28 channels like we have now"... ~ You know it. ~ We all know it. ~ Nexon knows it. ~ ! ! ~ Some people want the game to die (I certainly don't) ..., they also want you and me to die and their family to die and their neighbors to die, because they have serious issues and don't belong unsupervised. :trollface:

[Deleted User]
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Pip-Boy
    If we throw everyone together from all four servers into one server, ...everyone will be crying about lag and not being able to log in (because the server is full), on the forum. People will piss and moan because Ancients are impossible to find without having .."at least 28 channels like we have now"... ~ You know it. ~ We all know it. ~ Nexon knows it. ~ ! ! ~ Some people want the game to die (I certainly don't) ..., they also want you and me to die and their family to die and their neighbors to die, because they have serious issues and don't belong unsupervised. :trollface:

That doesn't answer the question at all.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Pip-Boy the actual servers capacity I have no idea, but its for the doesnt make sense to have this many servers bit
    Granted rurai and tarlach are kind of small compared to the other two
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Pip-Boy the actual servers capacity I have no idea, but its for the doesnt make sense to have this many servers bit

Servers=/=channels. Channels is how a developer divvies up their servers. The issue with Belvast is a spacial issue rather than one with server capacity. Adding more channels or increasing server capacity would not help since people would go to the highest traffic channel for convenience. Nexon would need to add more shop spaces to fix the issue.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Pip-Boy then you have address the servers individually, theres a difference but I think alexina is fine
    Long story short though we cant give you answers because we arent the ones with the numbers so we can probably just speculate.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    @Pip-Boy then you have address the servers individually, theres a difference but I think alexina is fine

Still doesn't answer the question as to the capacity of each server.
  • TrythisTrythis
    @Pip-Boy but if it is about each individual servers capacity then chs do matter
  • UnisexUnisex
    Scarly wrote: »

I dont think the game is "dead", in the literal sense, but judging a servers population by a few hot weeks, isnt being realistic. But I dont know why Im saying this to you, youre just a cute little newbie, trying to be optimistic. ' v'
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Unisex theres a whole a lot to be debated about here, but besides the main topic yes they did assume someone would call them that but you're not helping the stereotype of higher leveled players being cheeky and/or condescending like you just did by responding like that.

[Deleted User]
  • UnisexUnisex
    @Unisex theres a whole a lot to be debated about here, but besides the main topic yes they did assume someone would call them that but you're not helping the stereotype of higher leveled players being cheeky like you just did by responding like that.

I think its pretty obvious I wasnt serious. I dont even know what their level is, and I doubt anyone knows mine.

@Unisex ~ I think what they said was very realistic and well put. The perspective of a new player shouldn't be torn by the dreams of a used up veteran, .. and I say that as a veteran among veterans. ~ You can't (or rather you shouldn't) judge the future of the game on its past. ~ It's not as though we know when life as we know it will be over. :smirk: Don't Click Here! :trollface:

Im not saying the game has to be compared to its population back in 09'. But again 3weeks of a server looking more alive isnt exactly something to brag about, no matter how much you love the game. On Tarlach, I saw Ch1 busy. A very pleasing thing to see. But Im not going to pretend thats a sign the population is on par with Alexina because of it. Ive said countless times on the old forums new people will have a blast with this game, and how I keep going back to it. Still doesnt change the fact, not comparing it to ANYTHING else, the population feels sparse at best.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

I been having this name more then a 3 year now. My avatar suppose to be a mushroom in mabinogi original old forum.

Fun pointer.

The name is allowed, but the forum has a filter, so when you quote his name, the name is hidden from the quote.
    [Deleted User]VeylaineSherri
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited January 11, 2018
    @Unisex I know it wasn't serious, but no matter the intent we don't know how others especially newer players would think when they see that some will get it some won,t, I'm speaking from personal experience so take it with a grain of salt, but I had quite of new players be unwilling to ask for help because of the stigma from statements like that. Sorry about the tone policing, its just a personal pet peeve of mine when I see elist tendencies even if they're jokes.
    Unisex
This discussion has been closed.