Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on New Baltane Missions/Baltane Elites

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
How's everyone feeling about the recent additions?

I like these two missions the most of all of them, so far.
They both feel a lot more... involved.

At the very least they involve a whole lot less standing around in one area and feel a lot more active.

I think I like Counterattack more than Siege Weapon, if only because of the neat team combination bonuses each of the squires can activate.
My favorite is:
cbf3ac2ac8.png

Talking to Elsie about Dai:
574043ed1c.png

Bringing up Elsie with Dai:
44df1c34d3.png
7dd9da3392.png

Also like Elsie's line when she joins you at the Boss:
7bc869ae66.png

Siege Weapon has some of the rescued Support Unit Members saying some funny lines before they run off to join the fight.
4549160fa4.png

So what do y'all think about the new missions, and about their new Elite difficulty.
Kokoro[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Comments

• KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I haven't had a chance to try them yet but I'm definitely excited to give them a go when I get home from work.

I'm curious about the drop rates of the Divine weapons and if they come with random stat rolls or even any stat boosts at all and are just at their base values. Also the Divine Tribolt isn't showcased in the teaser site but I'm hoping that it also drops from the elite missions.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    with the 3x exp crystal I got from level 50 to 137 in 30 mins, I'd say that's pretty nice.
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    What we need is a new potential cap raise 2 accommodate these Lvls dat be over-spilling over here.
    lvl 150+/wk used to be a pipe-dreams 4 the non-elites. Now U can achieve it in less than a few hr.

G01Ye.gif
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Rhey wrote: »
    What we need is a new potential cap raise 2 accommodate these Lvls dat be over-spilling over here.
    lvl 150+/wk used to be a pipe-dreams 4 the non-elites. Now U can achieve it in less than a few hr.

G01Ye.gif

I kinda wish the northern lights set had a set effect, maybe an exp boost. It seems fitting in my mind. What would be over 3k though? Just a free rb pot every 200-500 levels? I think even that would be okay.
    WolfandWolfBlissfulkillpawcalypse
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

G01Ye.gif

I kinda wish the northern lights set had a set effect, maybe an exp boost. It seems fitting in my mind. What would be over 3k though? Just a free rb pot every 200-500 levels? I think even that would be okay.

Titles/Outfits/(1)free Eweca Orb every now and then/Etc. :o

The sky's the limit. :*
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

G01Ye.gif

That, or maybe just restart the reward list and have you go through it again if you want? I don't think I would mind that, and I can't imagine it would be terribly hard to edit that into the system. Although it would mean that we'd potentially become gods with the stat point increase....so uh....

Maybe have a post 3,000 point reward list. One that awards you with Nao soul stones, Artisan upgrade removals, trade unlock pots, unlimited passes, lucky upgrade stones, and other stuff that we usually get from events often. It can't hurt to have a little prize, would it? Maybe even have rare materials.
    Rhey
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited January 11, 2018
    The experience gain is crazy with the experience boosters available. I did manage to get one of the exclusive enchants on my second run so there's that (dropped from the boss, a crystal bear I think it was).
    00f3d8fa9a.png
    KokoroVeylainepawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I managed to do them, but I still have no idea how it works lmao Counterattack is to kill the boss before all your squires are killed? Dai (the last standing squire) died when I was fighting the boss, but somehow I still managed to complete the mission. The squires die really quick so I guess you have to hope you will encounter the boss asap.

Also the siege I guess just punch all orbs till you complete it? I have no idea what's the warp function for.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Siege confused me at first but I got it in the end.

Counterattack.... Let's just say that right now I HATE it. I mean, how in the world can ya keep at least one squire alive long enough to get to the boss? And y are the squires suddenly so stupidly weak?

so yeah frustrated with Counterattack (even more so becuz Nx pulled a Nx and now blackCipher won't stay on the CPU I set its affinity to).
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited January 11, 2018
    ShouK wrote: »
    I managed to do them, but I still have no idea how it works lmao Counterattack is to kill the boss before all your squires are killed? Dai (the last standing squire) died when I was fighting the boss, but somehow I still managed to complete the mission. The squires die really quick so I guess you have to hope you will encounter the boss asap.

Also the siege I guess just punch all orbs till you complete it? I have no idea what's the warp function for.

Siege requires 2 things
    1. You need to clear all 4 orbs around the Girgashiy three times.
    2. You need to rescue all 10 of the trapped Baltane Support Unit members.

You can go for the Girgashiy orbs first, but it's usually better to free the trapped members first, since doing that will spawn them in the area where the squires are fighting, to take some of the heat off of them, since the mission fails if they all die.

Plus, if you free all 10 support members, the squires join you to help with the Girg orbs.

----

Counterattack is basically what it is.
    Go through room after room killing monsters until you arrive in the room the boss is in.
    I wouldn't bother helping your squires since they tend to take a ton of damage when you're around.
    When they're on their own, the HP bars on the left tick down at a steady but rather slow rate.
    You just keep going until either you stumble upon the room that has the boss, or one of your squire groups do. In which case you should join them, because they'll never be able to defeat the boss if you don't go. (the bar will stay at almost empty, indicating that only the boss is left)
    Also, you can try to put squires in combinations that help them.
    Ones I've found so far are:
    Logan + Anyone = Logan's partner gets fully healed after every room they cleared by themselves.
    Dai + Kaour = HP+++, Attack-
    Dai + Kanna = Attack+++, HP-
    Dai + Elsie = Elsie Attack+++, Dai HP-
    Eirlys + Kaour = Attack+
    Eirlys + Kanna = Kanna HP+, Eirlys Attack+

Not every squire combination has a bonus (Kanna + Elsie = No Bonus, for example)
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited January 11, 2018
    Counterattack was probably the most annoying just because I feel like you have the least control. I managed to finish with two teams alive by just pushing forward as fast as possible lol

For seige I wasn't clear on whether you Had to rescue all the soldiers before fighting the boss so I did just in case. At the end, when the squires show up to help you, I just got them stuck behind the log area on the north west by the water (I think it's north west; there was a captured soldier there). That way they didn't go and die because on elite they seem super weak.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    I really didn't notice the squires dying quickly during Counterattack.
    I didn't experience ANY squires dying until I went into Elite, and that was Logan/Elsie ending up with Logan dying right before I found the boss.
    Then the second time was when I was playing silly and joining squires instead of fighting on my own.
    Kanna hit a Boar's Counterattack really hard lmao.

Also wow, I have got to try getting the squires trapped up in the waterfall corner.
    Not really to keep them safe but...
    During the Girg orbs, Kaour killed something and it dropped an Elite Siege pass and I couldn't pick it up. :cry:
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    How rare are the passes? I can get from 1-120 in about 40 minutes through saga episode 4 finale with no boosters. If the passes are a pain to get then it's not worth it for me.
    Maia wrote: »
    The experience gain is crazy with the experience boosters available. I did manage to get one of the exclusive enchants on my second run so there's that (dropped from the boss, a crystal bear I think it was).
    00f3d8fa9a.png

Nice. What equipment piece is that for?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    I found way too many passes so far.
    Counterattack and Siege seem to have the most volume of enemies that can drop them.
    I found like 3~7 passes for each mission, today lmao.

Also found another reason Counterattack is nice.
    Those Sneaky Disciples of Prophets drop some nice stuff.
    Earlier one dropped a Gold Alban Knights Coin.
    Then some others dropped red or blue upgrade stones.
    Then sometime later:
    a9a7083465.png

Drops with 1 dura and monster-drop-item stats
    1aa5ad5e6c.png

And that was in BASIC difficulty!
    courtneyyKokoroHellkaizerpawcalypseRadiant DawnLammerPolicroma
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I found way too many passes so far.
    Counterattack and Siege seem to have the most volume of enemies that can drop them.
    I found like 3~7 passes for each mission, today lmao.

Also found another reason Counterattack is nice.
    Those Sneaky Disciples of Prophets drop some nice stuff.
    Earlier one dropped a Gold Alban Knights Coin.
    Then some others dropped red or blue upgrade stones.
    Then sometime later:
    a9a7083465.png

Drops with 1 dura and monster-drop-item stats
    1aa5ad5e6c.png

And that was in BASIC difficulty!

Oh wow, they’re still in basic grade but I do wonder if you can synth three of those drops to get one that may have a better roll? lol
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited January 12, 2018
    whose idea is it to make Round table mission further harder than it already is?

oh btw
    Elite Shadow Mission reward NOW INCLUDE Elite Baltane Mission Pass

best pairing i can came up with in Counterattack:
    - Kanna Eirlys *i forgot*
    - Logan Elsie Elsie got Healed every turn
    - Dai Kaour Increase HP but decrease Attack
    -
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Counterattack is kind of painful on Elite but yeah those Sneaky Disciples give great rewards if you manage to find one. Gold Alban Knights Coins are good and they also give a lot of Alban AP Seals too.

Also try to kill the enemies as quickly as possible in the very first part. Elsie died on me and so she wasn't selectable when Shuan asks you to pair up the squires leaving one squire on a team by themselves.

Is the squires' survival dependant on how well we trained their stats by any chance? I have Kanna, Dai and Kaour on my squad and they seem to always be the last survivors whenever I try Counterattack.
  • bAistrObAistrO
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Kokoro wrote: »
    Counterattack is kind of painful on Elite but yeah those Sneaky Disciples give great rewards if you manage to find one. Gold Alban Knights Coins are good and they also give a lot of Alban AP Seals too.

Also try to kill the enemies as quickly as possible in the very first part. Elsie died on me and so she wasn't selectable when Shuan asks you to pair up the squires leaving one squire on a team by themselves.

Is the squires' survival dependant on how well we trained their stats by any chance? I have Kanna, Dai and Kaour on my squad and they seem to always be the last survivors whenever I try Counterattack.

So far, I've only gotten 50/100 advanced baltane seals from Sneaky Disciples.. I hope I get something from them soon.

I believe the members survival depends on their trained stats. Because just like you, my girls always seems to survive longer than those that are not from my squad.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Returning to mabi at a time like this; where I'm way behind with squires; is painful.

I can do a lot in the missions but the squires are basically invalids. How frustrating.
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.