Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Barrier Spikes in Round Table mission

NearlyNearly
Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
in Feedback and Suggestions
I really don't know why but the targeting on the barrier spikes to get to the Round Table always seems so wonky. I can only ever seem to actually target two of the spikes and when I do I usually just end up standing right in front of them and not attacking. If I load a skill such as Smash, i'm then stuck there for a good few seconds. I then have to cancel the skill, de-select the barrier as a target and then attempt to target it again.

I've failed the mission numerous times simply because of being unable to properly attack those darn barriers.
OverlordGod

Comments

• KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I've noticed this as well though I feel it is actually a feature implemented to stop you from targeting your own spikes during the wolf attack segment of the mission. Although I do think it is kind of annoying though I'd much rather it be like this than barrier spikes that are too easy to target and cause you to break them yourself.

I like to use Chain Sweep to get through the enemy barrier. It doesn't require individual targeting and blows up several barriers at once so no fiddly manoeuvring is required to squeeze in once the barrier is down.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    The annoying part is that the spikes in the defense part of the mission are much easier to target. Even ctrl target catches them at rare times, while almost nothing will help you if you're unlucky with targetting the ones when you're on the offensive.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    edited January 15, 2018
    For me after running many times through it, I found the middle spike on left (south if we go by the map) is very easy to target, as well as much easier to pass through once it is down.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I always target the left most spike. It seems easier somehow for the attack to actually be carried out. However, I do need to zoom in pretty far, because you have to properly click it in order for the attack to work.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I go far left click in between the spike walls for targeting.
    Then to go through the opening just move your camera to bird view, and click and hold to walk in between.