Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on New Baltane Missions/Baltane Elites

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

black bars ahoy
    I like using spider-mill for Siege.

The range is just too nice.

Gonna want explosion resistance if you're gonna be in close quarters, or else you'll get annoyed.
    Pip-BoyApollodorusRadiant Dawn
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Iyasenu wrote: »

black bars ahoy

Gonna want explosion resistance if you're gonna be in close quarters, or else you'll get annoyed.

now do it without R1 transformation
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 12, 2018
    watercat0 wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    video
    black bars ahoy

What, like with more than Windmill?
    You can do gunner, or chain blade, or ninja, but it's really not much more different.
    These mobs don't have that much HP, even on Elite.

I'm one-shotting these non-boss enemies many times over without reforges and just mid-tier enchants and a dream catcher, you can still deal with them just fine even if you were weaker.
    Remember, you have to be total 3k just to do Elite mode, which is plenty of time to have some form of dealing high damage.

Also, the Giant Gold Spider transformation isn't rank 1, it's rank 3.
    There's a rank 4 one that's got a big windmill hitbox called Chandelier Spider, but neither of those need rank 1.
    Pip-BoyBlissfulkillVeylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.

I haven't had any issue on any of the missions, minus not understanding how they work. I think NA players seem to forget that not all content is supposed to be beatable at any stage.

I crit 72k with impale with rank 7 support shot and self buffed with chain brst, death mark and r1 overture.

The fact that NPC's die like disabled children on a highway is definitely a problem.

Your assessment is inaccurate.

And I do 80k without support shot, your point? With things like barrier spikes, heal, shock, etc it's not hard to keep them alive... If you don't want to do those methods well... Do damage quicker and

latest?cb=20151014011236

Wow, rude man...

Just because someone is not fast enough and maybe they don't have reforges on their items, does not mean you can call them scrubs and tell them to "git gud". Not cool.

Also, lately i have noticed that potato servers are working again. I keep experiencing delay and weird teleportation lags, which clearly makes things worse
    Okay let me start off with this. I don't think I've ever seen gitgud used as an insult, more a jest. Second, they said they crit 72k with impale meaning they have more than enough damage to clear quickly, and are perhaps utilizing skills wrong or using a poor strategy. You know, people have said they appreciate your sarcasm or gritty replies but you can't tolerate any of it unless it comes from you.
    If I really did offend @Odinwolfe I'd apologize. There's no need getting offended for someone.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    ShouK wrote: »
    Just because someone is not fast enough and maybe they don't have reforges on their items, does not mean you can call them scrubs and tell them to "git gud". Not cool.
    You don’t even need reforges to do the new missions though.

i think greta was more so bringing up the idea kaizer may also be alluding to needing reforges to do good. which i agree that reforges are not needed. but that just stems into a problem that reforges have become a problem in the community to making people think they are NEEDED for todays content.

i would rather them tune content difficulty to basic capabilities and then people with reforges only simply have it easier. not base things off reforges first then lvl.

@kaizer.
    again no need to be rude and tell others to "Git gud"
    odinwolfe was right your assesment was inaccurate. my comment was mentioning that i had a feeling Nx just copys and pastes the content from KR that may be balanced to them because they play far more, had more time with mabi and are generally far more OP then us. so they balance the content with them in mind but then dont bother to adjust the values to properly accommodate us.

like people mentioned before the problem is the NPC's die far to fast that you pretty much have barely any wiggle room to do anything else. and no amount of healing or whatever can fix that. so again your comment was horribly unnecessary. and inaccurate.
    GretaZeoTheNyanCat
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    ShouK wrote: »
    You don’t even need reforges to do the new missions though.

i think greta was more so bringing up the idea kaizer may also be alluding to needing reforges to do good. which i agree that reforges are not needed. but that just stems into a problem that reforges have become a problem in the community to making people think they are NEEDED for todays content.

i would rather them tune content difficulty to basic capabilities and then people with reforges only simply have it easier. not base things off reforges first then lvl.

@kaizer.
    again no need to be rude and tell others to "Git gud"
    odinwolfe was right your assesment was inaccurate. my comment was mentioning that i had a feeling Nx just copys and pastes the content from KR that may be balanced to them because they play far more, had more time with mabi and are generally far more OP then us. so they balance the content with them in mind but then dont bother to adjust the values to properly accommodate us.

like people mentioned before the problem is the NPC's die far to fast that you pretty much have barely any wiggle room to do anything else. and no amount of healing or whatever can fix that. so again your comment was horribly unnecessary. and inaccurate.

Again, it was mostly a joke. And pray tell how is it inaccurate? I do the missions with next to no gear or reforges.

• TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    @Hellkaizer im only seeing 30k or 40k with no support shot, or was that I can do 80k without support part of the "joke" too.
    Kaga
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I can kill things just fine in any elite baltane mission, but the squires die too quickly, that is my beef.

Your assessment on my ability to complete the missions was inaccurate, for some reason the squires in my missions love attacking counterattack loaded enemies and killing themselves.
    Greta
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    I can kill things just fine in any elite baltane mission, but the squires die too quickly, that is my beef.

Your assessment on my ability to complete the missions was inaccurate, for some reason the squires in my missions love attacking counterattack loaded enemies and killing themselves.

oh how nice it would be if AI werent brain dead.....oh how wonderful it would be. ive had that happen before. and it drives me insane. i dont know whats worse.

Squires attacking enemies with counterattack active
    or
    Kat from halo reach deliberately driving you, her and who ever else in the warthog off a freakin cliff...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Hellkaizer im only seeing 30k or 40k with no support shot, or was that I can do 80k without support part of the "joke" too.

just jumping straight on that hate train without thinking nice. That 31k crit was with an un upgraded cardinal chain, with no gear and just a bfo/death mark. I had 817 max with the cardinal, and I have 1020 with gear on. That alone is a 200 max difference, and red 6 upgrade. I can't tell if you're trolling or not.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited January 13, 2018
    @Hellkaizer (((1020*8.5)*3.12)1.2)*1.33 = 43172
    8.5 = is impale multiplier ( 850% )
    3.12 = critical dmg with step 6
    1.2 = death mark boost
    1.33 = your bfo boost
    Ofc you werent wearing your gear but I doubt your falcon trans ( no gear ) beats your no trans ( with gear ) or at least they'd be similar unless you want add to my calculations im more than happy to get missing factors you didn't mention
    So again not seeing the 80k unless it was part of the joke

Also you were wanting someone else in a previous thread to show what thier stats were basically making them prove it

Screenshot yourself with 1400 dex please. You claim to have it, and also claim to understand more about the game than everyone else posting videos and proof that you're wrong, and the only thing you're coming back with is "you just don't understand"

OdinwolfeGreta
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited January 13, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Hellkaizer (((1020*8.5)*3.12)1.2)*1.33 = 43172
    8.5 = is impale multiplier ( 850% )
    3.12 = critical dmg with step 6
    1.2 = death mark boost
    1.33 = your bfo boost
    Ofc you werent wearing your gear but I doubt your falcon trans ( no gear ) beats your no trans ( with gear ) or at least they'd be similar unless you want add to my calculations im more than happy get missing factors you didn't mention
    So again not seeing the 80k unless it was part of the joke

Also you were wanting someone else in a previous thread to show what thier stats were basically making them prove it

Yes when you make a claim the burden of proof is on you.

Falcon gives me 855 max no gear.

Things you're missing, chain burst's 30% increase Catering, Divine link, 47% bfo instead of 33%.

First pic is no bone chip or support shot, second is support shot and bone chip.

mabinogi_2018_01_14_004.jpg

mabinogi_2018_01_14_005.jpg
    Trythis
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited January 13, 2018
    Very well, I was using your bfo from the video you shared anyways cheers
    Hellkaizer
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited January 14, 2018
    lol anyway, back on topic. I was running counterattack elite and almost instantly, before splitting up, three of my squires were dead. Must have been smash critted the moment the mission started. I don't know how I managed to finish the mission but I did. Relying on NPC's to stay alive in this game is the worst.
    Greta
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Maia wrote: »
    lol anyway, back on topic. I was running counterattack elite and almost instantly, before splitting up, three of my squires were dead. Must have been smash critted the moment the mission started. I don't know how I managed to finish the mission but I did. Relying on NPC's to stay alive in this game is the worst.

Indeed, I am forced to final hit and eat a couple counter-attacks to save my squires, else I run the mission with 3-5 with the risk of failing after 2-3 map changes.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 14, 2018
    10k+ used 2 be a 5-6 year achievement. Now it's doable in less than a year with this update. Man I feel old. :|
  • Speddy54Speddy54
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,535
    edited January 15, 2018
    watercat0 wrote: »

Doable.

Your first goal should be to rescue 9 members of the support team while limiting the amount of enemies that enter the Avalon Gate. Each wave occurs every minute so be sure to never over commit to a task (freeing the support group, healing squires, or attacking the siege weapon). Make sure you have enough time to return warp pentacle. I had about enough time to free 1-2 squires each warp wave depending on how far apart each one was before the next wave.

For each warp wave itself, having r1 chain sweep and high damage is invaluable. The waves will converge into chain sweep range so you should aim to maximize the amount of enemies killed with individual chain sweeps. If you can get 2 groups on the edge of your sweep circle, that's a group you should target. Your goal here should be to prevent as many enemies from entering the gate. It's ok if a few get past you. Your squires can take a hit once you've freeded enough of the support group.

For healing, make sure you also heal the support group. You want to maintain your numbers advantage.

Once you've rescued 9/10 squires, begin your attack on the siege weapon. If you're fast you can clear 2-3 orbs (or with human FH probably can clear more than just 2) before the warp wave starts again. Once again, make sure you keep an eye on the HP of your squires and to clear the warp waves before they reach the pentacle. After you defeat all the enemies, rescue the last squire (I pick the ones behind the girgrishy)

Granted this is on the premise that you have r1 chain sweep and enough damage to one shot warp wave mobs.

____

Or you can just rescue the support squad and then herd the squires behind a tree where they can't be hurt any anything.
    Kokoro
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    What’s the best mission to farm for Nowhere to Run and Gatekeeper Elite pass? I swear their drop rates are rigged in my game. I have never gotten NTR from the monsters and very rarely Gatekeeper. I have mostly been getting Siege and Round Table...and the occasional Bridge and CA..
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    I really have no clue what is going on in this game anymore.

And people are seriously now using like 20 different types of buffs to finish things? And we should be doing like 50-150k damage per hit? Now I'm just annoyed. This doesn't look fun at all.
  • tommyrockettommyrocket
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    I'll say first-off...anyone notice the servers are laggier than usual? I know they're always laggy. I just mean worse than that, is all. Moving on...

My team of squires only have stats around 150 ~ 180 each, (Elise, Kanna, and Eirlys.) and it's tough to say whether or not their stats actually matter. At this point, I think they don't. If someone knows for sure otherwise, feel free to enlighten me; I'd love to learn more about how all this really works, so I can actually beat counterattack elite.

The squires in the very first part of Counterattack Elite died in the first 10 seconds before I could even kill much of anything. Now, I'm not super strong or anything, 700 ~ 800 in all stats except luck, which is around 300. Been training chain and using that mainly, so I think I do pretty well at this time. It's just the enemies and their instant multi-aggro as usual that is broken as all heck. When is DevCat going to learn that in a game like this, with lag galore, that instant multi-aggro in a solo-only mission is ridiculous? These enemies hit insanely hard too, and not to mention, they counter most of the time. ...Most of that time, you can't even see them using counterattack. Having to normal attack to get Dorcha gets me killed by counters more than anything else, so I find myself just windmilling anything that is sitting still, since it's likely in counter mode.

That said, I really hate the Gatekeeper and Round Table missions, as well. If you don't have a Divine-Linked pet out, the instant aggro upon moving between areas in Gatekeeper will just get you insta-bopped by wolves or whatever. Then there's Nowhere to Run, where the smaller Female Zombies have unusually large range, thanks to their server-side speed being faster than what we see client-side. Seriously Nexon, de-syncing enemies?! It's frustrating.

I don't play this game very often anymore...but this surely isn't helping. I love the new baltane missions for leveling, and I've probably made more progress this past week or two than I have in the past year. It's just the broken enemy AI that is driving nuts. Kind of like how Blinkers are still total BS against anyone trying to solo. Since, well, no one likes to party for anything anymore. Just AFK everywhere.