Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Story About One of Nexon's Former Game

icekiller158icekiller158
Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
in Town Square
This is a story about Nexon's former game, Dragon Nest. How it became Zimbabwe Nest and subsequently Banned Nest.

There was an event called Best Hero Tournament, it was supposed to end, but the developers broke it and it continued on. The reward changed to an item that gives everyone 15k gold. It has also changed that you can run it more than 2 times. With so much gold, Dragon Nest has became Zimbabwe Nest.

The developers did take note of this and started an urgent emergency maintenance to try to fix it. Many players expected a server rollback. Instead of a server rollback, they banned 400+ players for 7 days, which is essentially the entire active player base.
[Deleted User]

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    edited January 12, 2018
    Long time no see ice.

And dear god that game is in no position to be banning people like that, it's basically suicide at this point. It's the equivalent of a sick animal jumping into freezing water to fetch some food it dropped.
    [Deleted User]
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    can confirm saw many people leave after that, DN is now a dead game with bots living in it right now
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Mabinogi had a huge temporary ban several years ago due to an exploit. I could be remembering wrong, but I think it was over 200k people. I doubt we even have that many players now. People were banned who didn't even use any exploits, including me.
    [Deleted User]
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 17, 2018
    Shadoe wrote: »
    Mabinogi had a huge temporary ban several years ago due to an exploit. I could be remembering wrong, but I think it was over 200k people. I doubt we even have that many players now. People were banned who didn't even use any exploits, including me.

I think it was in the three thousands. I don't even remember the number anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least if we are talking about the same one.
    -removed-
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited January 17, 2018
    Sai wrote: »

I think it was in the three thousands. I don't even remember the number anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-removed-

We probably are, and you're probably right. It's been a long time.
    [Deleted User]
  • icekiller158icekiller158
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    edited January 19, 2018
    UPDATE

After the 7 day ban they issued.

They are rebanning people again, just for logging in. Some got banned for buying something from the marketplace or placing something on sale. Innocent players gets banned along with the abusers.

The developers say they are banning people based on the gold they have from abusing the broken event, from 2 days to 1 month. They also did nothing with the gold people got, they left it as is.
    Unisex
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Sai wrote: »

-removed-

We probably are, and you're probably right. It's been a long time.

I still mention that mass to trigger my girlfriend, To this day, I never trust publishers that claim its Impossible to be wrong about some false positives in a ban wave.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    What is this mess I'm reading.

Is 15k a lot?
  • TeriustheGreatTeriustheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    I've never been banned before, sounds scary. :s