Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Feels Bad 4 peeps who spent 50-100m+ man...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
Posts: 1,499
Member
edited January 15, 2018 in General Chat
S-Grade Celtic Chainz can be obtain as drops. Confirmed.

2iawv1e.jpg

Nonetheless...Sankyuu verry muhc Nexon! U spared me 50m+ worth of mats here.

mushymushy.gif~c200
courtneyypawcalypseHardmuscleQAQb

Comments

  • PankotePankote
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Posts: 14
    Member
    :s
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Posts: 57
    Member
    I dont think you...... feel bad at all!

    tumblr_oldkx5xc8S1tk6djfo1_500.gif
    RheyVeylaineDarkpixie99Behelitpawcalypse
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 289
    Member
    Congrats!

    I think it's nice that the Celtic has been made more accessable for everyone. I hope they do the same for the other Celtics in the future some time. My failed attempt at the Celtic Control Bar still stings.
    OdinwolfeGreta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    That's not S grade. S grade would have +5 dura and only +2 max. That's really random stat bonuses. congrats tho
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Unisex wrote: »
    I dont think you...... feel bad at all!

    tumblr_oldkx5xc8S1tk6djfo1_500.gif

    I do bruddah! I really do. Culda been me. Only diff was I wasn't all that into chainz liek all min-maxerz with 100m+ assets who was desperate for shillz @ release launch. :s :o :'(

    So I was content with a step 6 blue giveaway chainz cuz it haz unique gold shiney colors instead. Till this happenned. Now I have no excuse 2 not go all in and put this bae 2 work~ B)
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Spy wrote: »
    That's not S grade. S grade would have +5 dura and only +2 max. That's really random stat bonuses. congrats tho

    With all the modifiers (Grandmaster smith+active talent) you should get +5 max and +5 durability, from what I can tell at least. The shown blade is missing 2 max from the highest possible, which to the crowd who spent 100m on ruptured black metals is worth it because they were over paying to begin with.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Spy wrote: »
    That's not S grade. S grade would have +5 dura and only +2 max. That's really random stat bonuses. congrats tho

    With all the modifiers (Grandmaster smith+active talent) you should get +5 max and +5 durability, from what I can tell at least. The shown blade is missing 2 max from the highest possible, which to the crowd who spent 100m on ruptured black metals is worth it because they were over paying to begin with.

    when +2-3 more dmg is used to justify 100m...
    tenor.gif

    I'd instant regret just paying 100m for any shillz that's dropped from a farm-able ingame mobs.(even if just based vers) Especially if I only need one copy of it. :p
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Like I asked someone from several days ago.. I do wonder if we can just get three of those Celtic Howling Chain Blades from the drop only to synthesize for a chance to get better grade (though the roll is very random)...

    But yeah, I still need to spam those two new Baltane missions even on basic so I can get one for myself.. I’m just missing out on few max damages from the smithed version, no biggie.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    Like I asked someone from several days ago.. I do wonder if we can just get three of those Celtic Howling Chain Blades from the drop only to synthesize for a chance to get better grade (though the roll is very random)...

    But yeah, I still need to spam those two new Baltane missions even on basic so I can get one for myself.. I’m just missing out on few max damages from the smithed version, no biggie.

    I'd recommend raising & cycling thro all ur bank alts as well unless U dm waiting 36mins in between runs. ;)
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Posts: 199
    Member
    I mean if you're going to reforge it, you should get the best possible one
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 289
    Member
    I think 100m is a bit of an exaggeration anyway. I don't think anyone has actually paid that much.
  • PankotePankote
    Mabinogi Rep: 630
    Posts: 14
    Member
    How did you manage 126 max attack on a cardinal?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Pankote wrote: »
    How did you manage 126 max attack on a cardinal?

    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/comment/78876/#Comment_78876
    I think they mentioned having a step 6 blue special upgrade on it
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member
    Rhey wrote: »
    when +2-3 more dmg is used to justify 100m...

    I'd instant regret just paying 100m for any shillz that's dropped from a farm-able ingame mobs.(even if just based vers) Especially if I only need one copy of it. :p
    Welcome to the world of min-maxers, where one point makes you all that much more ""special."" That being said, monster drop stat rolls shouldn't be able to hit S+/X grade rolls like what smithing with all the benefits can accomplish.
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I think 100m is a bit of an exaggeration anyway. I don't think anyone has actually paid that much.
    On Alexina the "buying" price per metal is 2m, but no one is really selling for that and I often see 3/4m "selling" parties getting bought out quickly. If someone buys all their metals at 4m, they'd be putting in 72m if they luck out and finish the blade in 6 rounds, and even more if they aren't lucky.
    Zeo wrote: »
    Like I asked someone from several days ago.. I do wonder if we can just get three of those Celtic Howling Chain Blades from the drop only to synthesize for a chance to get better grade (though the roll is very random)...
    In theory putting three of the same item increases the rate of synthesizing a rerolled copy of that item applies to all weapons. The issue lies with the exorbitant cost of resources/time for this and the highly random nature of synthesis grades.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    Pankote wrote: »
    How did you manage 126 max attack on a cardinal?

    It's a 165 max cardinal actually...But I'd suggest U not to follow my build if ur min-maxing(dps). o:)


    Buffalos wrote: »
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I think 100m is a bit of an exaggeration anyway. I don't think anyone has actually paid that much.
    On Alexina the "buying" price per metal is 2m, but no one is really selling for that and I often see 3/4m "selling" parties getting bought out quickly. If someone buys all their metals at 4m, they'd be putting in 72m if they luck out and finish the blade in 6 rounds, and even more if they aren't lucky.

    I can attest. People are buying it between 2-4m on Mari as well. I even sold a few I got for 4m ea from spamming AAhm 4 RS. :o
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Ah yeah the Ruptured metals skyrocketed in price but I didn't think they'd stay that high. They were 600-800k a few months back.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    my crafted chain is 74 ~ 97 but I mean as long as you're not going for the best of the best then that is pretty good :D Did it drop from the sneaky disciple guy?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Posts: 1,499
    Member
    edited January 15, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    my crafted chain is 74 ~ 97 but I mean as long as you're not going for the best of the best then that is pretty good :D Did it drop from the sneaky disciple guy?

    Sneaky disciple guy? Idk tbh since I left shock+dance on as I had to take a quick restroom break. Came back and found this greeting me on the floor then I pinched myself to made sure I wasn't dreaming...the rest is history. :D

    Didn't expected anything from the run. Just getting the daily coinz to spin festa gacha. So I wasn't really paying attention as I trudge through each Balt mission while being tilted. :o
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    edited January 16, 2018
    Rhey wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    my crafted chain is 74 ~ 97 but I mean as long as you're not going for the best of the best then that is pretty good :D Did it drop from the sneaky disciple guy?

    Sneaky disciple guy? Idk tbh since I left shock+dance on as I had to take a quick restroom break. Came back and found this greeting me on the floor then I pinched myself to made sure I wasn't dreaming...the rest is history. :D

    Didn't expected anything from the run. Just getting the daily coinz to spin festa gacha. So I wasn't really paying attention as I trudge through each Balt mission while being tilted. :o

    I made my own, not sure why people being salty over it dropping, congrats! Serious question though can you defrag it for ruptured metals? Might be a good source if you're crafting another celtic of some sort.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Posts: 348
    Member
    edited January 16, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    I made my own, not sure why people being salty over it dropping, congrats! Serious question though can you defrag it for ruptured metals? Might be a good source if you're crafting another celtic of some sort.

    probably not, cant defrag the non-celtic chains and from my experience all gear/clothing Ive seen can't be defragged. If you're using alchemy its probably better to go with @Zeo's suggestion to see if you could get a better rolled one if you get three bad rolled ones. ( still wound't recommend because synthing like that still involves rng and then theres a good chance you wont get a celtic chain blade back or if the recipe could be valid but who knows lol )