Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. more advert bots huh?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    @Harukari Same, i blacklist and move on. But it's annoying because it fills up my friend list too fast. That's my blacklist at this moment. I don't even always blacklist them and i already got this huge list.... -_-
    https://gyazo.com/04b25cacda6e54c465423fd63a6638c9
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    @Hardmuscle Same, but i keep forgetting or i'm too busy/lazy to do that so rip my friend list space..
    Helsa
  • WorstnoobeverzWorstnoobeverz
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Just encourage Nexon to keep censor all those website names then the problem will be solved.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Greta Yeah I sometimes forget to remove them and my list gets super full xD
    On the bright side at least they only show up in dunby and sometimes tir, I usually don't stay around in dunby/tir often(If I do it's not on the market channel)
    I've never seen them in Belvast, not on Ruairi/Tarlach, at least.

I have seen bot's personal shops in Belvast, however.
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Greta yeah, i don't think you'll ever see spam-bots anywhere but Dunbarton. It would require too much effort for them to go to Belvast. Though I don't think new players can actually continent warp until they've done the first set of tutorials anyway. Brand new players off the soul stream cannot join parties so I'm assuming that to be the case also.
  • RocisRocis
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Theres alot of bots appearing in Alexina Tir Ch1, ive had like 6 bots banned already lol
    and, honestly why would there be bots in tir, wouldnt that discourage new players from playing the game when they see those bots roaming around?
  • KurozashiKurozashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    It does seem like there's been a few more than usual here in Ruairi ch1.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    @Hardmuscle Yeah there are players who have basically turned this into a supplementary job. Bots can't bot for gold anymore. But players can farm for them.
  • RocisRocis
    This is my opinion, and im in no way of telling the gms how to do their jobs. But I think Gms should be posted in towns when they are invisible, for example GM Nkeona would be in tir watching for bots or other things; or we should have more people reporting them often.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Rocis Sometimes they do, there is a GM hide function in their control panel. But yeah they should be posted more often, having the game running on a second computer at their station while they do their other work checking periodically.
  • RocisRocis
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Gaea Isnt the gms job suppose to report bugs, and patrol the game?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Rocis Technically yes and I'm not saying that they don't, they just don't do it all the time due to reasons that we are not aware of. Another important responsibility a GM has above everything else is system stability and reporting any issues to their tech team. They also have to answer and resolve TONS and TONS of tickets from players. Customer service consumes their entire day.

That's why reporting bots and chatting with GM's helps. We have bring it to their attention.

I feel like it's our responsibility too.
  • RocisRocis
    @Gaea Good point, I guess I've been helping them for the pass two days, going back and forth to tir and dunby and reporting the bots. I was also told in live chat that the in game report system might be fixed by the next server maintenance which is good I think.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited January 8, 2017
    Rocis
    Rocis said:

... I was also told in live chat that the in game report system might be fixed by the next server maintenance which is good I think.
    OMG!! that would be soooooo great! It will make reporting the bots so much easier.
  • RocisRocis
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Ktty Yup, it would be nice if there was live gm chat in game, Like in World of Warcraft, but that might be hard to keep up with.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Rocis
    Rocis said:

Yup, it would be nice if there was live gm chat in game, Like in World of Warcraft, but that might be hard to keep up with.
    Might be hard to code too considering the age of the game engine. But we can always dream I suppose.
  • RocisRocis
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Ktty I guess, but I dont see how hard it would be to code it, cant they just use the chat system that we have now, but put a button on the bottom of the chat saying GM?
    I made a photoshop of my chat, and added a button that says gm on it c:
    http://prnt.sc/dt62oj
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 8, 2017
    Bot spam is actually a problem in every game, and even the best companies can't 100% get rid of them without turning a F2P game into P2P sub. Subscription games haven't been doing too well recently, so that's a bad idea. It's just not fair to legit players to restrict chat limits, plus they're scripting the game. We'd have to seriously go hardcore revamp on how Mabinogi runs in order to try the modern fixes, but other than that there's less than there was 3-5 years ago. They took notice of the dead player population, and left until someone else came in and a followed suit. Just be glad they haven't touched the party recruitment as well. We might end up having to ban certain countries from the NA server if it's been 100% confirmed that it will be the best fix, but most legit players will complain about not being able to play anymore.
  • RocisRocis
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Darkpixie99 Well said c: Im guessing all we can do is report these bots to the gms. On top of that we should also find the bots or "suppliers" and report them as well.
  • RocisRocis
    Im kinda curious what @Sabina thinks about these bots that are roaming around Tir and dunby.