Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What do you think of community of your server?

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Fabeola wrote: »
    Seriously...lol I hope you're joking......

Overlord (Noun): a ruler, especially a feudal lord.
    a person of great power or authority.

God (Noun) : a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

So no, I'm not joking.

Although it is very clear that Over's personality is vastly different than the one the name implies.
    Just needs to open up more to people in game, some nice people in Tarlach.
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited January 17, 2018
    I hate everyone equally.

People who judges other simply by name, really doesn't deserve my my time anyway.
    [Deleted User]Radiant DawnetriCiri
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    TNinja wrote: »
    I hate everyone equally.

People who judges other simply by name, really doesn't deserve my my time anyway.

What I love is that just because I said "People might take your name as a sign of how you act and get the wrong idea" and somehow that translated to people as me being the one that does that.

When all I did was tell OP to open up more as well as where to find social activity.

Then again, this is the forums.
    [Deleted User]HellkaizerLeilicia
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Tarlarch is pretty nice and quiet beside the fact that the prices are pretty high and nobody buys my stuff.
    But overall tarlach is cool and you meet nice people there.
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I hate everyone equally.

What I love is that just because I said "People might take your name as a sign of how you act and get the wrong idea" and somehow that translated to people as me being the one that does that.

When all I did was tell OP to open up more as well as where to find social activity.

Then again, this is the forums.

I didn't even say you're the one doing it. Come now.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    edited January 17, 2018
    I was a Ruairi player, but I transferred to Alexina, since Ruairi (according to the wiki's server status) is now the most dead server. Lots of very cool and nice folks there, but also a lot of rude and dense people. You'll find lots of cliques and whatnot in there.

Haven't played Alex enough tho.
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    To be honest, I play Ruairi and I think it's a lot better than it was in the past. Then again, that's obvious for probably a lot of servers as the population decreases, more bad/good people leave. Honestly, don't worry about it. There always someone who will be angry about something, as it pertains the same in real life. Since I've come back, I don't really have any problems with people or more like no one has been rude rarely (verbally but some mean moves maybe twice). Every server has good people and bad people, just find the group that you feel comfortable with and push the negative people away.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 22, 2018
    I do not see why anyone should really care. It is just one incident. Do we have to complain about every little incident we have with other players?
    GretaSylviaWolfeNilremUnisexRadiant Dawn
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Did this thread go off track?
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Nilrem wrote: »
    I mean with a IGN like "Overlord God", you kinda have an easy time giving people the wrong idea.
    The name gives the impression of an inflated ego.

And from what I've seen of you in game, you also don't seem very openly social even when nice people are around.
    Maybe try looking around more? Tarlach's Tir can be a quiet place with some night time chatter, Dunby is pretty dead but can have the occasional conversation, and Belvast is either afk people, chatty people, or people being merchants.

Besides that, I just see Tarlach as a quiet little island among the servers.
    Not exactly loud, but still a comfy place, especially once you meet some nice people.

That or he likes the anime Overlord.
    Darkpixie99BlissfulkillKingEphyCiri
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I don't particularly like certain types of people on our server. Some are creepy, some are extremely cringy, some are rude, some are all of the afforementioned in one. Having so little people overall only makes this difference harder to ignore, even on a small number of people. You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your playerbase unless you quit the game, that's how it works...and no, creating a new character on a new sever is not an actual option after you spent lot of time on something.. Not like there's any promise of things changing there anyway.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 22, 2018
    Join a guild. Get to know people. Then leech off the senpai's till ur stronk enuf on ur own. I have a saying.
    Stranger Danger!
    I'd suggest 2 rarely run PUG unless U need 2 & everyone in da PUG/groupies has a common goal/decency 2 not bring the drama llama along 4 the ride.. ;) ;) ;)
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Did this thread go off track?

Probably just a short miss from the main topic, but it should be fine.
    5d387de44040f2b2a3bb007004a33ce27b765d75_hq.gif

I usually see Tarlach in the modern era of just this dead silent wasteland with widespread shops open in the hopes that someone is actually grinding.
    Otherwise, guild chat can be rather entertaining depending on which guild or members you run into.
    Not that I'm as actively doing runs or skill ranks like I was years ago...

• noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    I wouldn't blame the people that complained when u ruined their lure since its a strategy that requires patience
    luring is not that easy and the dragon might not go the way u want it so sometimes its frustrating
    especially if they planned to kill as many dragons as possible
    ur not the only one who wants to attack but for those who had some experience
    killing it with strategy is more convenient and practical than fighting it directly (unless ur OP)
    whats even more the strategic way of raiding white dragon gives chances for more players to earn points for rewards

white dragon raids have been my thing for a while and if i remember correctly
    i used to be able to lure in less than 5 mins or so (but others are better i think)
    tho ive lost the drive to do dragon raids lately before I could see people who would raid all channels
    havent checked white dragon raids lately

a word of advice if u r in a raid or party or doing something with random players, friends or guild
    dont hesitate to ask before doing a move on ur own
    and since u have returned lately u might not be familiar with unwritten rules or strategy
    that many players have created from past experiences
    so when u join a party or raid kindly tell them that u havent played for a while
    and for newbies tell them that ur new to the game ask for tips and help

its not surprising for unwritten rules, strategies and ethics to emerge from an mmo thats been running for years
    maybe i should start a thread about this some game ethics, unwritten rules and strategies for newbies and and long time returnees
  • LOLCanoLOLCano
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    Ruairi is pretty good compared to when the game first launched. We're not too keen on using the forums though,for some reason.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 23, 2018
    I don't understand the hypersensitivity here; Tarlach have the nicest players, it was where I started in Mabinogi; Ruairi is the second best for kindest players and a good place to chill. Mari...let's leave her alone. Alexina is the craziest one, 1million = 500k compared to Tarlach and Ruairi, 1m in Mari is 800k or sometimes equal to Alexina last I remember.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    The community of my server is full of nothing but greedy savages who overprice everything, statue-nogis who hardly play the game (and when they do, they don't know what the hell they're even doing), the occasional scam artist or two, people who can't be bothered to take 30 more seconds to actually use their keyboard properly, elitists, and elitists who treat the game like it's a job when it comes to particular raids. (Thinking of a certain guild in particular...)

I mean, yeah, good eggs exist here. I've met some people every now and again that are miraculously still on my Friend List and not just offline all the time like 3 days after being added, but honestly, these people are about as uncommon as my +30 Magic Attack Celtic Tribolt Wand crafts. So, in other words, not common in the slightest.

Figure out which server I'm on yet? I'll tell you now.

I'm on Alexina. :|
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 29, 2018
    TLDR; Basically people who hate the crap out of the game but still login despite that because they have an unreported addiction. Even if they go months without moving from their spot and are a waste of a login slot :)

On the other spectrum, people who hate the crap out of the community that still login despite that because they like the game. Hence the complete ignorance towards other players

the latter of which is worse, because a bad community that hates itself far outweighs an unplayed game. (did you think I'd choose the former? >:) )
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 29, 2018
    I hate everyone equally.

You know that's edgy cringy right? You should just simply not care. It's the step above hating people, the path to enlightenment. -pat pat- ^_^
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited January 29, 2018
    Nice. Didn't know the mods delete comments that weren't half as bad as some here.
    Should change the title to "what do you think of your mods" lul.