Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Save Eyes KR Release False Alarm (I Was Wrong)

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited January 17, 2018 in General Chat
I'm just addressing an error I made in sharing the functions of one of the KR Beauty Coupon updates. (Old Thread)
It appears that there has yet to be a Save Eyes Coupon, but rather this new coupon item was released with an entirely different predicted function.

Klitschko Royal Eye Change
118141051.jpg
118141120.jpg

Sale Notification Page Link

Engrish Google Translate:
With Royal Eye Change Issues cool eyes (ohdeuahyi), aloof, including the eyes, including
11 species of eye contour You can change the look of one of your eyes.

[Look at the royal eye change]
1) If you use the royal eye change ticket, one of 11 species will change immediately, and the existing eye will disappear.
2) If you change to the new Royal Snow or Odyssey, the information will be added to [Dress Room].
3) Especially when changing to ODI, you can dye your right eye and left eye separately.
[Note]
* The royal eye change ticket is available once a transaction.
* The probability of appearance of all 11 kinds of eyes that can be changed when using the royal eye change is the same.
* One of the 11 species of royal eye change book has been applied to characters, the same eye appearance does not appear.
(For example, if you use the Royal Eye, you will not have any high-level eyes.)
* The Royal Eye information added to [Dress Room] will disappear from [Dress Room] if you change your eyes' appearance again .
* Audrey eyes can be dyed right / left eyes through the UI of the [Dress Room] eyes tab .
(Please note that even if you dye the right / left eyes with the same pay color, both eyes will use the phone.)
* Even if you use the wrong eye, you can not restore it to your original eye + modification rights. Please be careful.

Visual Video
Note: Leaving Nexon NA to Youtube

As you can see, there's a smaller tab above the colors for selecting the other eye that you want to "Dye."

Veylaine[Deleted User]Sheena

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    So basically maple story's royal eye coupon.

Hooray
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Wait....
    So its new eye styles, but instead of a definitive coupon to get them, its a RNG coupon.
    And one of the eyes from it are the demon eyes I want.

Wow, its something more evil than beauty coupons.
    We've been fighting the wrong battle this whole time.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Wait....
    So its new eye styles, but instead of a definitive coupon to get them, its a RNG coupon.
    And one of the eyes from it are the demon eyes I want.

Wow, its something more evil than beauty coupons.
    We've been fighting the wrong battle this whole time.

no, you are fighting Nexon on a unwinnable war
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    I don't know the price of these Royal eye coupons but I'd say the Beauty coupon gacha is way way worse. With this thing you are at least guaranteed to get one of the eleven eyes. If you wanted a certain hair in the Beauty coupon gacha, you had to fight against RNG which included a million other hairstyles and a pile of random clothes.

Anyway Starlight Eyes isn't one of the options so I'll be giving this one a pass.
    Veylaine
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 17, 2018
    Kokoro wrote: »
    I don't know the price of these Royal eye coupons but I'd say the Beauty coupon gacha is way way worse. With this thing you are at least guaranteed to get one of the eleven eyes. If you wanted a certain hair in the Beauty coupon gacha, you had to fight against RNG which included a million other hairstyles and a pile of random clothes.

Anyway Starlight Eyes isn't one of the options so I'll be giving this one a pass.

KR Beauty Shop Sale News Event Page
    They seem to have had the Save Hair Coupon as a limited time sale compared to NA, which lists it in the Cash Shop for pretty much forever until further notice.
    (Because NA keeps complaining about Beauty Coupons...)
    What this means for the eyes is yes, likely more RNG for another coupon.
    On further inspection, if this Royal Eye Change is a limited sale with Hair Save, then maybe we could convince NA to have this coupon on a separate sale more often...

Google Translate Engrish:
    ㅁ Get-Beauty Pouch, What's different from the old one?
    one! In the Get-a-Beauty pouch, eye-beauty coupons and design items (except wigs) do not appear.
    couple! You can earn one of the beauty coupon conversion book (hair / face / mouth / eyes) as basic compensation.
    Three! Beauty coupon conversion book (hair / face / mouth / eyes) can be used to convert unnecessary beauty coupons into "beauty secret books" !
    four! You can acquire 1 piece of hair, face, mouth beauty coupon at random using "Beauty secretary book" by collecting 10 pieces.
    (Beauty coupons are not included in beauty coupons that collect beauty secret books together) * Beauty coupon conversion book (hair / face / mouth / eyes) turns only the beauty coupon of each specified part into "Beauty secret book" Available. ** Beauty coupon conversion book (hair / face / mouth / eyes) can be traded once, and the converted "beauty secretary book" can not be traded.
    *** You can not use beauty coupon conversion books for some beauty change rights such as affiliate items.
    New Styles:
    111145713.jpg
  • KokoroKokoro
    Okay so if my Engrish Comprehenshion (yes you read that right) is correct, the latest Beauty Pouch only gives one item instead of the 3 we got in the old ones. However they took out all the clothes and shoes etc so that you will get a coupon (hair, face, eye, mouth) or a wig.

Also, if you don't like what you got, you can convert a few of them (10 of them?) them similar to Transformation Medals and have a chance at a new item.

I like it. Might be a little expensive if it's still priced at 1500NX but my biggest gripe with the Beauty Boxes was all the filler rewards (shoes galore!).
    Darkpixie99
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    So coupons are going to be even more rare. Because instead of selling what they wont want, they are going to destroy them, to a chance at getting new coupons.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Unisex wrote: »
    So coupons are going to be even more rare. Because instead of selling what they wont want, they are going to destroy them, to a chance at getting new coupons.

It should also have a normalising effect on the price of coupons in theory. The more 'undesireable' styles (looking at you Mushroom Hair M) will be consumed and turn into a lucky dip which may increase the number of 'desireable' styles being made available (Spiral Twin Tail etc). The 'rare' styles will be made more available to the public as some will likely be sold for gold rather than being used, most likely due to gender constraints. As more of the coupons start floating around, people won't demand them for exceptionally high prices any more.

The lower end coupon styles will undoubtedly become rarer as people break them down looking to try to get the 'desireable' stuff but there will always be someone who likes those styles (yes you too Mushroom Hair M). As a result of less of them being available, the price of these might even go up a little.

So the price difference between the jackpot and garbage stuff will be more like ~20m to ~1m rather than the current situation where we have ~200m to ~100k.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Unisex wrote: »

It should also have a normalising effect on the price of coupons in theory. The more 'undesireable' styles (looking at you Mushroom Hair M) will be consumed and turn into a lucky dip which may increase the number of 'desireable' styles being made available (Spiral Twin Tail etc). The 'rare' styles will be made more available to the public as some will likely be sold for gold rather than being used, most likely due to gender constraints. As more of the coupons start floating around, people won't demand them for exceptionally high prices any more.

The lower end coupon styles will undoubtedly become rarer as people break them down looking to try to get the 'desireable' stuff but there will always be someone who likes those styles (yes you too Mushroom Hair M). As a result of less of them being available, the price of these might even go up a little.

So the price difference between the jackpot and garbage stuff will be more like ~20m to ~1m rather than the current situation where we have ~200m to ~100k.

In the long run though, I see it just making any hair coupon rare. There are many people who will buy during the event, getting coupons that are good but cheap at the time. They will turn them into couponfood, leaving less in the market. Once the gacha leaves, we are stuck with far less options, leaving pretty much just high sellers. Right now, even if you missed the event, there are alot of hairs that you can get for less than 2mil. I can bet those will be brought out by those with alota money, to roll for another hair, they havent been able to get. {If they just left the Gacha in the shop all year round, this wouldnt be an issue. }

If they really are just dishing out 1 coupon at a time, this go around, I just see nothing but problems. Question, can it be ANY coupon? Or do you have to use 10 of the same type. Just wanna know if I should stock up on my mouth coupon lol.
    KokoroZeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited January 17, 2018
    So... since we can basically turn those coupons into something’s that we need to collect 10 to get a new coupon?

So... does that mean I should just stockpile on all the bad mouth/eye coupons I can find for 10k ~ 50k in market to save them so I can convert them for a chance of getting something like some rare hair coupon? lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 18, 2018
    Okay so if my Engrish Comprehenshion (yes you read that right) is correct, the latest Beauty Pouch only gives one item instead of the 3 we got in the old ones. However they took out all the clothes and shoes etc so that you will get a coupon (hair, face, eye, mouth) or a wig.

Also, if you don't like what you got, you can convert a few of them (10 of them?) them similar to Transformation Medals and have a chance at a new item.

I like it. Might be a little expensive if it's still priced at 1500NX but my biggest gripe with the Beauty Boxes was all the filler rewards (shoes galore!).

I guess that's better... but still they really need to make pons relevant again. :/
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Zeo wrote: »
    So... since we can basically turn those coupons into something’s that we need to collect 10 to get a new coupon?

So... does that mean I should just stockpile on all the bad mouth/eye coupons I can find for 10k ~ 50k in market to save them so I can convert them for a chance of getting something like some rare hair coupon? lol

This may only apply to the new ones being released with the next wave, unless KR updated the old ones and added them into the pile as well.
    We won't really know until the GMs get the data and release the information for us early in a live stream, or upon release.
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    From what I have seen so far.. didn’t we also get some sort of eyes dye too where we can get one custom eye color option? But the color is randomized so you may have to use the dye multiple times til you get the color you want.

Knowing the KR Mabi ori developers, they’ll probably do something like this for the dark-skintones so elves had to pay or use gachapons to get the skintones they want...