Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on New Baltane Missions/Baltane Elites

Comments

• Bob12345Bob12345
    Is this legit celtic chainblade drop from mob or you just trolled everyone here by dropping your own? Lol
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Shadoe wrote: »
    I really have no clue what is going on in this game anymore.

And people are seriously now using like 20 different types of buffs to finish things? And we should be doing like 50-150k damage per hit? Now I'm just annoyed. This doesn't look fun at all.

He's just showing off his high damage capability because someone asked him to. You don't need anywhere near that much damage to clear these missions.

Bob12345 wrote: »
    Is this legit celtic chainblade drop from mob or you just trolled everyone here by dropping your own? Lol

The stats on the pictured chain blade as well as the one on the other thread seem randomised as they are inconsistent with the stats you get from smithing. Because of this, it's probably safe to assume they are telling the truth about them being drops.

Considering the price of the materials, you'd have to be pretty dedicated to trolling to make the chain blade, purposely fail the finishing and then purposely break the durability even more just for lols.

VeylaineShadoe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    too much gold. needs nerf.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    On a note.

I absolutely hate the camera on the bridge. How high were they during playtesting?
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    TNinja wrote: »
    On a note.

I absolutely hate the camera on the bridge. How high were they during playtesting?

yep, but the camera only seems troublesome when you get close to barrier spikes in front of Shuan

but no problem as long you dont feel any need to chase your enemy near there
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    My personal rankings for these missions, now that I've had some time with them all:

Grinding Missions:
    1) Nowhere to Run
    2) Gatekeeper

Gate keeper is annoying.
    Especially on Elite. These things have strange aggro. Like, Divine Link doesn't transfer it all, so some things will still just aggro me, and boy do these guys hit hard on Elite.
    Also they use counterattack. Nowhere to Run wins by that alone, because dealing with counterattack is annoying.
    That and because Nowhere to Run Elite's zombies all aggro a Linked pet instantly, and the spawn rate is so much higher than Basic. It's overall just less of a hassle.
    Sure Gatekeeper has the possibility of getting an EXP buff effect as a boss-clear bonus, but it's too random and Nowhere to Run would be faster anyways.

Reward Missions:
    1) Counterattack
    2) Siege Weapon
    3) Knights of the Round Table
    4) Avalon Bridge

Yeah, the new missions take the top of the list, just because they come with extra gold rewards. (and quite a lot of Crusader EXP Potions or Int/Adv Baltane Seals!)
    Siege weapon takes 2nd, because of Counterattack's possibility to run into the Sneaky Disciples. They drop some nice loot!
    Knights of the Round Table is third. No bonus gold drop, but if you use Shock and r1 Raincasting, you can clear this in a relaxed way.
    Avalon Bridge... it's just too much time for too little rewards.
    Maybe if the point exchange prices were lowered, but for now, it's rather unrewarding.

Though, with the Huge Lucky Finish Event coming to a close, I feel that the list of missions I'll actually run will get pared down.
    1) Nowhere to run Elite, just to get to level 150 for that rebirth
    2) Counterattack and Siege Weapon for rewards
    3) Maybe Knights of the Round Table if I'm not feeling lazy, and also have an Elite Pass for it and can't do anymore Counterattack/Siege Weapon for that in-game day.

I can easily see Gatekeeper disappearing from my routine completely, and Avalon Bridge, barring some intense desire, and a cluttering of Elite passes for it.
    KokoroPip-Boy
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Though, with the Huge Lucky Finish Event coming to a close, I feel that the list of missions I'll actually run will get pared down.
    3) Maybe Knights of the Round Table if I'm not feeling lazy, and also have an Elite Pass for it and can't do anymore Counterattack/Siege Weapon for that in-game day.

I can easily see Gatekeeper disappearing from my routine completely, and Avalon Bridge, barring some intense desire, and a cluttering of Elite passes for it.
    I hate Gatekeeper Elite as well because like you mentioned for some reason the mobs bypass divine link and just went straight to you immediately after you warped. I died multiple times because I forgot to use Mana Shield/pots. But I don't have any choice, because after a week of spamming baltane missions (and that's literally the only thing I have been doing in Mabi since it came out) I got only two elite NTR passes that dropped from the mobs. So whether I like it or not, I have to do Gatekeeper Elite no matter what to level to 150. Where did you farm the elite passes for Nowhere to Run? It is stupidly rare in my game.
    Greta
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    I agree with that rating of the various missions, Iyasenu. I did not think about Shock + Rain Casting on KotRT, so I will definitely employ that during future runs to save my poor gun durability.

I find I will only run Gatekeeper if I have an Elite pass and it's a Tuesday or a day of increased item drops. Bachram pg. 4 seems to be the most sought of the pages, so it still has some worth on the market, and there will be times where I come just short of 150 from Nowhere to Run, and Gatekeeper Elite is just enough to push me the last few levels with a Baltane 1.5 crystal (which I've built a surplus of after so many peridot enemies). Incidentally, Peridot enemies have also started dropping items besides Bachram pages, Baltane crystals and bombs. I was running Avalon Bridge during the final week of the event and a Peridot Bear dropped a demonic sword.

I'm a bit concerned about running Counterattack on Elite. I need to figure out a more optimal way to move quickly as the enemies are so spread out on some maps and the health of my squires frightens me, but the Sneaky Disciples are definitely one of the strongest draws of that mission.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    ShouK wrote: »

I hate Gatekeeper Elite as well because like you mentioned for some reason the mobs bypass divine link and just went straight to you immediately after you warped. I died multiple times because I forgot to use Mana Shield/pots. But I don't have any choice, because after a week of spamming baltane missions (and that's literally the only thing I have been doing in Mabi since it came out) I got only two elite NTR passes that dropped from the mobs. So whether I like it or not, I have to do Gatekeeper Elite no matter what to level to 150. Where did you farm the elite passes for Nowhere to Run? It is stupidly rare in my game.

I've gotten nearly all my Elite passes from the enemies in Counterattack and Siege Weapon.
    That's enough passes for me atm, since I'm just rebirthing at a normal once-per-six-days rate.
    I can't remember seeing any pass drops during the other missions, except one pass I got from reanimated zombies during KotRT.

It's a shame that passes only seem to drop during Basic difficulty.
    I haven't seen any elite pass drops during my Elite runs.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    My personal rankings for these missions, now that I've had some time with them all:

Grinding Missions:
    1) Nowhere to Run
    2) Gatekeeper

Gate keeper is annoying.
    Especially on Elite. These things have strange aggro. Like, Divine Link doesn't transfer it all, so some things will still just aggro me, and boy do these guys hit hard on Elite.
    Also they use counterattack. Nowhere to Run wins by that alone, because dealing with counterattack is annoying.
    That and because Nowhere to Run Elite's zombies all aggro a Linked pet instantly, and the spawn rate is so much higher than Basic. It's overall just less of a hassle.
    Sure Gatekeeper has the possibility of getting an EXP buff effect as a boss-clear bonus, but it's too random and Nowhere to Run would be faster anyways.

Reward Missions:
    1) Counterattack
    2) Siege Weapon
    3) Knights of the Round Table
    4) Avalon Bridge

Yeah, the new missions take the top of the list, just because they come with extra gold rewards. (and quite a lot of Crusader EXP Potions or Int/Adv Baltane Seals!)
    Siege weapon takes 2nd, because of Counterattack's possibility to run into the Sneaky Disciples. They drop some nice loot!
    Knights of the Round Table is third. No bonus gold drop, but if you use Shock and r1 Raincasting, you can clear this in a relaxed way.
    Avalon Bridge... it's just too much time for too little rewards.
    Maybe if the point exchange prices were lowered, but for now, it's rather unrewarding.

I'd agree with these ratings minus one small change, Avalon bridge is really chill if you have a good ice spear and the explosion radius reforge. Also I can only seem to get gatekeeper passes as well. In ~12 gatekeeper passes I have 2 no where to run. I noticed that counterattack has mobs that ignore divine link too. I'm pretty happy with this update overall, because I dislike girg dailies for crusader exp and this allows me to get semi regular exp.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Can someone give me advice to do nowhere to run without getting immediatly killed.
    Like i try to kill the mobs with chain crush one by one but my char walks directly into the target and gets killed.
    Any advice?
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited January 22, 2018
    The missions all seem favorable to magic builds. Chain-casted lightning bolt in particular is very good for clearing away mobs while shockwave is very nice to have on missions like counterattack where enemies have a tendency to bumrush you. A fully upgraded tribolt will be your best friend in on most every mission while a shuriken can be handy for counterattack.
    Can someone give me advice to do nowhere to run without getting immediatly killed.
    Like i try to kill the mobs with chain crush one by one but my char walks directly into the target and gets killed.
    Any advice?

Use divine link on a high level pet and get a tribolt/lightning wand to spam chain casted lightning bolt.
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    edited January 22, 2018
    Any advice?

Nowhere to Run is specifically an AoE-fest. There's no need to single-target enemies unless you're waiting on cooldowns, focus-killing a bear, or building up Dorcha. On that note, Chain Slash isn't the best talent for AoEing in this mission because of how fast-paced the spawns are, how long the recovery is on Chain Sweep, and how wonky the ranges of the other two AoEs are. Chain Slash thrives better in missions like Siege Weapon, where there's a finite group of enemies that spawns and immediately dies from its sheer AoE burst. While you will effectively chase enemies all over the map on Basic due to how passive they are, on Elite you only really need to stay in range of the squires, as everything will aggro towards you with much more movement speed.

As far as non-magic is concerned, Gunner (which I use here) and Ninja (which I have not tried here but can imagine does well) are great tools for mowing down the corpses. Gunner is primarily about the double-tap and high-crit of its regular shots and the mobility and far reach of Shooting Rush, while Ninja benefits from the focused reach of Kunai Storm, the range of its basic attack and the set-and-forget nature of Explosive Kunai. I'm not sure Shock is all that useful or necessary on this mission. It's more useful on missions with lots of boars or wolves (like Avalon Bridge, Knights of the Round Table and Counterattack), and the bear is manageable without it. The enemies here are very fragile, so the best buff for this mission is actually March Song. It allows you to pursue new targets more quickly and to run away from danger more easily. Now that the Huge Lucky Finish event is over, it's not as easy to keep track of kills for when the Peridot Bear spawns, but if you find yourself in harm's way when it comes rushing in, you can simply move to the left or right of the main path, or use Crisis Escape to drop aggro and let the squires keep him busy while you set up to finish him off. If you're at half health or less, pop Mana Shield until you level or your Bachram gauge refills.

In my case, I run a Dowra SE in one weapon tab and, being a human, dual-wield swords in the other. I essentially pop Way of the Gun and Final Hit whenever they're off cooldown, prioritizing the latter to time it with bear spawns. Ideally, both are off cooldown a minute before the Bachram gauge refills, so that both have their cooldowns reset. Final Hit is considerably more useful against the corpses on Basic than it is on Elite, since there's way less ideal clusters on Basic.

No matter what you use, just be aware that sometimes position lag can happen, and may also explain why you end up moving inside your target.

Edit: I guess while I'm here, I may as well ask if anyone in the thread knows or suspects the best method/Baltane mission for getting Elite passes. They've been scarcely dropping for me from monsters in Nowhere to Run, and it's starting to drive me nuts. Aside from waiting until Tuesday, I've got nothing.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    The missions all seem favorable to magic builds. Chain-casted lightning bolt in particular is very good for clearing away mobs while shockwave is very nice to have on missions like counterattack where enemies have a tendency to bumrush you. A fully upgraded tribolt will be your best friend in on most every mission while a shuriken can be handy for counterattack.
    Any advice?

Use divine link on a high level pet and get a tribolt/lightning wand to spam chain casted lightning bolt.
    Any advice?

Nowhere to Run is specifically an AoE-fest. There's no need to single-target enemies unless you're waiting on cooldowns, focus-killing a bear, or building up Dorcha. On that note, Chain Slash isn't the best talent for AoEing in this mission because of how fast-paced the spawns are, how long the recovery is on Chain Sweep, and how wonky the ranges of the other two AoEs are. Chain Slash thrives better in missions like Siege Weapon, where there's a finite group of enemies that spawns and immediately dies from its sheer AoE burst. While you will effectively chase enemies all over the map on Basic due to how passive they are, on Elite you only really need to stay in range of the squires, as everything will aggro towards you with much more movement speed.

As far as non-magic is concerned, Gunner (which I use here) and Ninja (which I have not tried here but can imagine does well) are great tools for mowing down the corpses. Gunner is primarily about the double-tap and high-crit of its regular shots and the mobility and far reach of Shooting Rush, while Ninja benefits from the focused reach of Kunai Storm, the range of its basic attack and the set-and-forget nature of Explosive Kunai. I'm not sure Shock is all that useful or necessary on this mission. It's more useful on missions with lots of boars or wolves (like Avalon Bridge, Knights of the Round Table and Counterattack), and the bear is manageable without it. The enemies here are very fragile, so the best buff for this mission is actually March Song. It allows you to pursue new targets more quickly and to run away from danger more easily. Now that the Huge Lucky Finish event is over, it's not as easy to keep track of kills for when the Peridot Bear spawns, but if you find yourself in harm's way when it comes rushing in, you can simply move to the left or right of the main path, or use Crisis Escape to drop aggro and let the squires keep him busy while you set up to finish him off. If you're at half health or less, pop Mana Shield until you level or your Bachram gauge refills.

In my case, I run a Dowra SE in one weapon tab and, being a human, dual-wield swords in the other. I essentially pop Way of the Gun and Final Hit whenever they're off cooldown, prioritizing the latter to time it with bear spawns. Ideally, both are off cooldown a minute before the Bachram gauge refills, so that both have their cooldowns reset. Final Hit is considerably more useful against the corpses on Basic than it is on Elite, since there's way less ideal clusters on Basic.

No matter what you use, just be aware that sometimes position lag can happen, and may also explain why you end up moving inside your target.

Edit: I guess while I'm here, I may as well ask if anyone in the thread knows or suspects the best method/Baltane mission for getting Elite passes. They've been scarcely dropping for me from monsters in Nowhere to Run, and it's starting to drive me nuts. Aside from waiting until Tuesday, I've got nothing.

Thanks for the advice
    Gonna try nowhere to run with ninja.

About your question.
    I got some elite passes from the avalon bridge mission.
    They don't drop in masses but they drop.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I bit the bullet and got divine link, up to rank 7, almost 6 now, it makes siege weapon elite almost trivial compared to without it. It's still demanding mechanically, but it doesn't have the same urgency as when you don't have divine link.(managing aggro, not taking devastating hits etc)

even with poopoo pets and rank 7 DL, this skill is just too good.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    any Dowra SE with upgraded range and Magazine, plus Blue upgraded is the best one when using on Gate keeper and Counter attack

for Avalon Bridge elite
    Alchemy: i recommend shock ability to the fullest to halt enemy advance
    Mage: Ice Spear generally does not work, use Lightning Bolt to enemy zombies and chain cast Thunder to enemy Robed man
    Warrior: Using Wide Splash Weapon works like wonder, but enemy explosive zombie could stun you
  • BizarrelmageBizarrelmage
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited January 22, 2018
    In Avalon Bridge: If you're able to, just lullaby(with a pet on divine link and set to healing mode so you don't get interrupted) until both the disciple and boss comes out and throw a chained Ice Spear and all the explosions should just stack on the two annoying tanks. This works even in elite but you'll mostly be left with half if not less than 10 points. This also works in Siege attack, just throw a chained Ice Spear to the zombie closest to getting inside the transport circle so he brings the explosions with him inside where the squires are. This is even easier with explosion radius reforges on.
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Pass droprate has been horrible for me. 4 counterattacks and I've only gotten a single pass.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 22, 2018
    I haven't seen another celtic dropped since my last time I got one. It's prolly rarer than I thought huh. :/ :o :'(

I want a spare 2 blue step 6 4 lulz. >:) :* :p
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    First time entering Elite, and christ. The enemies are resilient, and aggros more religiously than before.

Multi aggros. Halp.