Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED INFO] Winter Fishing Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited January 18, 2018 in Vault
Something fishy is going on in Physis. Travel to the Reus River to find Jan and his pal trying to fish for some smelt. They'll give you some bait and quests that will smelt you away. Check out the fishy details here!

00J8Z-7c0b2303-f7ea-404b-9412-cfdd360ac245.jpg

Winter Fishing Event

Event Dates: Thursday, Jan. 18 - Wednesday, Feb. 7

Event Details:

• Head on down to Physis to find Jan and his pal for our new fishing event.
  • Upon log in you will receive a guide quest, Jan's Request. Once this quest is completed, every other character on the account will no longer have this quest.
  • Jan can be found next to the Reus River Mana Tunnel.
  • Talk to Jan to register a main character.
  • Once a character is registered, that character will receive a Snowfield L-Rod (Event) and a stack of Glacier Smelt Bait Feeder (Event).
  • Use the Snowfield L-rods to find fishing holes along the river.
  • Bring Jan some Glacier Smelts to receive rewards depending on the amount you bring him. Please be aware the Phishy Phobia in Physis quest must be in progress to receive the rewards.
  • To get more bait complete the daily quest , "Be the One Who Smelt it and Dealt It." You will receive 30 baits for completing the daily quest.
  • To create a fishing hole in the river, human and elves must use Snowfield L-rods. However, Giants can use Stomp to open one.
  • You will receive 100 baits each day for logging in on the character you registered as a main character.
  • Bait will be received the day after you register a main character.

Hot Days Details:

Log in on the listed days below to be able to receive 70x Iceberg Smelt Bait Feeder. You must re-log, or change channels for the hot days.

• Saturday, January 20th
  • Sunday, January 21st
  • Saturday, January 27th
  • Sunday, January 28th
  • Saturday, February 3rd
  • Sunday, February 4th

Old Fish Trap Reward List:

• Black Bag (10x17) Coupon
  • Diet Potion U
  • Diet Potion L
  • Diet Potion F
  • White Bear Hat (M)
  • White Bear Hat (F)
  • Diamond 10cm
  • Star Sapphire 10cm
  • Topaz 10cm
  • Emerald 10cm
  • Aquamarine 10cm
  • Garnet 10cm
  • Jasper 10cm
  • Ruby 10cm
  • Spinel 10cm
  • Special Arrow Bundle (500 Arrows)
  • Common Gem Powder
  • Fine Gem Powder
  • Party Phoenix Feather (Event) (7 Days)
  • Special High Speed Gathering Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Speed Walk Potion 40% (10 min) (Event) (7 Days)
  • HP Buff Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • MP Buff Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Stamina Buff Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Protection/DEF Buff Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Special Tendering Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Special Tendering Potion S (Event) (7 Days)
  • Production Failure Potion (Event) (7 Days)
  • Potion of Proficiency (Event) (7 Days)
  • HP 50 Potion
  • HP 100 Potion
  • HP 300 Potion
  • MP 50 Potion
  • MP 100 Potion
  • MP 300 Potion
  • Stamina 50 Potion
  • Stamina 100 Potion
  • Stamina 300 Potion
  • HP & MP 50 Potion
  • HP & MP 100 Potion
  • HP & MP 300 Potion
  • HP & Stamina 50 Potion
  • HP & Stamina 100 Potion
  • HP & Stamina 300 Potion
  • HP 300 Potion SE
  • MP 300 Potion SE
  • Stamina 300 Potion SE
  • Wound Remedy 300 Potion SE
  • Base Herb
  • Garbage Herb
  • Firewood
  • Mana Herb
  • Cheap Silk
  • Common Silk
  • Fine Silk
  • Finest Silk
  • Cheap Fabric
  • Common Fabric
  • Fine Fabric
  • Finest Fabric
  • Cheap Leather
  • Common Leather
  • Fine Leather
  • Finest Leather
  • Cheap Leather Strap
  • Common Leather Strap
  • Fine Leather Strap
  • Finest Leather Strap
  • Diamond 5cm
  • Star Sapphire 5cm
  • Topaz 5cm
  • Emerald 5cm
  • Aquamarine 5cm
  • Garnet 5cm
  • Jasper 5cm
  • Ruby 5cm
  • Spinel 5cm
  • Advanced Phoenix Feather
  • Homestead Eggplant Seed
  • Homestead Strawberry Seed
  • Homestead Pumpkin Seed
  • Homestead Cabbage Seed
  • Homestead Tomato Seed

Phishy Phobia in Physis Rewards:

• Bring 30 Glacier Smelts - Golden Experience Fruit (500%)(Quantity: 2)
  • Bring 50 Glacier Smelts - Ice Fishing Rod
  • Bring 90 Glacier Smelts - Ice Fisher 2nd Title Coupon (Increases automatic fishing success rate and increases chances of catching bigger fish.
  • Bring 130 Glacier Smelts - Igloo Fishing Chair

00J8Z-3334bd9d-6b61-4ae0-bee5-c067411234ef.gif
MissFortuneCrimsọn[Deleted User]MarrowVivian

Comments

• DaenestraDaenestra
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Hey I noticed there are hot days after the event ends, is that just a mistake?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Thanks for noticing! We fixed it now :D
    DaenestraShadoe
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    When taking 10 smelt to Jan for the daily quest, you have to choose the conversation option and talk to him. (It says I've timed out and to retry, so hopefully this won't duplicate a post.)
  • ArogwenArogwen
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    I only caught 8 glacier smelts with that entire stack of bait. How are you supposed to get more or do I really have to wait until Saturday hot time?
  • KatherzKatherz
    Updated the post with clarification on how many baits you will receive
    Shadoe
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Love the event. A fishing event with no trash to get rid of
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Ok a little confused, Jan took smelt, not glacier smelts, which I brought twenty to Jan. The post above says Glacier smelts, so is there any purpose for the glacier smelt? or are they just a red herring? Just curious because above it says "Bring Jan some Glacier Smelts to receive rewards depending on the amount you bring him. Please be aware the Phishy Phobia in Physis quest must be in progress to receive the rewards." We could use some clarification. Thank you.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    Ok a little confused, Jan took smelt, not glacier smelts, which I brought twenty to Jan. The post above says Glacier smelts, so is there any purpose for the glacier smelt? or are they just a red herring? Just curious because above it says "Bring Jan some Glacier Smelts to receive rewards depending on the amount you bring him. Please be aware the Phishy Phobia in Physis quest must be in progress to receive the rewards." We could use some clarification. Thank you.

The regular smelts are for the daily quest so you can get 30 more bait. The glacier smelts are for the other quest Phishy Phobia in Physis, it isn't a daily quest and thats what the rewards are for on the bottom of the announcement. I hope I made sense if not I'm sorry ><
    KatherzKisaraya
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Ok, thank you.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    Also question does the Ice Fishing rod give any fishing bonuses or is it just for looks? Sorry just curious.
    Marrow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Also question does the Ice Fishing rod give any fishing bonuses or is it just for looks? Sorry just curious.

Curious about this too, but we should find out pretty shortly
    Marrow
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    So finally uncovered a fishin' hole in the ice..... No beeps or light, just use the landmaker action not 'X'
    Srsly?!?! I've been runnin' 'round for nuthin'! OTL
    lack of correct/detailed instructions + annoyin'ly simple solution = table flip
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    So finally uncovered a fishin' hole in the ice..... No beeps or light, just use the landmaker action not 'X'
    Srsly?!?! I've been runnin' 'round for nuthin'! OTL
    lack of correct/detailed instructions + annoyin'ly simple solution = table flip

If you talk to the guy, he tells you to use Land Maker.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I'm bad at math so correct me if I'm wrong but I think we get 3,150 bait if we log in every day and do the daily with regular smelts:

Between Jan. 18 - Feb. 7 there's 15 weekdays and 6 days of the weekends
    (100 a day from log in x 21 days) + (30 a day from daily quest x 21 days) + (70 from hot day x 6 days of weekend) = 3,150 bait

If we get like 15 glacier smelt from 130 bait AFK fishing at r1 that's gonna be around 360 glacier smelts:

15/130 = 0.115 chance of glacier smelt per bait
    0.115 chance * 3,150 bait = 363.46 glacier smelts

Since we need 300 smelts for the chair its cutting it a little closer than I'd like. I'm still testing how much canceling everything but 'a small catch' boosts glacier smelt haul
    Marrow
  • MarrowMarrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    So do glacier smelt count as fish, or as items?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Marrow wrote: »
    So do glacier smelt count as fish, or as items?

Fish
    You can just manual fish for "its a small catch... What should i do?"
    to do that just cancel the skill when the text says anything other than its a small catch
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I did miss stopping the skill when I caught an item several times due to not paying attention and wasted some bait but,

With a regular fishing rod and 93 small fish catches I got 35 glacier smelt and 58 regular smelts. So that's a 32.55% event fish rate out of small catches. Tho there may have been a couple of lamprey in there.

But I got enough for the ice fishing rod cus I already had like 12 from yesterday. With my remaining bait and the ice rod I got 16 glacier smelts and 22 regular smelts, and a couple lampreys and a sturgeon or two. So that's in the vicinity of 42% event fish. So either the ice rod does help a bit or chance can just can fluctuate a lot, I'll see more tomorrow
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I got 14 in about 40 bait.
    however it took me like two hours just to get 14 of them...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Opalthira wrote: »
    I got 14 in about 40 bait.
    however it took me like two hours just to get 14 of them...

Like i said... Not worth it lol. 4th day and i already have 107 Glacier Smelt just by afking.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    not sure if the Ice Fishing Rod increases chances for catching glacier smelt fish or not. I caught 13 glacier smelts with with about 60 bait afk fishing with the Ice Fishing Rod. also even though the Ice Fishing Rod says it needs special bait feeder to catch fish in the description it still appears to work fine with a normal tin of bait.