Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

unwritten rules and strategies for others to know

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in General Chat
anyone knows some unwritten rules and strategies for newbies and and long time returnees

like luring strategies for white dragon raid
prohibited skills during duels
and many more that other payers may not know
please give examples to help them
or simply share strategies that u were able to come up with
VitulaKrissyPootel

Comments

• courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited January 23, 2018
    Here's some tips and strategies that I thought of! Hope they come in handy C:

1. Carpentry Tip: So.. you know Ascon? The guy at the lighthouse in Port Cobh... He offers a part time job starting @ 4pm game time. Tip is-- set up 4 or 5 of your alt characters (on the same acct as your main character) in front of Ascon. When it hits about 5pm game time hop on one of these alts, get the part time job quest, but instead of doing the quest, just throw the wood Ascon gives you in one of your bank tabs, to transfer to the character you are ranking carpentry on. Rinse and repeat for each alt. You have until 11pm gametime to get as many alts in as possible. You can use this wood on the carpentry table to help rank it. I found it useful for the finest wood requirements.

Another quick tip.. some people forget/may not know Emain Macha has carpentry benches next to the puppeteer, so if it's not raining in Dugald Aisle you can always pop over to Emain and see if it's raining there fo9r when you need to sign bows.

2. Commerce Mastery: Small tip, You can turn each item from your commerce trade in one at a time. This comes in handy if you are trying to rank it quickly. The first time I ranked commerce mastery I didn't realize I could do this, and I was turning in each commerce load all at once and not getting as much EXP as I could have been :P.

3. Herbalism: I think most people are aware of this, but in Ant Hell/Solea you can use an L-rod or Demigod to uncover all sorts of herbs. It's especially useful to go there for poison, antidote, and mandrake herbs.

4. Potion Making: Save all your wound pots, poison pots, and antidote pots. Find a r1 fragmenter and get them to fragment your potions back into herbs. It saves alot of time and effort.

5. Refining: Similar to potion making save all your ingots. Find a r1 fragmenter and get them to fragment your ingots back into ores.

6. Weaving: Similar to the Carpentry tip, you can use Walter in Dunbarton to get cheap leather, common leathers, and thin/thick threads for braids. You can use your alts to transfer these mats to the character you are ranking weaving on. Also! make sure you save all your silks. When it comes time you can have a r1 fragmenter frag your silks to get back the thin threads.

Extra Random Tips:

1. Save your 8 - 10 cm emeralds for Voight. Drag and drop them and you'll have a shot at getting Gargoyle Statues. C:

2. Ice spear zombies in TNN then cast a magic shield about 3 - 4 seconds next to the zombies that you just ice speared. Watch your magic shields magically get EXP. (a friend shared this with me a few years ago & I have a youtube video on it if you want to search it up for more of a visual).

3. Trying to rank Life Drain or Respite? Request a duel from a friend who has hydra ranked. Let them hydra you into deadly. You can then end the duel, train the skills, and rinse and repeat this as necessary (or as much as your friend can stand =D).
    offwithyourheadsOdinwolfeSpiritikaKrissyPootelTwelie
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Make wood from ascon untradable. Got it.
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    courtneyy wrote: »
    Here's some tips and strategies that I thought of! Hope they come in handy C:

1. Carpentry Tip: So.. you know Ascon?
    1. Save your 8 - 10 cm emeralds for Voight. Drag and drop them and you'll have a shot at getting Gargoyle Statues. C:

Im sorry, what???
    Threads like this make me mad. I always feel so outa the loop.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Well, if we are talking new players/starting the game in general...
    1. Do not choose Dual Guns, Puppets, Ninja, Chain Blades as your first talent, as they are dual stat talents and require previous investment from other talents.
    2. Do not start with battle alchemy. Just trust me on this one. Don't
    3. The real beginner talents are warrior, archery, and magic, due to being straightforward to use, easy to learn, and with their respective main stat coming from their own skills. They also give stats allowing you to easily jump into other talents.
    4. Life skills are really good, do them.
    5. Your current level is meaningless until you have gained at least 10,000 or more total levels. Always rebirth.
    6. No matter what certain people tell you, do not stay under total level 1000 for the sake of repeating the use of resets under the illusion of "getting stronger", as this causes you to miss out on a vastly important amount of AP you could have obtained from not doing so. You also get benefits after total 1000 such as free stats, rebirth potions, and other important items. I am sick of finding players that have been around a while and should be competent and strong, only to find out they spend half a year or more not rebirthing to be under total 1000.
    7. The white and black dragons are meaningless until late game, ignore everything related to them.
    8. No, I don't know why Divine Knights is given to people so early. It honestly might be one of the worst decisions in the game due to the sheer difficulty of the storyline compared to others, and that it confuses new players regarding the plot. Who knows, some might jump into it right away and think the game is unfair and quit because of it...
    9. Your actual growth is not from levels, but stats. You get stats from skills. Train your skills.
    10. Taming is a useless talent with zero benefit to being ranked.
    11. When events are around, you are able to sell the prizes for gold. Don't shy away from doing this, as having some form of gold is immensely helpful early on.
    12. Using weaker weapons is not a bad thing. You must always pay attention to repair costs.
    13. Don't talk to Ferghus.
    14. Don't look at Ferghus.
    15. Do not skip generation quests, and do them in order. This is because they give vital skills, knowledge, AP, free gold and armor, and in some cases access to extremely helpful areas for training certain skills.
    16. Do not be afraid of asking for help in game. Don't try to solo everything.
    17. Join a guild. No seriously, do it. Especially on the lower population servers. Makes it far easier to get help and just meet people in general.
    18. Every saturday night, a banquet takes place at Rath Royal Castle around 7pm PST/10pm EST. If you don't know the way there, ask someone to take you. If they refuse, they are too lazy to take 30 seconds of their time to carry you through a moon gate. Always be sure to go to the banquet as it gives experience for just being there. Enough to reach level 40, which is big for newer players.
    19. Read the forums, stay informed, pay attention to things, and be a good little cinnamon roll.
    20. Never believe the "game is dying" threads, as those have been around since the game's inception. Almost 10 years ago.
    Gaby5011BlissfulkillGretaJazmynNaomii66offwithyourheadsVeylaineOdinwolfeYokkaichiNewbieChainand 8 others.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 23, 2018
    Let me see...
    ~Don't use divine link during dragon of sidhe spawns. Just evade and Lb spam to easy mode clear it. And save U from the headache.
    ~Meteor strike+meteor stike(bachram reset)+bachram explosion is new meta Nuking strat.(build bachram on ur own spikes/EvG/DkvPally/PVP b4 boss room)
    ~U can set a target and spam spinning slasher without needing to aim.

Your welcome. ;) :* o:) <3
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Well, if we are talking new players/starting the game in general...
    1. No matter what certain people tell you, do not stay under total level 1000 for the sake of repeating the use of resets under the illusion of "getting stronger", as this causes you to miss out on a vastly important amount of AP you could have obtained from not doing so. You also get benefits after total 1000 such as free stats, rebirth potions, and other important items. I am sick of finding players that have been around a while and should be competent and strong, only to find out they spend half a year or more not rebirthing to be under total 1000.

2. The white and black dragons are meaningless until late game, ignore everything related to them.
    That is honestly depends on your play style. I stayed under 1k for around a year because it's so convenient to train skills. Then I have only a few skills left unranked and feels like I'm ready to go over 1k, and did it during 2x AP event. Now the only thing I need to do is to gather AP. I played for a year and a half now and am now nearly 8k ttl, having 1.1k str and 1.2k int after a rebirth. Tbh, I don't know if that's good or not at this total level but I can solo most stuff now except the truly end game ones like phantasm.

White and black dragons are a pretty good method to make money though if you're online during the raid time, and you don't need to be super strong for that. Just need to get over 1k contribution at least.
    Carlize
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 23, 2018
    A particularly egregious one

"" If you see an old friend from over four years ago, immediately CC instead of saying hi. ""

So as to never know what became of eachother
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Someone should write unwritten rules for girg hardmode for ring drop too. And Lord Cavern, Idek if there's one because some party lures Merrow away from the ghosts, and some just attacked head on and end up not minding being fireball-ed by the ghost..
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 23, 2018
    When mining in Hillwen Mine, try to kill only those in the very area (in the immediate area) you are working at; the rest will despawn and disappear over time. Some may get the Ancient title in a much extended period.
    In Shyllien Reserve the same can be said however, over time the horde will eventually respawn on the spaces that are not occupied where you are not gathering or where no one else is around.
    • Monsters will appear slowly if they are killed one at a time and they will appear in hordes if they are killed at the same time together.
    • Some monsters will respawn with the effects animation from the last skill used on them like Chain Crush's stun effect will cause a monster to appear with the spinning stars if they suffered from it previously.
    • Killing mobs and hordes of monsters will have them spawn in 2 manners: they will respawn more frequently in the area you killed them; they will respawn far away from where you killed them.
      • The first instance of respawn is to make you the player move around to prevent camping penalty while the second instance is by triggering the camping penalty which has the horde respawn far away to benefit only those that need to gather or harvest materials and ingredients such as herbs and ores.
      • The respawn may cause more to appear to challenge the player to either make them leave if the horde becomes too difficult to defeat while also decreasing the odds to make the drop rate of items since more and more monsters appear. When camping penalty is triggered the drop rate also decrease since hardly any monster appear if not they are not where the player is hunting; the player either waits or finds another horde.
    • Hunting a particular item from a specific monster is not random, this applies to the Huge Lucky from monsters and deposits, veins, and herb patches too. Each monster, herb patch, ore vein, and deposit will drop that item and result in a Huge Lucky infrequently but will have the highest rate of getting the drop or Huge Lucky. This resets after each maintenance and is shifted to another monster, ore vein, deposit, etc.. I found out about this after hunting for dorcha crystals, ores and gathering herbs for a whole week. It shifted after each maintenance.
    • Each channel has their own respawn area for each monster.
    • Monsters will always walk or run back to where they originally spawn from if they move far away; this happens if they chased the player or are lured away. Some will stay put if their AI doesn't allow them to return to a specific place (like Golems or mimics).
    I am talking about field monsters here. Bandits in disguise and bandit hunting is part of a dungeon or shadow mission and have a different way of working I noticed.

This is just my experience after harvesting at Hillwen Mine and Shyllien Reserve, and at other places where you can gather; others may see it differently.
    Spiritika
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    They really should make Dual Guns, Puppets, Ninja, Chain Blades have prerequisites, unlocked once other core talents have been mastered.
    NewbieChainBehelitClovis15
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    I highly disagree about Puppets and Chains being something thats super noobie unfriendly. I always tell people to pick combat/fighter(before fighter broke) to get the basics of combat, but Puppets and Chain stand on their own enough to work well without worrying about stats to back it up. Hell, MAGIC takes longer to get decent at, because of all the AP you need.
    iopialaska
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    So its not really a rule or strategy or anything but a few times I've seen newer players try to avoid getting over 1k to avoid having to do generations on higher difficulty. Don't do that, g9-13 have missions locked at Int and g14-16 at adv regardless of level. Saga and g19 are the only ones that scale.
    Greta
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Always keep your beginner weapon.
    It doesnt matter really which stats it has, you can still one hit with it.
    That is really important since beginner weapons are pretty cheap with repair.
  • etrietri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    • The wiki is a life saver. Use it.
    • Camping under TTL 1000 has its benefits, however personally I wouldn't camp under it for longer than necessary? This is entirely subjective, but hitting Expert in a handful of talents gives you enough AP to act as a solid foundation. Trying to master / R1 everything will burn you out and kill your will to play the game. (but again, this is subjective.)
    • Try to do G19 as soon as possible, preferably before you leave 1k. I found Girgashiy to be a massive pain to deal on hard difficulty.
    • In fact, do G20 as well - Divine Link is a very, very useful skill. (serves as aggro control, lets pets tank dmg, boosts your stats a little)
    • Alchemy is OK. Just okay. It does decent dmg when starting out, yet cylinders are costly to repair. If you go into alchemy, I recommend resetting your skills before you leave 1k.
    • Do Festia dalies. Spam clobbermeister or if you can manage to grab someone to play other minigames with you. Hitting certain objectives will earn you AP, pets, bags and potentially a 30-40m female wig from the boxes.
    • Chain Slash does decent damage at low levels, however skill training is grindy. At the very least, do the skill quest to pick up Bachram boost.
    • When it comes to races, play what you want. If you don't want to worry about the meta, then don't. In regards to the meta: Humans are balanced and have Final Hit, Elves move the fastest and excel at archery (highest singletarget DPS at endgame), at the cost of melee (read: anything that scales off strength) but are very latency reliant. Giants excel at melee (highest aoe dps at endgame) and can become very tanky.
    JazmynSpiritika
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    A particularly egregious one

"" If you see an old friend from over four years ago, immediately CC instead of saying hi. ""

So as to never know what became of eachother

Chances are that if you are both still playing, the two of you likely haven't progressed much in life. >:)

tumblr_omvkl2SzeK1ql0375o1_500.gif
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    edited January 27, 2018
    Using a campfire will increase the damage of archery skills when using a bow by 50%. If you are a human, using Arrow Revolver neear a campfire is smart.

The best way to use poison if you don't want to worry about being hit is to use a bow. You'll uaually have 5 hits before the poison effect goes away on the weapon.
This discussion has been closed.