Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED INFO] Winter Fishing Event

Comments

• YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    What I think kinda sucks based on the smelt rate is that in order to get to those higher up prizes you first have to get the crappy ones first, using up smelt. Meaning you might not even be able to get the chair in the end.
    JazmynShadoe
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Yombo wrote: »
    What I think kinda sucks based on the smelt rate is that in order to get to those higher up prizes you first have to get the crappy ones first, using up smelt. Meaning you might not even be able to get the chair in the end.
    You always have the option of actually trying and not afking
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Yombo wrote: »

If you have rank 1 fishing you can get like 10 glacier smelts an hour.
    As compared to a rank novice getting 14 every 2 hours.
  • NesieNesie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Is there any reason why gems have to be the most common reward for this event? When I saw that there were SE pots in the reward list I thought it might be worth it, but no. Out of hundreds of traps I barely got anything. What a waste of my time. I'll do these dumb events when I stop getting gems.
    YangKoete
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    edited January 21, 2018
    Yeah main thing I was looking forward to was trying to get SE hp potions instead I'm just getting gems. Also wish they came more then just single potions. :/
    NesieMottleypZeoYangKoete
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    I got like a 37% catch rate today. 53 glacier and 89 regular (lost 58 bait to not paying attention & getting fish traps and a few sturgeon and lampreys) Got a 297cm sturgeon x.x why can't you be 300cm :'(

probs gonna just AFK the rest of it cus it's really not worth the time invested, but maybe the event title helps this event more than Nishida? 20 more fish and I'll find out :o
    Iyasenu
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    So I don't have a really large sample size yet but I think the ice fisher title increases glacier smelt by a decent amount. I only had 19 bait left after I got enough for the title, but I got 11 glacier smelt, 1 lamprey, and 7 regular smelt desismileys_3266.gif thats nearly 58%. needs a better sample size but looks good tbh
  • WindproWindpro
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Do these quests reset at 12am or 7am?
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    :fish:
    Windpro wrote: »
    Do these quests reset at 12am or 7am?

I think the smelt quest resets at 7 but the weekend hot day log in resets at 12, cus i stayed up really late over the weekend and got the 70 bait but not the quest, went to sleep XD
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    The event items are not tradeable.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Opalthira wrote: »

You mean the ones you get for giving Glacier Smelt?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Greta wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »

You mean the ones you get for giving Glacier Smelt?

Yes.
    I wouldnt be surprised if the bag isnt tradeable too.
    Jazmyn
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    edited January 24, 2018
    But are the glaciers themselves tradeable? Also, the title does help a good bit, as does the rod, id say- im r1 fishing and offhand id say its nearly doubled my chances. Im getting far more glaciers than reg smelt now. Also using the fishing legend title but not sure that changes anything?
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    edited January 24, 2018
    Aaaaand i just afk it bc im lazy like that :D
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    edited January 24, 2018
    Tbph idrc about the chair itself-i rarely use the ones i have. Speaking of, that rocking horse-just looks sooo wrong when you use it nexon-whhhyyyy?? Lmbo :D. Sorry for the tangent- blame my add lol
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Tbph idrc about the chair itself-i rarely use the ones i have. Speaking of, that rocking horse-just looks sooo wrong when you use it nexon-whhhyyyy?? Lmbo :D. Sorry for the tangent- blame my add lol

it looks even worst if a player wears a bald wig (sold by Price) while using the rocking horse chair :)
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Negumiko wrote: »

it looks even worst if a player wears a bald wig (sold by Price) while using the rocking horse chair :)

I can imagine :p. Try rebirthing young AND the wig :D
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Benjamin buttons has nothing on this creepiness lol
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Aaaanyways, adonis+both titles+rod=lotsa fishies for jans aquaphobic seal-overall this quests fairly meh but i ccan always use ego foods and im happy for the mountain of seeds-however i dont use pots really (i have 5 nimbus) so unlike many ppl it seems, those are useless to me atm.
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Aaaanyways, adonis+both titles+rod=lotsa fishies for jans aquaphobic seal-overall this quests fairly meh but i ccan always use ego foods and im happy for the mountain of seeds-however i dont use pots really (i have 5 nimbus) so unlike many ppl it seems, those are useless to me atm.

What titles are you referring to? Also what rod? I only know of the 2nd titles that have anything to do with fishing. The item pole shouldn't count towards getting fish, as it's an item pole. The ice pole just seems to have more durability but nowhere on it does it say if gives you anything extra.