Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

More Balanced Elves?

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Gosh @Julie. You're freaking sexy! I want you as my elf, all for myself! <3
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Julie wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    You still playing Mabinogi?

no not really but i still wanna discuss :D

You'll never be on my level Julie. :trollface:
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030

yes lets get married <3
    Gaea wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5181614

watch me
    BlissfulkillGaby5011
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

yes lets get married <3
    Gaea wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=5181614

watch me

f25.gif
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Alignment wrote: »
    Elves have the strongest end game out of all the races even before Chain Slash came out. Just takes a while to get there.

i coulda sworn that would be humans since they been getting the most attention :o
    Human is the weakest race at end game. But since the majority of the players are not at that level, they think human is broken lul
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited January 23, 2018
    People takin like reforge RNG dont make race meaningless end game.

Paxseko
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Unisex wrote: »

It doesn't, as endgame uses specific reforges.
    Nilrem
  • JulieJulie
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

also one of the reasons why i dont play anymore.
    Paxseko
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

You sure?
  • JulieJulie

You sure?

100.1% sure
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 26, 2018

You sure?

100.1% sure

Then why are you still here? Why you keep bringing that up? Are you trying to convince yourself to not play the game this way?
    I don't understand your motive here.
    PaxsekoSylviaWolfe
  • JulieJulie

You sure?

100.1% sure

Then why are you still here? Why you keep bringing that up? Are you trying to convince yourself to not play the game this way?

i like having discussions in a place made to have discussions with a game i used to love.
  • Kirito4332Kirito4332
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    I don't think this game need balance right now. with the FH,elf,giant update and shine of eweca we had, in my opinion,race are pretty balance atm.

Human are good at everything
    elf are godlike range
    giant are godlike melee

find it nice that way srs.(the only thing I would change is human eweca thing, movespeed kinda useless)

now human have FH and it's kinda broken,beside on endgame content where mob have instinc reaction and heavystander and stuff, if you have reforge it's even better. they are good at range stuff magic stuff melee stuff, can do all skill three etc etc

now elf are freaking GOOOOOOODlike ranger(what they should have alway been) their shine of eweca thing just so good, they have better move speed so even better kiting(yeah sometime in NA kiting is laggy but still) at erly I agree elf feel kinda worst. but if you can achieve gear+reforge+stat+etc you just become sooooo strong and your at 10000000 miles of your enemy. they are rly great at everything else srs, people who cry ove some STR we don't have, mannn it's not a big deal you will do tons of damage pup,gun.ninja even with that little STR we don't have. + they are rly good at magic cause movespeed,it rly help

Now giant are the god of melee, they have windguard kinda like fh for human if you have reforge it's even better. they are super tanky they have insane aoe in windguard. they have new armor that give them even more def magic def etc. but yeah they are not the best range lol. not the best mage cause they can't have int in leveling etc.

so for me all the crying over oooh boost my race plz. why elf have less str, why this ,why that. welp just switch race? xD I saw so much people complaining about elf all day, cause they want this or that or this. welp if your thattttttt much not happy about elf nad you HATE range and your so angry about nexon cause the shine of eweca is for range only nad IT SUCK SO MUCH WOW NEXON WTH, welp switch dam race and stop crying xD

elf are better at soloing hard content if you have good gear.human are good at speed some of the content cause of their FH. elf eweca thing id godlike,giant one is rly good just pure damage human one suck w/e

idk but, just feel like race never have been that balanced before, just feel so right right now :)

Opalthirabunny11
  • GretaGreta

You sure?

100.1% sure

i like having discussions in a place made to have discussions with a game i used to love.

Shouldn't you sever all ties with something that you don't love anymore...?
  • JulieJulie
    edited January 26, 2018

why should I? why not just have some harmless discussions about it? why not socialize about it? you dont get it? im not very wasteful.

And besides, its fun and interesting to do.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

why should I? why not just have some harmless discussions about it? why not socialize about it? you dont get it? im not very wasteful.

Sounds like you have no one to hold you at night. :|

*Holds you instead

1405718768086.gif
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Though Elves are OP in their own way, I've done alot of mindless research on the upsides and downsides to all races including their stats and upgrade potential.
    Humans are equally as OP if not more.
    although an Elf can cast with less mana cost- there are so many ways to regain mana without potions now that it doesnt matter.
    Dex is a great stat for most any talent due to its Physical Damage Armor Pierce, but due to Elf's being main INT and DEX
    they dont go well together, so being an Archer Mage, is a bad idea - since the Dex only works for Physical damage, not Magic damage.
    while the INT only increases magic def and Magic attack - and Mirage Missile is but 1 skill.
    -
    while the giants get STR and WILL - which go with everything, both increase Defense(STR gives Def, Will gives Magic Protection)
    and increase survivability.
    however, giants are stronger in combat ability then human or elf, they lack in speed, its harder for them to clear out a room fast.
    they're meant as Tanks. which is why they are buffed whenever something big changes.
    even though from first glace Giants appear to be the best race, they lack in speed- and at end game with all skills maxed lack 400 dex
    removing alot of Armor pierce for a race that mains in Melee damage which is hurtful end game.
    due to most End Game being solo fights against time or fights against def ignoring foes left and right.
    -
    Elves however, Cant take a hit... at the start of the game, they only lose 200 STR over a human, which is only 20 defense.
    Archer and Mage are still great classes at the end of the game. while Warrior is crap without dex-
    and while STR is 10x easier to max then Dex due to life skills - getting 800 STR on an elf shouldnt take long at which point your Def is right up there with Humans.
    you have Mirage Missile which increase its damage off Int and Dex - doesnt pull aggro. making it automaticly the most OP skill in the game even if it's reduced by defenses. it even slows the enemy down by 55% has a 2 second cooldown, and lasts for 20 seconds.
    -
    although all races have their downsides, and OP features.
    for example Dark knight can remain in dark knight forever with rank 1 party heal and Bachram buff - giving a major boost to resistance and stats.
    Giants are un-killable after a point, without the use of wind guard.
    and Elfs have Mirage Missile, shot 3 arrows at once- can counter all downsides through reforges or upgrades, speed... mount archery. higher dex without the need of hellish life skill training. - lol
    but being able to remain in your Transformation forever, is the most OP thing in the game.
    -
    If anything, Elfs and Giants need Transformation revamp. and nexon needs to fix fighter as it removes 4 hotkeys due to its whole F1 - F2 bull, as it reduces Giants potential if they dont stop using F1/F2 or Shift+ F1/F2 which is hard due to no hotkey customization... for your actual abilities.
    -
    Summary:
    The Races Are As They Should Be.
    Though Giant Is A Support Race And Should Be Marked As Such.
    There Are No Glass Cannon Races, Just Bad Investment Choices.
    Elfs Have Features like Mounted Archery, That Should Be Accessible By Humans. - But Aside From That Nothing Major.
    Neither Human or Elf Are Better Then The Other.
    And Giants Are OP Just Not As OP More Of a Utility Belt lol
  • ShiftyShifty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Zebadiah wrote: »
    -snip-

lol?
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760

So? In the end, the person with the better reforges will be the stronger person. Doesnt matter what race you are. Very rarely are you gonna find two people of different races rocking perfect 20/20/20 on ALL reforges they want. Only then would it really "matter"(Massive airquotes on that,) what race is stronger.
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690

Wouldn't the fact that you don't play the game kinda make your opinions about the game dated?
    GretaBlissfulkillLutetiumSylviaWolfe
This discussion has been closed.