Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Paladin vs Dark knight

AyaatoAyaato
Mabinogi Rep: 800
edited January 27, 2018 in General Chat
This is not the obvious pally vs dk as always.
What i ask you, is to imagine two humans,all the skills r1 for every talent, stats cap, end game, same equipment, one is Champion, one is Infra Black. Same playstyle. Who would win for you in a pvp while transformed?

Comments

• SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Whoever hits first, honestly.
  • AyaatoAyaato
    hahaha yeah, maybe it is this. i always hear everyone telling me to remain a paladin but i think dark knight is as good as paladin, also in melee, thanks to his passives.
  • PersicaPersica
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    I thought it was common knowledge that dark knight is more powerful? Either way I prefer Paladin. o:)
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    it would also depend on what weapons each of them are using. DK gives more str and mp so they would be better with swords and magic attacks. Paladin gives a will and stam boost so they would be better with martial arts and other high stamina consuming skills. also Paladins have a time limit and DK bleeds but stays transformed, depending on the situation and player a DK could win because of this if they can avoid taking damage from their opponent.
  • AyaatoAyaato
    edited January 27, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    it would also depend on what weapons each of them are using. DK gives more str and mp so they would be better with swords and magic attacks. Paladin gives a will and stam boost so they would be better with martial arts and other high stamina consuming skills. also Paladins have a time limit and DK bleeds but stays transformed, depending on the situation and player a DK could win because of this if they can avoid taking damage from their opponent.
    Well if someone use just martial art obviously pally is better but for example fighter/gunner, fighter/magic is better dk

Persica wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that dark knight is more powerful? Either way I prefer Paladin. o:)

why do you think he is more powerfull? i thought in end game was better to have minmax boost and def and prot boost then stats roll

• downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Isn't it Paladin? INT is useless at end game since transformation cannot break through the 1500 cap, also wiki has this note

"Note: A Dark Knight does not receive 60% - 180% of their own base stats. They receive that % modifier of the transformation's base stats (e.g. A Dark Knight with Rank F Body of Chaos has 100 base Strength, and the player has 250 base Strength. They will only get +60, +100, or +180 Strength; original stats have no effect on this.). Therefore a Dark Knight's Strength, and Dexterity will always be less than a Paladin of an equal rank, unless a 180% roll is received."

Also Paladin got +34 Max Damage and PDEF + MDEF bonuses, though Dark Knight seems to got that additional life roll.
  • AyaatoAyaato
    edited January 27, 2018
    downbook wrote: »
    Isn't it Paladin? INT is useless at end game since transformation cannot break through the 1500 cap, also wiki has this note

"Note: A Dark Knight does not receive 60% - 180% of their own base stats. They receive that % modifier of the transformation's base stats (e.g. A Dark Knight with Rank F Body of Chaos has 100 base Strength, and the player has 250 base Strength. They will only get +60, +100, or +180 Strength; original stats have no effect on this.). Therefore a Dark Knight's Strength, and Dexterity will always be less than a Paladin of an equal rank, unless a 180% roll is received."

Also Paladin got +34 Max Damage and PDEF + MDEF bonuses, though Dark Knight seems to got that additional life roll.
    Well i mainly do melee but i think i will switch to dk for the look and for their ideals. According on what i read, paladin is better in end game, but i have never seen a end game player transforming. Also the hp boost and passive always activated is something really good for me. Also you gain more hp, so if you know how to handle a combo with fighter and some magic you can be enough dangerous also with dk. I know it has more minmax the pally, but a good equipment can keep you in life.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited January 27, 2018
    If you had two characters capped out, one pally, and one DK stand next to each other. No enchants, or reforges, and all stats are capped at 1500, it would be the paladins that are stronger because of Sword of Order, which adds straight max damage to everything without stat upgrade. DK's were only superior when they first came out only because of the buffs in stats. And that is only because no one could even conceive being so close to max stats back then. But now, that isn't even a factor anymore. So in other words. It's about who wins the end game, not the beginning.
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Ayaato wrote: »
    paladin is better in end game, but i have never seen a end game player transforming.

Perhaps not in regular runs due to titles, but I do recall them transforming alot in Phatasma runs, think mainly for survivability.
  • AyaatoAyaato
    Well of course pally is for defence purpose while dk for damage i think. While in end game.. pally still a defence thing but dk... well it gives lot of hp and more mp wich can be used to heal yourself and to cast some magic... Well probably being a dk just sucks in end game
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    i like em both but i root for the paladin
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 28, 2018
    I'd want them Rng Passives from pally. With the way meta game is design over crazy one shots and multi-aggro I'd take the knockdown I-frame 2 prepare a counter maneuver than gets killed by wutever was about to gang on me after the first mob triggers my passive. :o
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited February 1, 2018
    Persica wrote: »

i always thought DK is <Potential> stronger in stat Roll and Paladin way better for <Stability>
    the only real benefit of DK i guess is INT stat which paladin doesn't have and indefinitely Transf Times (potion-pets spamming)

any Int based talents DK will always be better i guess than Paladin in term of dmg wise

edit: theoretically if you rebirth enough paladin can maintain the transformation until next in game day,each rebirths up to 6 mins is +7 sec, after 6mins each rebirth give +1 sec which mean 1800 rebirths and you can last for 36 minutes B)

by rebirthing a new character without lv up after 3 years you can reach 1k rebirths XD + rebirth potion and stuff even faster the trick is using the daily rebirth before reaching 1k lv