Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

More Balanced Elves?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    SirRyu wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Shouldn't you sever all ties with something that you don't love anymore...?

why should I? why not just have some harmless discussions about it? why not socialize about it? you dont get it? im not very wasteful.

And besides, its fun and interesting to do.

Wouldn't the fact that you don't play the game kinda make your opinions about the game dated?

Indeed. And irrelevant.
    SylviaWolfe
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 26, 2018
    Light of Ladeca makes bows great/quite feasible. The Chain talent also make Elves into hard hitting DPS machines. Level 100 is literally a few hours work when considering Baltane missions giving ludicrous amounts of exp from monster kills.

I am pretty sure Julie is hoping to reignite the old debate on Elves and their place in game, but I don't think there is much to argue about.

As an elf, I find it difficult to die if I exercise a modicum of sense. Usually, fireballs and hardhitting mobs put me down. (Rabbie Phantasm?)
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 26, 2018

why should I? why not just have some harmless discussions about it? why not socialize about it? you dont get it? im not very wasteful.

Wouldn't the fact that you don't play the game kinda make your opinions about the game dated?

youre both missing the point of this thread, i made it to create a discussion about elves, its not solely about my opinions.

do you both fear discussions that much that you need to shut someone else down because you think they cant gain knowledge or hear opinions from others like threads like these?

Do you have any valid complaints?
  • ZebadiahZebadiah
    Mabinogi Rep: 440
    Shifty wrote: »
    Zebadiah wrote: »
    -snip-

lol?

the " - " helps those with dyslexia, its become a habit.
  • JulieJulie
    Zebadiah wrote: »
    too long to quote
    "mindless research" i never thought id see those two words together like that

and a lot of people before have argued that elves would be suited for support because archery was more of a support thing for them.

not to mention that a lot of their exclusive quirks also tend to be useful situationally, though im not sure how things work these days and what missions or quests do work these days things like mounted archery wasnt all that great when you were trapped inside a tiny room, but i think the worst offense is when luck became a factor in your chances of hitting.

but hey i think the balance line at this point is so blurred in the game because i dont think devcat bothered doing much balancing in the last years that you just cant tell what would be balanced

and also reforges is the all mighty answer to everything similar to how people say that it was because "god made it" while trying to discover a scientific answer to things.

the top endgame is rolling a bunch of dices to reach the top rather than working your way there.

Joey-Tribianni-Shrug-Friends.gif

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I mean, a while back when I was an elf trying to rely near-solely on archery with "eh" gear, sure it felt weak and like a waste of time in comparison to humans stip-stepping through content with dual wield/final hit. Fortunately we have other things like magic, and newer things like chain skills to fill in the gaps when it comes to clearing content. I mean, any gear needs reforging at a certain point when you're worried about doing the absolute maximum amount of damage at any time. Maybe it's because I'm not endgame enough or something, but for where I'm at in the mid-game I'm feeling pretty okay as an elf now that some changes have been made. I feel like we're getting to a point where bringing up elves being "bad" is more of a meme or expired concept than anything. Tbh the only time I feel left out as an elf these days is when an event makes items unequippable to our race (I'm looking at you maplestory crossover headphones).
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    elf was broken form the start. i remember i did bounty hunt when my elf 300lvl total with magnum shot spam on nightmare horse for exp. only thing that was holding me didnt play elf was latency and i live in Australia. the lag was so horrible. now i regret it that i didnt build much elf. elf is too perfect now with urgent shot and chainblade which provide close combat type and it use dex and luck. it is not fair just dex and luck then elf can do end game content, which human and giant cant do.
    at least give human able to shot when riding pet.
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    i cant explian this. it is out of my logic
    str-dex = puppet
    str-int = gun
    str-will = ninja
    wtf dex-luck = chain !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what logic is being apply?
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Ena wrote: »
    str-dex = puppet
    str-int = gun
    str-will = ninja

str-int = gun
    what logic is that? do you need str to throw your bullets harder?
    GretaRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 28, 2018
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    str-dex = puppet
    str-int = gun
    str-will = ninja

str-int = gun
    what logic is that? do you need str to throw your bullets harder?

And also... Do you need intelligence to pull the trigger? Chain Dex + Luck combo actually makes a lot of sense to be honest...
  • JulieJulie
    str-dex = puppet
    str-int = gun
    str-will = ninja

also it looks like devkitty is avoiding int-dex skillsets, must be because they hate elves or something :D
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Elves are fine.
    even without Magnum (y'all been relying on that too much)

What I DO wanna see is some magic update for elves.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

youre both missing the point of this thread, i made it to create a discussion about elves, its not solely about my opinions.

do you both fear discussions that much that you need to shut someone else down because you think they cant gain knowledge or hear opinions from others like threads like these?

Do you have any valid complaints?
    Yes, you're stating your opinion as if you still played, hence the no "it's fine" option. You can't say it's about open discussion then have the opening statement biased to the point of starting arguments.
    its not solely about my opinions.
    As I said above, the poll you made says otherwise.
    Greta
  • JulieJulie
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Yes, you're stating your opinion as if you still played, hence the no "it's fine" option. You can't say it's about open discussion then have the opening statement biased to the point of starting arguments.
    wrong

and

the poll i made was a light hearted approach

now lets stick to the topic.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    wrong

and

So my opinion can be wrong, but your's can't because the second someone says anything about it you just go FAKE NEWS WRONG...

You also just can't say "The poll was lighthearted" when it's a debate/discussion on game balance and you open with that.

Pre reforges they were fine, after reforges they were even better there hasn't been a single point in mabi I can think of that elves have been weak. Early on yes, we don't have a button to hit then drool on ourselves like humans do with final hit, but once you stop doing shadow wiz you can't just final hit everything.
  • JulieJulie
    wrong

and

So my opinion can be wrong, but your's can't because the second someone says anything about it you just go FAKE NEWS WRONG...

You also just can't say "The poll was lighthearted" when it's a debate/discussion on game balance and you open with that.

Pre reforges they were fine, after reforges they were even better there hasn't been a single point in mabi I can think of that elves have been weak. Early on yes, we don't have a button to hit then drool on ourselves like humans do with final hit, but once you stop doing shadow wiz you can't just final hit everything.
    yes its a discussion about elves, not about "my opinion" yes the poll is lighthearted to have a laugh but i guess some people have sticks between their buttcheeks and dont really get that, and i have been gathering information about this too, so even if im never going to put that to use, im still going to pull this through, if people think this thread is pointless theres also the option for them to ignore it instead of deliberately trying to derail.

I havent even sided on which part of this matter am i on at all so how in the world can you even argue that i have an outdated opinion. If something i say happens to be old and outdated then thats when you should start correcting me, because this thread is not about if i still play or not, that is irrelevant.

Now the reason why i would hate on reforges is due to the fact that this for the longest time has been used as the excuse for accepting the flaws of balance in this game, even though they require for you to purely rely on luck for hundreds of possible bonuses you could possibly get from them, and for the most part thats just pretty lame....

in my opinion of course. But if people feel a sense of pride and accomplishment with that who am i to judge? o:)

tenor.gif
    KagaKimCheolsu
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited February 2, 2018
    the best at baiting
    so good at baiting

a master, even

anyone curious of why this thread exist most likely a mix of nostalgia and depression paired with denial, just an average day really
    GretaSylviaWolfe
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Arguing has broken out already, only took 3 pages.

We should break this down.

1-Humans are just god tier at everything.
    2-Giants became their own class, and they are now actually viable and fun to play, you can even be very strong mages, and they are the strongest gunners.
    3-Elf's Only excel at Chain slash(not by much) and Archery. Their magnum spam along with Urgent shot is super great and deadly. Humans get AR, but Urgent shot doesn't benefit humans very well.

Elf's just need a whole new design. They need to go back, and redesign them and make them more unique. Don't buff them like giants got buffed, instead they need to just rework the entire race. All they are, is a much weaker looking human with slightly slender look and longer ears.

This is how it needs to go, and there is zero arguing it.

Giants - Excel at all hand to hand combat, like close combat, knight, fighter and Ninja.
    They should fail at Archery(which they do) and therefore fail at puppeteer(which they do)
    They should also be weak with magic(which they are not) and in turn made them the strongest gunners.

Humans - A balance of everything, which they are and maybe more.. lol

Elfs - Need to excel at Range(which they do but only with 1 skill (2 if you want to count Urgent shot) and Magic.
    They don't excel at magic, magic is very universal and pretty much is equal across the board for all races.
    Range in it's self is broken, mainly the early game and mid game. Their end game is "OP" some would say, but I would argue that and say that it's only OP with going nuts on reforges.

Simple fix -

Rework elf's as a whole(race)
    Fix Archery for early and mid game by taking some power from end game and adding it back into the early and mid game.
    To be honest, it would be a lot better if archery just got a proper over haul.
    Give Elf's a boost when it comes to range and magic.
    Let elf's become what they were meant to be (which was Mages and archers)

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You can buy all the reforges you need for archery for 10mil a piece.
    lmao
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Opalthira wrote: »
    You can buy all the reforges you need for archery for 10mil a piece.
    lmao

I have yet to see a bohemian glove with lvl 20 mag for 10m. And not 100m.
    Neyna
This discussion has been closed.