Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED INFO] Winter Fishing Event

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited January 27, 2018
    the MMO Junkie Moriko's 2nd title is working better for me then the Ice Fisher 2nd title. after using the Ice Fisher 2nd title I only got around 15 to 16 glacier smelts a day but with the Moriko's 2nd title I usually get 17 to 19 glacier smelts a day.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The chair is tradeable.
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    the chair is two wide and only one tall, pretty nice for saving some inventory space

tBmc0L3.jpg
    MizukiHayama
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited January 27, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The chair is tradeable.
    the chair is two wide and only one tall, pretty nice for saving some inventory space

tBmc0L3.jpg

Could one of you please let us know if you get bait still tomorrow? Thank you!
    YangKoete
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    Taking no chances here-trying for the glaciers/sturgeon i figure it says 'fishing'i use it-also upgraded the ice, idky seemed like the thing to do xD still dont know-are the glaciers tradeable? Ive gottem nearly all mine on my main but alts low rank..
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Finished the quest and still getting glaciers..my question now is: obviously this seal slew a bear-wheres his title? XD
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Taking no chances here-trying for the glaciers/sturgeon i figure it says 'fishing'i use it-also upgraded the ice, idky seemed like the thing to do xD still dont know-are the glaciers tradeable? Ive gottem nearly all mine on my main but alts low rank..

The glacier smelt are not tradeable. Just like the old traps.
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Well that bites..oh well, main finished-alts are no biggie. However, i do think after you finish the main quest glaciers shouldnt be fishable anymore. But thats one kittens opinion *shrug*
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    Btw just an opinion nexon, but you should create a new buyable bait for catching larger fish ;)
    Shadoe
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    if you got all your smelt already you can cancel the skill any time you get the popup about something small on the line... that usually means a fish. when it just says "something is on the line" it's a fish trap. of course you'll have to set your line back in every time you cancel but at least you'd stop getting smelt you no longer need
  • mintyminty
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Do you have to exchange glacier smelt for the rod/title first before you can exchange for the fishing chair?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    minty wrote: »
    Do you have to exchange glacier smelt for the rod/title first before you can exchange for the fishing chair?

Yes, you do.
    You have to get each previous prize before you can get the chair.

So all in all you need 300 glacier smelt to get the chair. 30 + 50 + 90 + 130
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited January 31, 2018
    Is everyone who completed the Phishy Phobia in Physis quest still receiving bait every day?

EDIT: Just incase anyone else is wondering, YES, you will get bait every day, even if you complete the quest for your chair.
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    edited February 1, 2018
    Bf got the bag lololol
    https://m.imgur.com/oJj9jmD
  • mintyminty
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Can we still get bait on Feb 7th (Wednesday)? Or is Tuesday the last day that we can get baits? Thanks!
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    minty wrote: »
    Can we still get bait on Feb 7th (Wednesday)? Or is Tuesday the last day that we can get baits? Thanks!

yes cause the event doesn't go down until early Thursday morning most likely at 7am. so you should still get your Wednesday bait.
  • ChocokittenChocokitten
    edited February 5, 2018
    Heres my thinking: the last day of the event they should have a shop for jan with all those excess glaciers we caught ( currently of which i have nearly 200) idc if all he trades them for are more golden exp fruit, it makes sense to me ( but then i am admittedly abit odd ha)
  • YukirenYukiren
    Mabinogi Rep: 950
    Can you still open the fish trap and get stuff even after event ends or you can only open them during the event?
  • R_M_ZingR_M_Zing
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Even missing a few days, Fishing being rank E when I started (it's 9 now because of the Zero Hero perks), I am poised to get the last reward before the event ends. I heard a bit of fretting about whether or not people could finish the event, but it seems to be fair now.
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I have opened 700+ traps on 5 chars and no bag. That's not counting the couple 100 on each character before I decided to stockpile. So yeah.....rng god hates me.