Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Premium vs VIP

CiriCiri
Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
edited January 26, 2018 in Item/Premium Shop
I just bought VIP but I saw in an earlier post that nexon removed stuff from it?

What exactly did they remove and is it worth getting either or anymore? I just mainly needed housing since I can never set up a shop and afk for the entire night and the times I'm on during the day, its practically impossible to open a shop in belvast especially with the constant lagging, I take one itty bitty step and boom! my elf is half way across the belvast area.

Comments

• Tsukuomi1Tsukuomi1
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    If you just need housing then premium is suffice. Vip mainly just adds unlimited style tab, unlimited continent warp, and reduced durability loss on top of the already packed premium service.
    Ciri
  • CiriCiri
    oh ty! I thought something was removed between the 2 since someone told me that nexon should update both packages for their prices
    iMattxC
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited January 31, 2018
    Ciri wrote: »
    oh ty! I thought something was removed between the 2 since someone told me that nexon should update both packages for their prices

The only thing I can think of right now that would have been "removed", someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is the fact that there is no need for the "Remote Administrative Office Coupon" in the daily Advanced Play anymore and we are still getting them. It was used to retrieve items from the Lost and Found, but since we do not drop items anymore (that was removed from the game), the item is useless; and that comes with both services.

EDIT: Oh! And there is no "Inventory Plus Kit" anymore in the services, everyone has access to that for free, so we are paying the same rates as we were before when we had that bonus that no one else had, which also allowed us to set up a shop as a premium service user, vs a free to play user.
  • CiriCiri
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Oh sweet I didn't know we don't drop stuff anymore!? A few years ago I cried when I lost my first saber because I kept getting attacked and dying to vet bandits. They charged an exorbiant amount of gold just to have it back that I didn't bother.

Speaking of which does that mean, we don't really need those scroll seals anymore that the general stores sell then?
    Also was the inventory plus kit the bank spaces or the 2nd inventory tab?

Ty again~
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 3, 2018
    Oh sweet I didn't know we don't drop stuff anymore!? A few years ago I cried when I lost my first saber because I kept getting attacked and dying to vet bandits. They charged an exorbiant amount of gold just to have it back that I didn't bother.

Speaking of which does that mean, we don't really need those scroll seals anymore that the general stores sell then?
    Also was the inventory plus kit the bank spaces or the 2nd inventory tab?

Ty again~
    Have you checked to see if it is still sitting in the lost and found? I'm not sure how it would work now, having been so long since you originally lost it.

If you used the seal scroll to only prevent items from being dropped if you are knocked unconscious, no you do not need them anymore. However, you can still use them to protect from accidentally selling, trading, enchanting, etc, an item.

Inventory plus just gives you your full bank space, the ability to transfer items between characters via the bank, the ability to use Item Bags, and it allows you to set up a personal shop. The VIP tab comes with Premium Service and VIP service.
    Ciri
  • CiriCiri
    I checked the lost and found and apparently there's nothing there or she said I don't have anything..its fine, I got a bunch of replacement sabers now especially people just selling them like its nothing :D

Ooh that helps me save actually now that vip tab is also available to premium.
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

What it is, NA hasn't updated our premium services to what KR has. KR offers their players so much more with their VIP service. We've been screaming about an update to our services for 3 years! But for some reason NA won't update our services. :(
    Helsa
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Probably because all the games combined = 3% of their income for NA region...so mabi is less than 1% income. Maple has majority of it.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Meh, I stopped VIP service. Clearly, their money isn't being invested into making the server any better. And I've been here for a while.
    Ciri
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Probably their best deal for service is during the blackout Friday event/cyber Monday. Otherwise not worth investing in VIP. It helps in lessening the dura loss so you don't have to repair up the wazoo unless you play a lot then....it doesn't matter. Also, continent warping anytime you want is convenient when you need to travel certain places ASAP less you have time to waste.

Other than that.....still waiting for them to get rid of the HCH system since that's pretty bad and for them to implement the new housing via homes in the homestead. There isn't any point in waiting for a guild to take over housing to build a house and sell on the market just so you can get access to service you paid for just to pay in-game gold to use.
    NegumikoCiri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Probably their best deal for service is during the blackout Friday event/cyber Monday. Otherwise not worth investing in VIP. It helps in lessening the dura loss so you don't have to repair up the wazoo unless you play a lot then....it doesn't matter. Also, continent warping anytime you want is convenient when you need to travel certain places ASAP less you have time to waste.

Other than that.....still waiting for them to get rid of the HCH system since that's pretty bad and for them to implement the new housing via homes in the homestead. There isn't any point in waiting for a guild to take over housing to build a house and sell on the market just so you can get access to service you paid for just to pay in-game gold to use.

they usually make premium/vip half off at least once a year so I usually buy around four of the 90 day vip packages when that happens since 90 day bundles are cheaper then paying a month at a time. might be a bit pricey all at once but in the end vip half off covering the entire year saves a player money if they have no intention of quitting anytime soon. however it would be great to get the updated premium/vip services that Korea and Japan already has as it would make these services worth paying for and would improve the player market. no fees for making checks and up to 30 mil could be put into a check instead of 5 mil and you could make up to 20 mil gold with any personal shop not just Belvast. this would free up some the spaces in Belvast for free players to use and make it less stressful for premium/vip players to find a good spot to sell things. homestead housing is still fairly new in mabi KR so it will probably be a while before we get it but it is something to look forward to :)
    Ciri