Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolate Event - Can't finish in time

KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
in Help
What am I doing wrong? It takes me like 8 hits to get it like from 1-40 dmg, then I can do one magic bolt on it with one hit. Around 4 hits for 20 damage and then like 3 hits with bolts to kill one.

Eeerm, I tried getting enough ingredients through the whole thing, but my time ran out before I could.

I feel like I'm too old and have been here too long to be asking.

*cries in corner*

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    KimCheolsu wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong? It takes me like 8 hits to get it like from 1-40 dmg, then I can do one magic bolt on it with one hit. Around 4 hits for 20 damage and then like 3 hits with bolts to kill one.

Eeerm, I tried getting enough ingredients through the whole thing, but my time ran out before I could.

I feel like I'm too old and have been here too long to be asking.

*cries in corner*

Did you use Fondue Sticks tho?
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Ye. I used Fondue Sticks.
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Cooking dungeon basics:

- pick up fondue stick and reduce ennemy protection with it
    - finish the monsters in the red circle (except rats; keep rats out of it)
    - focus on the ingredient ratio instead of what you have to do
    - make sure to hit the fork on time, no matter what your progress is. You get detracted points if you overcook.

Tips: aoe pets like pegasi ignore protection on summon, and some others like the sheeptuplets's summon stun the ennemies so you can hit them more.
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 1, 2018

Hmmm... That's weird. I suggest you to try and spam Pet AOE (if you have enough pets), Dance of Death, Hydra and/or Shock skills.
  • GretaGreta
    Soll wrote: »
    Cooking dungeon basics:

- pick up fondue stick and reduce ennemy protection with it
    - finish the monsters in the red circle (except rats; keep rats out of it)
    - focus on the ingredient ratio instead of what you have to do
    - make sure to hit the fork on time, no matter what your progress is. You get detracted points if you overcook.

Tips: aoe pets like pegasi ignore protection on summon, and some others like the sheeptuplets's summon stun the ennemies so you can hit them more.

Yeah this. We can cross the rat part in there since event dungeon don't have them. And no Glewyas as well, which is best part as well.
    Jazmyn
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Greta wrote: »

Hmmm... That's weird. I suggest you to try and spam Pet AOE (if you have enough pets), Dance of Death, Hydra and/or Shock skills.

I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE GRETAAA. I mean except for AOE pets, I have...a few.

On this character I have mage skills, that's it. I guess there's no buts, just hit them faster with the Fondue Stick and then use thunder aaand blast everything this tiime, instead of just bolts......I hope I finish it in time. I'm partially glad Glewyas isn't there.
  • GretaGreta
    Greta wrote: »

I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE GRETAAA. I mean except for AOE pets, I have...a few.

On this character I have mage skills, that's it. I guess there's no buts, just hit them faster with the Fondue Stick and then use thunder aaand blast everything this tiime, instead of just bolts......I hope I finish it in time. I'm partially glad Glewyas isn't there.

Well... R.I.P. You should have gotten Hydra at least from free Vates Rebirth which happened like two weeks ago... D:
  • NivaNiva
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Well, I didn't even know how to do the event, because the quest doesn't say anything about the cooking dungeon. So I think you're doing alright. :>
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Fondue Stick enemies drop special fondue stick weapons that lower the food's damage reduction (requires total level 100 or higher for them to drop)
    Any attack you hit enemies with with this stick equipped will work to lower their damage reduction, even if you use a guard cylinder with it and use alchemy.
    Like, if you cast shock on yourself, and have the stick equipped, every time it zaps the food, it'll reduce their defenses.

Certain attacks ignore this reduction, at least partially:
    Hydra Transmutation (partially pierces their mdef/mprot and deals stacking damage)
    Dance of Death (completely ignores their def/prot, deals fixed damage)
    Certain pet-summon attacks, like Pegasus (there's a free one you earn from completing Saga I storyline, can earn one per character)

If you don't kill enough in time, don't spend extra time trying to fill up the quota, hit that giant wooden fork when 5 minutes have passed. Correct time is a HALF of your potential points)

Points =
    1. Ingredient Quota/Ratio = up to 50 points (points get deducted if you get too few OR too many altogether, or if the ratio is really off)
    2. Time Accuracy = up to 50 points (points get deducted if you finish too late OR too early, even 30 second difference can deduct a lot of points)
    3. Tasting Skill Rank = +1 bonus points for each rank, up to 15 points for rank 1
    NivaJazmyn
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Bruh.
    Pets + Battle dance.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 2, 2018
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Fondue Stick enemies drop special fondue stick weapons that lower the food's damage reduction (requires total level 100 or higher for them to drop)
    Any attack you hit enemies with with this stick equipped will work to lower their damage reduction, even if you use a guard cylinder with it and use alchemy.
    Like, if you cast shock on yourself, and have the stick equipped, every time it zaps the food, it'll reduce their defenses.

Certain attacks ignore this reduction, at least partially:
    Hydra Transmutation (partially pierces their mdef/mprot and deals stacking damage)
    Dance of Death (completely ignores their def/prot, deals fixed damage)
    Certain pet-summon attacks, like Pegasus (there's a free one you earn from completing Saga I storyline, can earn one per character)

If you don't kill enough in time, don't spend extra time trying to fill up the quota, hit that giant wooden fork when 5 minutes have passed. Correct time is a HALF of your potential points)

Points =
    1. Ingredient Quota/Ratio = up to 50 points (points get deducted if you get too few OR too many altogether, or if the ratio is really off)
    2. Time Accuracy = up to 50 points (points get deducted if you finish too late OR too early, even 30 second difference can deduct a lot of points)
    3. Tasting Skill Rank = +1 bonus points for each rank, up to 15 points for rank 1

WELL DAMN, HALF POINTS? I should've hit that damn fork.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited February 1, 2018
    Pets + bash. I used pet spam to get most of the ingredients right away, and then bashed with the weapon the fondue stick dropped.. Bash is the best way to finish up and get the remaining ingredients.

If you have the other skills that people mentioned, they work as well. But I would always be prepared to bash.. Even with my 199 str, and no close combat ranked It wasn't too bad to bash them.

Also, the only reward from this event that seems to be worth it would be...

The gems, the pet, the exp fruit and the totems... Other than that I don't see anything else that is worth it.
  • YuuzuruYuuzuru
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    This is how I did it earlier today.

- Use Fondue stick, hit 3 times
    - Use Chain Impale and it should be dead
    or use Chain Crush to keep it in the red zone, while one-shotting.

It requires R1 of these skills and the stats.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    I 100% hate how it's Anti Magic/Range. Legit you need either skills that can by pass their defense mechanism like Hydra/Pets/Shock etc.. Or be very strong with close combat.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Snormie wrote: »
    I 100% hate how it's Anti Magic/Range. Legit you need either skills that can by pass their defense mechanism like Hydra/Pets/Shock etc.. Or be very strong with close combat.

As long as you have the fondue stick equipped, any attack you make will have the protection-lowering properties.

I mean, if you equip a Fondue Stick + Guard Cylinder you can at least do alchemy. (Flame Burst with Fondue + Guard Cylinder can hit 5 times, each hit lowering the protection, and doing more damage)
    Or use bolt magic, though Fondue Sticks don't count as Magic Weapons so it'll be weaker, but like each hit of Icebolt/firebolt/lightningbolt while equipped with the Fondue Stick will still lower their protection, allowing it to do more damage.

For Range and other things...
    Yeah just whack them with a Fondue Stick like 3 or more times and finish with your actual damaging weapons.

You don't have to finish them off with the Sticks, but if you don't have access to the def/prot ignoring stuff like Hydra/Dance of Death/AoE Pets, then that's what you have to fall back on.
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Things helpful in my opinion:
    - Windmill them at the beginning so you can get multiple kills
    - AOE pets when they're all bunched up
    - After when you're finishing up (a few required mobs left), use bash on the mobs
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    dance of death then encore to refresh all bard skills and dance of death again. can finish it in a minute with that. ice dragon is helpful for freezing the enemies and fallen fairy burn effect will still damage and kill some of them.
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Hydra with master title
    Afk
    get's 90+ points everytime
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited February 1, 2018
    lceCream wrote: »
    Hydra with master title
    Afk
    get's 90+ points everytime

this i did it with hydra too + master title, this dungeon is made only for hydra in my opnion, cause with 1 hydra you get almost all ingredients you need