Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited February 1, 2018 in Vault
The Chocolatier Romance Event is back with some more goodies! All you need to do is delve into delicious dungeons and battle for ingredients to complete your recipes! Will you choose Love or Hate? Check it all out below.

00J3c-ee3d63d7-7e46-4199-aae5-3a95ca31c415.jpg

Chocolatier Romance Event

Event Dates: Thursday, Feb. 1 - Wednesday, Feb. 21

• Speak to Chocolette in Dunbarton to register a Main Character for the event
  • You can gain 5 Secret Love Recipes or 5 Secret Hate Recipes
  • Use the Recipe at the Iron Pot in Tara Royal Castle's kitchen to enter the Food Dungeon filled with chocolate and candy monsters
  • Fight your way through the dungeon and gather all the ingredients needed to complete the Recipe
  • Chocolate Fondue Stick monsters will drop the Chocolate Fondue Stick swords that can be used to damage the Defense/Protection of ingredients (requires Cumulative Level of 100 or higher)
  • You can view the Recipe by going to your quest tab while in the Food Dungeon and reading the Quest Details
  • Complete the Recipe of Love or Recipe of Hate to earn delicious prizes, including a special Bon-bon Mini Gem based on the completed recipes!

Event Rewards:

• Every Time Quest is Completed: 1x EXP Fruit (500%)
  • Complete Quest 5 Times: Baby or Strawberry Bon-bon Mini Gems, depending on quest choice and a Doki Doki Pet Box
  • Complete 8 Recipes: 2nd Title: Chocolatier (The Catering look becomes romantic. Stamina +15, Dexterity +12) and a Doki Doki Pet Box

Secret Recipe Kitchen Dungeon Rewards:

• Fancy Paramour Gift Box: Clear the Secret Recipe Kitchen Dungeon with 75 pts or higher.
  • Plain Paramour Gift Box: Clear the Secret Recipe Kitchen Dungeon with 50 - 74 pts or higher.
  • Mediocre Paramour Gift Box: Clear the Secret Recipe Kitchen Dungeon with 0 - 49 pts or higher.

Doki Doki Pet Box:

Will receive one of the four pets at random:

• Lovely Siamese
  • Lovely Boston Terrier
  • Lovely Labrador Retriever
  • Lovely Scottish Fold

Fancy Paramour Gift Box:

All gift boxes have the same rewards, but the higher the gift box, the higher the rates for rare items.

• Patissier Hat and Wig (M)
  • Patissier Wig (M)
  • Patissiere Hat and Wig (F)
  • Patissiere Wig (F)
  • Patissier Outfit (M) (NEW!)
  • Patissier Uniform (M)
  • Patissiere Outfit (F) (NEW!)
  • Patissiere Uniform (F)
  • Patissier Gloves (M)
  • Patissiere Gloves (F)
  • Patissier Shoes (M)
  • Patissiere Shoes (F)
  • Almond Chocolate Stick
  • Truffle Chocolate Stick
  • Sprinkle Chocolate Stick
  • Homestead Black Forest Cake
  • Homestead Chocolate Lava Cake
  • Homestead Chocolate Cream Puff
  • Homestead Chocolate Mousse
  • Black Forest Cake
  • Chocolate Lava Cake
  • Chocolate Cream Puffs
  • Chocolate Mousse

Plain Paramour Gift Box:

• Patissier Wig (M)
  • Patissiere Wig (F)
  • Patissier Outfit (M)
  • Patissier Uniform (M)
  • Patissiere Outfit (F)
  • Patissiere Uniform (F)
  • Patissier Gloves (M)
  • Patissiere Gloves (F)
  • Patissier Shoes (M)
  • Patissiere Shoes (F)
  • Almond Chocolate Stick
  • Black Forest Cake
  • Chocolate Lava Cake
  • Chocolate Cream Puffs
  • Chocolate Mousse

Mediocre Paramour Gift Box:

• Patissier Wig (M)
  • Patissiere Wig (F)
  • Patissier Outfit (M)
  • Patissier Uniform (M)
  • Patissiere Outfit (F)
  • Patissiere Uniform (F)
  • Patissier Gloves (M)
  • Patissiere Gloves (F)
  • Patissier Shoes (M)
  • Patissiere Shoes (F)
  • Almond Chocolate Stick
  • Black Forest Cake
  • Chocolate Lava Cake
  • Chocolate Cream Puffs
  • Chocolate Mousse

00J8g-d53b549e-1549-40c2-85aa-c0369bef6047.gif
IyasenuJazmyn[Deleted User]

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Patissier Outfit = New
    Patissier Uniform = Old

Is that right?

Time to make some cakes, for Love and Hate!
    But mostly Love.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited February 1, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Patissier Outfit = New
    Patissier Uniform = Old

Is that right?

But mostly Love.

But without the apron! Preferably, I would see someone wearing the apron without the uniform though. o:)

62fe2a44f8ff8648e68d9b1ba0044c2b.jpg
    IyasenuAngelsamaSherri
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Patissier Outfit = New
    Patissier Uniform = Old

Is that right?

But mostly Love.

That's right... but honestly they should rename the new one or something so that people don't get confused
  • DianusiaDianusia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    First drop was Patissier Outfit for Male....
    ....gg ez
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Dianusia wrote: »
    ....gg ez

And here I got four food and male gloves.... xD

'Grats. :)
  • KelikuKeliku
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Are there any tips for doing this? I can never get anywhere close to the correct number of ingredients. Do you only get a box if you hit the fork? Thanks.
  • KatharpyKatharpy
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Dianusia wrote: »
    ....gg ez

That was my first drop too (not even a fancy box). Maybe they did it to entice people more to keep playing in the event? Hmmm....
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Keliku wrote: »
    Are there any tips for doing this? I can never get anywhere close to the correct number of ingredients. Do you only get a box if you hit the fork? Thanks.

Always hit the fork at 5 minutes no matter how many ingredients you have, and you should be good.

(As long as you do get some of the ingredients, otherwise it will tell you you do not have enough... Not sure what the minimum numbers are...?)
    KelikuJianto
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    edited February 1, 2018
    Keliku wrote: »

I know not everyone has pets, but AoE entry hazard pets ignore the defense of the food monsters and it helps a lot. Outside of that, windmill with the weapon the knife and fork drop and that takes out their special defense, and then you can attack however.

Hitting the fork at near the exact time it asks for is the most important factor, too far under time and 'the dish is undercooked' hardly any over time and 'it is burned'

Second important thing is number of ingredients. Ratio seems to be more important than overall amount. You can check the quest scroll and info in the right hand corner for the number of each type of ingredients it suggests, try to keep the ratio about the same instead of going after one ingredient then another one if ur running short on time, as even if the amount is a bit less as long as the ratio is good it's ok

(i.e. it wants 17 chocolate and 17 flour and 8 spice, if you get 14 chocolate and 14 flour and 6 spice it will be better than 17 chocolate and 9 flour and 3 spice)

edit: the thing that drops the weapon might be a 'chocolate fondue stick' i havent entered the dungeon yet and i forgot the event is different than normal cooking dungeon XD
    Keliku
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    I'm just gonna copy paste the tips from the mabi wiki.
    • Tasting will add extra points, up to 15 points on top of your final score giving you some leeway.
    • You only have around 5 minutes before you overcook the food. Going over by 1 minute can reduce your score by around 25 points.
    • Having your strong weapons on your main weapon slot and an empty hand and shield on the auxiliary slot will save you time.
    • Defeat a Chocolate Fondue Stick to obtain the weapon to lower the ingredients' defense and protection and it will automatically be equipped in your empty hand in your auxiliary slot.
    • A good strategy is to attack an ingredient (with the Chocolate Fondue Stick) two times and followed up with using Bash, to avoid knocking the target back which uses up precious time.
    • Pets that are summoned that deal AoE damage (like the Dragon or Pegasus pets) ignore the ingredients' defense and protection.
    • Casting lullaby is a good way to stop everything in its tracks and allow you to control the situation. You can take advantage of lullaby's bonus damage to sleeping targets since this ignores defense and protection.
    • Hydra Transmutation will ignore defense and protection and causes anything that is defeated to die in place so there is no issue of knocking anything out of the pan.
    • You can cast Shock on yourself and switch to the Chocolate Fondue Stick, the monsters will get their defense and protection reduced from Shock and in the same time, stun-lock them.
    • Assuming a high enough skill level, a combination of using Act 6: Crisis to pull everything onto a single spot, lullaby to keep everything in place and Hydra Transmutation will defeat many ingredients very quickly to a point that too many ingredients may get defeated for the recipe.

Again this all from the wiki.
    Keliku
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited February 2, 2018
    How do you get more love/hate recipes?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    KimCheolsu wrote: »
    How do you get more love/hate recipes?

You get five daily, by speaking to Chocolette in Dunbarton by the Western Entrance. She only gives you 5 of the type you choose. (Hate or Love)
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    I don't find this event fun but rather annoying and tedious. However, the gems are cute.
  • spaterspater
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    The "complete daily quest 8 times" requirement is finishing a recipe 8 times but, not necessarily 8 times in a row right? Or is it just talking to Chocolette and getting a recipe 8 times?
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    I didn't get 5 more recipes today when I talked to Chocolate.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    spater wrote: »
    The "complete daily quest 8 times" requirement is finishing a recipe 8 times but, not necessarily 8 times in a row right? Or is it just talking to Chocolette and getting a recipe 8 times?

its the same as last time. you just need to do the dungeon once for 8 days
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Fabeola wrote: »
    I don't find this event fun but rather annoying and tedious. However, the gems are cute.

i just did it once and be done with it because I'm not interested in the rewards at all. But I do want the free pets, who doesn't right? So it just takes ~7 minutes per day.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 3, 2018
    I um, guess I'm too weak character wise, so I can't finish the ingredients in time.
    This might be the first event I'm just unable to get the free pets, that aren't rng, guaranteed prize, because I can't fulfill the requirements.

I read all the advice already, no need to repeat them. *Sigh* As for the aoe pets, I don't understand how people are using them without mixing in the fondue sticks.

*sigh*...
    I mean I really do try, but I just can't seem to make it in time. It takes a while (5 hits) for me to lower their defense...
    And the fondue sticks are so in the way......
    *mumble grumble*...
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    fondue sticks don't count towards the pts they don't add or negate anything I know you said don't need anyone else saying things but just wanted to throw that out there.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 3, 2018
    fondue sticks don't count towards the pts they don't add or negate anything I know you said don't need anyone else saying things but just wanted to throw that out there.

*grabs your collars* WHY WOULD THEY NOT COUNT? Q_Q IT JUST MADE SENSE IN MY MIND THAT IT WOULD NEGATE THE POINTS.
    I'm going to go slaughter those sticks when I get more recipes qq.

Also, does it also do that for regular kitchen dungeon? Like, when you kill the utensils or whatever, I don't remember what it was.
    Shadoe