Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Questions about Samhain

SavanteSavante
Mabinogi Rep: 970
in General Chat
So who is the voice actress behind Meryl/Laighlinne? She's done such a stellar job performing as the character from what I can tell considering that she had done a pretty awesome job conveying her feelings of despair and loss. I would at least like to know her name and hope she could continue voicing as Meryl/Laighlinne.

Also, has there been any implications by KR team if they will further expand on Samhain? It really pains me that we've been left with a cliffhanger at the end of the story for like a year or two so I would at least like to know if there are any plans for a sequel. Would be kind of a waste to only leave it as it is now after it showed quite a bit of promise when it first debuted.

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We still don't know who the voice actor is. Perhaps they wanted to remain anonymous?

I want a sequel too but unfortunately there hasn't been any further indication from KR that this will happen. I check their website on a weekly basis.
    Greta
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    So mean of them to that to us TT
    Crimsọn
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Yeah I agree, but I wonder if they might find a way to mend that continuation into the main storyline. =D
  • Blue AppleBlue Apple
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    I was really impressed by the voice acting too, especially when she starts getting desperate and transforms into Laighlinne. The voice sounded somewhat familiar to me, like she must have also been in some cartoon that I've recently watched, or something. I'd like to know who it is also!

Unfortunately a lot of storylines seem to completely drop whenever some new plot comes out, and with all of KRs focus on Memento right now we may not see some Samhain updates for awhile... sigh.
  • SavanteSavante
    Blue Apple

I was really impressed by the voice acting too, especially when she starts getting desperate and transforms into Laighlinne. The voice sounded somewhat familiar to me, like she must have also been in some cartoon that I've recently watched, or something. I'd like to know who it is also!

Unfortunately a lot of storylines seem to completely drop whenever some new plot comes out, and with all of KRs focus on Memento right now we may not see some Samhain updates for awhile... sigh.
    It's that same lack of consistency is what makes it hard for me to even log in let alone actually play the game. It's really frustrating when promising stories pop up only so that they could be dropped for something less impressionable, among other things...

I really hope that the Samhain story continues in the near future along with more VA casts and actually revealing their names. Again, kudos to the voice behind Meryl/Laighlinne and really do look forward to hearing more from her.

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 8, 2017
    Hey @Sabina could we find out the name of the voice actor for Laighlinne please? ^_^
  • SabinaSabina
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
    I'll see what I can find out about it!
    IyasenuSugarAngelSavante
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Sabina Thanks! A lot of players have always been curious. She is a good voice actor. ^_^
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think the storyline for Samhain will be difficult to do as Laighlinne's story ends with either the Millitian somehow returning to the lost fleet to rescue her (via shelling out cash to NX) or she's left to cold oblivion as the new darkness consumes and replaces her. Though they did leave the ending open ended enough that the Millitian will face the new threat or help Laighlinne put it to rest permanently.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 10, 2017
    I just had an interesting thought regarding the Music Dungeons and Laighlinne's crew. We know that Fomors are inhabiting the dungeon, and so is a Spirit of Jabchiel that the Fomors are trying to bring back through Magic Music? Maybe the Fomors would get wind of Sera and the crew and try to summon them in the same fashion.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    the samhain story might just be linked to the mainstream story after all. in G11, the python knight, who turns out to be the partholonian prince tuan, wishes to resurect his people. what if he and his people were part of the convoy which laighlinne belonged to as well, and actually made it to erinn? I mean, she DOES say that some made it to erinn, and laighlinne and her fleet belong to the partholonian race. perhaps they both try to resurect their people, unaware of the other one's scheme.
    Erydanos
  • LeineiLeinei
    Oooh, Nevyn, that's a pretty good one. That probably means that Laighlinne's jerk of a father got ended by the plague unless he was somehow that Prince Tuan.
    Erydanos
  • ErydanosErydanos
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,295
    Leinei
    Leinei said:

Oooh, Nevyn, that's a pretty good one. That probably means that Laighlinne's jerk of a father got ended by the plague unless he was somehow that Prince Tuan.
    Dunno...while Mabinogi World Wiki already states Laighlinne's father's name is Partholon, so that hints at him being the 'founder' of that race. In which case he must have been more than dead when the plague happened. Of course, until he is officially called by that name is up to speculation.

Laighlinne is referred as daughter of Partholon, but that doesn't mean he is her direct father, as it also could be interpreted as being a descendant of him in any degree, either direct offspring or descendant from many generations.
  • SavanteSavante
    Hey Sabina, did you have any luck finding any info about the voice actress yet?