Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

More Balanced Elves?

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 3, 2018
    Kaga wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    You can buy all the reforges you need for archery for 10mil a piece.
    lmao

I have yet to see a bohemian glove with lvl 20 mag for 10m. And not 100m.

If that additional 15 % means that much to you thats your problem not mine.
    You can buy gloves with mag 18-20 on them for 10mil is all i was saying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Kaga wrote: »
    You can buy all the reforges you need for archery for 10mil a piece.
    lmao

I have yet to see a bohemian glove with lvl 20 mag for 10m. And not 100m.

If that additional 15 % means that much to you thats your problem not mine.
    You can buy gloves with mag 18-20 on them for 10mil is all i was saying.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15% does mean a lot to the people here talking about elf "end game".
    We aren't talking about mid-tier elf archer.
    I promise you, you won't get a lvl 20 mag glove for 10m (atleast not on my server)

• TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited February 3, 2018
    @Kaga no it doesnt, what kind of elistist rubbish is that?

Im pretty sure end game is just not losing , all that 15% does would make a run faster but I guess in your world in order to be qualified as endgame you need that 15%, min/maxers need to chill. Guess what someone with the boh set with perfect reforges and can still suck.

I do agree based on your server mag gloves could be over 25m but in alexina every now and then theres shops that sell mag 16-20 for like 10m-15m
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Trythis wrote: »

Im pretty sure end game is just not losing , all that 15% does would make a run faster but I guess in your world in order to be qualified as endgame you need that 15%, min/maxers need to chill. Guess what someone with the boh set with perfect reforges and can still suck.

I do agree based on your server mag gloves could be over 25m but in alexina every now and then theres shops that sell mag 16-20 for like 10m-15m

It depends on the definition, but I don't think Kaga is wrong, nor did he say equipment is a substitute for skills. 15% more is a multiplicative factor, which depending on how it is factored, could mean much more damage overall, then on a "Comparative" basis. (Essentially, 1.15*Original Amount can confer numerous benefits if the original amount multiplied is substantially large, even if the percent increase isn't huge.)

You are right though, past a certain point, many things are able to be finished, and that excess damage is surely either a crutch, or a way to speedrun things.
    Trythis
  • KagaKaga
    Trythis wrote: »

That's what most "end game" elves go for, don't ask me.
    I personally don't even use archery and I play as an elf.
    I am more invested into Magic.
    TrythisNeynaRadiant DawnTunfisk
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    lolwut, whatever is end game?

the whole "10m for endgame gloves" claim is a bunch of baloney, you need to stop moving the goal post dude js

also theres the fact that a build planning app for mabinogi does not exist, end game, okay sure whatever....
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    There is no such thing as end game. There will always be more power creeps added.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    KelpSoda wrote: »

the whole "10m for endgame gloves" claim is a bunch of baloney, you need to stop moving the goal post dude js

also theres the fact that a build planning app for mabinogi does not exist, end game, okay sure whatever....

Guess i'll have to screen shot them from now on even though theres one other person that supports my claim.
    Totally "baloney".
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    edited February 4, 2018
    Julie wrote: »
    Zebadiah wrote: »
    too long to quote
    "mindless research" i never thought id see those two words together like that

and a lot of people before have argued that elves would be suited for support because archery was more of a support thing for them.

not to mention that a lot of their exclusive quirks also tend to be useful situationally, though im not sure how things work these days and what missions or quests do work these days things like mounted archery wasnt all that great when you were trapped inside a tiny room, but i think the worst offense is when luck became a factor in your chances of hitting.

but hey i think the balance line at this point is so blurred in the game because i dont think devcat bothered doing much balancing in the last years that you just cant tell what would be balanced

and also reforges is the all mighty answer to everything similar to how people say that it was because "god made it" while trying to discover a scientific answer to things.

the top endgame is rolling a bunch of dices to reach the top rather than working your way there.

Joey-Tribianni-Shrug-Friends.gif

It is very fun for me to read this thread right now, so far I'm up to your reply Julie. And for this one, I just had to log in to comment.

If they created a way that you can "work hard/work your way there" to reach the level of people that "roll dice" to get where they are,
    I would have so much more fun with Mabinogi than I already am right now.

Edit: Also, I don't know why but when I see something similar to this line, it kind of irks me.:
    I mean, any gear needs reforging at a certain point

Edit 2:
    Julie wrote: »
    Now the reason why i would hate on reforges is due to the fact that this for the longest time has been used as the excuse for accepting the flaws of balance in this game,

OH MY GOD, YOU JUST PUT MY FEELINGS INTO THE PERFECT WORDS
    THAT I COULD NOT FIND A MOMENT AGO, OR FOREVER... O_O
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    edited February 4, 2018
    *sigh*...Damn, no more content to read. Somebody talk more about it...

I hope Julie comes back to the game... Or mabinogi has changes that'll make her come back.

So nice to have someone talking sense and make you agree so much that you slap the screen and be like "I KNOW RIGHT? THAT'S HOW I FEEL."
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    KimCheolsu wrote: »
    *sigh*...Damn, no more content to read. Somebody talk more about it...

I hope Julie comes back to the game... Or mabinogi has changes that'll make her come back.

So nice to have someone talking sense and make you agree so much that you slap the screen and be like "I KNOW RIGHT? THAT'S HOW I FEEL."

I know right? I wish Julie to come back... :(
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    KelpSoda wrote: »

Guess i'll have to screen shot them from now on even though theres one other person that supports my claim.
    Totally "baloney".

"all the reforges you need for 10m"
    to
    "endgame gloves for 10m"
    to
    "not bohemian but 15-20 magnum reforges for 10-15m"

and im guessing you're getting a screenshot for 15 magnum gloves for 20m next

hmmmmmm........
    KagaJulie
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    All this talk of Elves being "required" to use archery for balance and I'm just here as an elf maining chains doing occasional 100k impales.

Would it kill any of you to just use what you find fun and not follow any sort of "meta" trend unless doing something like Phantasm?

Outside of Phantasm, Mabinogi is a laughably easy game.
    Veylaine
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    If they created a way that you can "work hard/work your way there" to reach the level of people that "roll dice" to get where they are,
    Buying pre-reforged gears is a thing you know. You don't always have to "roll dice" to make your own gear. So working hard to reach that level is basically working to make enough money to buy those stuff, which is what I'm doing right now. Although at times it is pretty annoying to find a certain gear because there's barely anyone selling it, so you have to be really, really patient.
  • KagaKaga
    edited February 5, 2018
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Would it kill any of you to just use what you find fun and not follow any sort of "meta" trend unless doing something like Phantasm?

People who jump onto bandwagons are usually the ones who say that "if you don't archer (as an elf) you aren't playing the game "right"

These are the same type of people who keeps switching races everytime there is some type of revamp.
    It's also funny how much they kiss up overseas' servers play styles.. "ermeged korea/japan plays like dis, I have to do it to".

Like i said above, I don't archer and never will. I main chains (mainly for impale and sweep) and use n+blaze for aoe attacks.
    Even for phantasm (for those who want to talk about end game clear speed crap) blaze is 10x times faster on the first floor than magnum spam.

If people want to main archery, go for it. No ones holding you back.
    Just don't tell others that you have to main it to play the game as an elf "right".
    PolicromaZeo
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    edited February 5, 2018
    if the goal is to play around in mud, then sure just pick whatever skill exists and yolo

if the goal is to actually get somewhere, i'm pretty sure you're better off working into making RL bank and transferring it into mabinogi, next closest thing would be to optimize clearing times

koreans also seem to be the only ones that give a damn about optimizing their times in mabi, im all in for some xenophobia like everyone else but come on you're hating on them for no reason

huehuehue
    Kaga
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    ShouK wrote: »
    Buying pre-reforged gears is a thing you know. You don't always have to "roll dice" to make your own gear. So working hard to reach that level is basically working to make enough money to buy those stuff, which is what I'm doing right now. Although at times it is pretty annoying to find a certain gear because there's barely anyone selling it, so you have to be really, really patient.

In the end, it's just someone that bought an item from someone else that spent reforges on it. The point is to find a solution to balance or another way to build yourself up without buying reforges/another person doing it for you.

I really don't want to start this argument, you have your opinion, I have mines. That's it. Reforges just irk me.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310

Edit: Also, I don't know why but when I see something similar to this line, it kind of irks me.:
    I mean, any gear needs reforging at a certain point

Out of curiosity, what's irksome about that? Is it not true that regardless of the skill, if you're looking to min-max you're going to have to invest in some reforges?
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    My answer would be redundant as I've already said why reforges bother me in the above post., and you can just look at whatever the helllll of everything Julie said before that too.
  • bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    edited February 5, 2018
    I think elves are finally in a good place right now due to Vision of Ladeca (especially if you can grind to 20k), Divine Link, and Chain Slash.

It is not a versatile race whatsoever though- you must be an archer if you consider yourself a serious player combat-wise. Maybe they should add/buff a spell or two in the magic talent tree soon, or new reforges for magic, or something. That could give elves another viable pathway.

But I'm enjoying the hell out of my Elf archer with chain sub for versatility after years of what I feel was neglect toward elf players.
This discussion has been closed.