Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Beyond Spirit Weapon Cap

SuzSuz
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in General Chat
Thanks to the current fishing event I was able to finally cap out every stat on my spirit weapon and then I saw this interesting messages:

"Well, hmmm... I don't think Social Experience, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Will, Luck I can improve. You need Eye of Dragon, Nail of Dragon, Horn of Dragon, Wing of Dragon, Fang of Dragon, Pearl of Dragon in order for me to improve beyond the limit, but I'm not sure if you can find one for me."

and

"If you want me to reset my limit, the you need to find the Eye of Dragon, NAil of Dragon, Horn of Dragon, Wing of Dragon, Fang of Dragon, Pearl of Dragon. If I absorb that, then I could probably improve beyond my current limit! I hope you can find one, Suz!"

Does anyone know if this is just place holder or have any information about it?
It would be much appreciated.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Suz wrote: »
    Thanks to the current fishing event I was able to finally cap out every stat on my spirit weapon and then I saw this interesting messages:

"Well, hmmm... I don't think Social Experience, Strength, Intelligence, Dexterity, Will, Luck I can improve. You need Eye of Dragon, Nail of Dragon, Horn of Dragon, Wing of Dragon, Fang of Dragon, Pearl of Dragon in order for me to improve beyond the limit, but I'm not sure if you can find one for me."

and

"If you want me to reset my limit, the you need to find the Eye of Dragon, NAil of Dragon, Horn of Dragon, Wing of Dragon, Fang of Dragon, Pearl of Dragon. If I absorb that, then I could probably improve beyond my current limit! I hope you can find one, Suz!"

Does anyone know if this is just place holder or have any information about it?
    It would be much appreciated.

Spirit weapons are incredibly outdated. It was likely the work of a previous director who had plans, but whose work was never picked up by subsequent directors.

So instead of placeholder, dead end is more like it.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    LF>Ego weapon uncap and rework. Can I ego a Trinity Staff or some magic staff, please :D?
    Jazmyn
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    I don't think Spirit Weapons are cared for enough by the ones who would have the power to change or improve it.
  • LetusLetus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    the whole thing is...why bother when a reforged weapon is superior....and/or easier to get.

Would be nice to see love for the ego weapons.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    During the KR meeting about the improvements for mabinogi the team already stated they are looking into revamping a lot of area's including the reworks of spirit weapons since no one uses them really. Was during the time people were discussing the homestead update and upgrade. Still waiting for the housing channel to be gone.
    Jazmyn
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Can you still feed it to reduce its hunger? I ask because I vaguely remember a similar thread where I believe the OP said he couldn't. I assumed at the time there was some miscommunication/misinterpretation, as not being able to feed it at all would make no sense. A clarification would be much appreciated though.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    reforges are too good to be replaced by spirit weapons
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Julie wrote: »

Spirit weapons can be reforged...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    During the KR meeting about the improvements for mabinogi the team already stated they are looking into revamping a lot of area's including the reworks of spirit weapons since no one uses them really. Was during the time people were discussing the homestead update and upgrade. Still waiting for the housing channel to be gone.

Oh that's good to hear. I hope they improve the xp curve. That's the main thing that's turned most players off.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited February 7, 2018
    Like what @Beryl said, spirit weapons can be reforged but why bother doing it on the spirit weapons when we already have a lot of variant of weapons that are much better compared to the spirit weapons such as the Celtic weapons? lol

So yeah.. spirit weapons are extremely outdated and they need some serious revamping as soon as possible. I would love to be able to ego one of instruments basicslly making it better than the fully upgraded/enchanted Gloomy Sunday or being able to ego one of the chainblade weapon that end up being better than the Celtic Howling Chain Blade.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah they are going to have to make them worth bothering with.
    Zeo
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited February 7, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Also, make spirit weapons be able to be special upgraded (maybe use both blue and red st same time) and maybe be able to be enchanted... that would actuslly make them waaaay better in the longer run.
    JJLadame
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Zeo wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »

Also, make spirit weapons be able to be special upgraded (maybe use both blue and red st same time) and maybe be able to be enchanted... that would actuslly make them waaaay better in the longer run.

THIS.
  • EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    edited February 7, 2018
    origin dev cat team was wipe out. no one truly understand what game original meant to be......
    they start make question why players keep playing mabi.
    send ur video for '10th Anniversary Player Video Submission'
    they might get idea and make mabi to right way, maybe?
    Jazmyn
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited February 7, 2018
    instead of ego weapon revamp we got Erg weapon system coming in G21 which is basically the same base concept.... we feed items to our weapons to make them stronger. I feel like Erg weapons are the final nail in the coffin for spirit weapons... I feel like they stopped caring completely
    courtneyy
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Beryl wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »

Spirit weapons can be reforged...

okay my bad
  • PetrolsPetrols
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Arjune wrote: »
    instead of ego weapon revamp we got Erg weapon system coming in G21 which is basically the same base concept.... we feed items to our weapons to make them stronger. I feel like Erg weapons are the final nail in the coffin for spirit weapons... I feel like they stopped caring completely

Do you have more info about it? i'm curious, i mean, if this will replace ego weapons, it would be good to have some insight
  • LetusLetus
    Time will tell.
    Hopefully it'll be a "people put a lot of time into spirit weapons...so they should become weapons of the gods"
  • PetrolsPetrols
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Letus wrote: »
    Time will tell.
    Hopefully it'll be a "people put a lot of time into spirit weapons...so they should become weapons of the gods"
    Maybe a visual update too, like having your spirit float around you while holding the weapon, and even protecting you and such, not more power but more functions, and why not since we have a bunch of transformations, something like an ego fussion or transformation, idk, i'm just throwing ideas
    Shadoe
  • LetusLetus
    Petrols wrote: »
    Letus wrote: »
    Time will tell.
    Maybe a visual update too, like having your spirit float around you while holding the weapon, and even protecting you and such, not more power but more functions, and why not since we have a bunch of transformations, something like an ego fussion or transformation, idk, i'm just throwing ideas

Let alone the skill.
    Does anybody use the skill?