[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct
. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Chocolatier Romance Event
I just did this event and this is by far the most frustrating event I have done in a long time. the multiaggro makes it tough for melee to do anything due to the splash damage on every weapon.
use that weapon for normal 3 hit to reduce they protection and follow up with large aoe skill.
hydra trans skill work well
love choc recipe 23 choc, 13 wheat 7 secret
hate choc recipe 16 almond 16 drak choc 9secret
finish before 5 min and u will get high scroll point
Fallen Fairy is even better. In fact, I can easily get most ingredients just by summoning Fallen Fairy twice. It's AOE doesn't knock back but "infects" them with a sort of bleed status that ignores prot/def.
I consistently have been ending a minute early, and have to wait around for the appropriate time so I can hit the fork.
I haven't had any better luck with 100% finishes than with 65% finishes, so don't get too worried about lower scores. Just don't forget to do the dungeon at least once a day and go see Chocolette (or however her name is spelled). Other passes can be hoarded until you have the time or patience to use them. They don't have expiration dates, so just make sure to use them before the event is over.
Pro Tip: The totems can be fed to an ego, or sold to NPCs for 1k gold. And you can pick up the ones other people drop.
At least there are no rats. I really, really hate rats.
Each rank in Tasting is 1 free bonus point to your Kitchen Dungeon score.
So at rank 1 that's 15 bonus points.
yeah, it can easily be done in under a minute with dance of death and the rest is just waiting to hit the wood fork. sometimes you have to kill 3 or 4 of the ingredients you need with one of the sticks that drop to even out the number of ingredients but overall it is extremely easy with dance of death and encore. for some reason I find the hate recipe easier to do and I hit the fork when 8 minutes are remaining (or 4 minutes have passed) and get a score of 79 or higher.
Makes it hard to do it on alts. That was intentional.
Points are pretty much meaningless even getting 100 points everytime just gives me the 0 point prizes.
In order to get 50 points in a run, you just need to kill:
Hate Recipe: 6 almond choco, 6 dark choco, 3 spices
Love recipe: 6 choco, 3 wheat, 1 spice
You can go over a bit (like, say, 7 choco for Love recipe), and up to a couple fondue sticks monster can fall in as well; the end review will just chastise you for using too little ingredients, but the ingredients ratio will be correct and you'll get the points (and more importantly, the daily quest's requirements will be met). Hit the fork at 5:00 elapsed time, 5:15 at the latest.
As for the actual killing, I recommend a sword, for Bleeding effect. This is how I go about it:
- Of course, first I kill a fondue stick monster to get a weapon that will lower the ingredients' defense and prot. I Smash or Charge to take this initial victim off the cooking (red) area to avoid losing points over it.
- Once armed with the weapon it dropped, I go hit a cluster of ingredients, even if there's a fondue stick monster there; chances are it won't target me anyway. I hit the cluster with the full attack combo of the weapon (i.e. until they're sent flying) to ensure they've lost enough defense; you can see how each subsequent hit deals them more damage than the last.
- I try to keep track of all the ingredients I just sent flying, while switching to my sword. I choose one victim to start with, and load either Smash or Bash. I maneuver behind the target so I'm between it and the pot's wall, ensuring that when it dies it will fall within the cooking area, and let it have it. Coupled with Bleeding, a Smash tends to one-hit them. If I'm using Bash, either I'll keep an eye on my Stam and drink pots as necessary, or use a Stamina Elixir that will keep it topped off for the 5 minutes the mission needs.
- After I kill my first victim, I move to the next one from the cluster I hit, until all such ingredients are dead or the recipe no longer calls for them, and then I repeat the process.
- I ignore all other fondue stick monsters unless they insist on going after me (they attack me more than twice), in which case I just take them out as fast as possible, with the sword. Remember that you can load Defense even as they're whaling on you.
- The weapons the fondue stick monsters drop aren't great at dealing damage, so don't use them to finish ingredients off as it'll take forever.
Kill fondue stick monster and get the stick.
Windmill a cluster of the ingredients with the fondue stick to lower their defense
Chain sweep one or twwo times
The best recipe to do is the secret hate recipe.
You only need to get 6 almond chocolate and some other ingredients, than wait till the timer is 6:45 than hit the fork.
And VOILA, you cleared it
You don't even have to wait that long for a fancy gift box. I get them frequently at 7:30 on the clock.
2. 1 AoE Pet.
3. Pick up the stick
4. Bash remaining ingredients if you care about perfection
5. Afk for 4 minutes then hit fork
WM - pick up stick.
Optional: Rage Impact + WM, Wm a couple more times.
Watch a little youtube.
Pet spam again, Wait for 7:30 on the clock.
I recipe doesn't have to be perfect to get the fancy box, it just has to be over the numbers required.
Dance of death is very effective
orthodox style is by hitting them with stick is too slow, but you can hit them slowly 3 or 4 times then do AOE attack such as chain sweep or Shooting rush or anything that has high damage and large aoe