Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Real Talk: Nerf Chainz

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited February 8, 2018 in General Chat
After seeing the dan+combo card buffz 2 chainz I feelz it's time 2 do a reality checkz 2 this powercreeping...

- Melee+Rng
- Multipliers are 2 OP
- All Single+Aoe skills are 2 OP 4 one talent
- Skillz grants ADV(same as berserk's) heavy standerz
- Spammable(Dorcha is 2 easy 2 generate)
- Anything weaker than Rabbie phantasm or is not immune/HVSTANDERz 2 melee gets solo'd rekt easily.
- Magic was nerfed cuz of similiar reasons once it got the revamp.

It was fun while it lasted. Now it's time 2 balance it plox.
Plz nerf. Not buff it even further w/Dan ranks.
d2snfk0xeobji8gm2zz2.gif

Feel free 2 discuss. :o
  1. 2MuchPowerCreep!?45 votes
    1. Need Moar buffz. Let me solo raids+Rabbie phantasm nakkid w/chainz!!!
       82% (37 votes)
    2. Yup. Haven't even FH in like forever since the update.(What r CRK's...Lol?)
       18% (8 votes)

Comments

• TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    what a biased poll
    KitsuyashaVeylaineHellkaizerSherriCoolAidLeilicia
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Er, my chain blade character has no melee, so please, don't "balance" it. I can actually accomplish things I couldn't before with just range....
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 8, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    what a biased poll

I kept it simple. If it's not getting nerf it's only gunna get more powercreep buff till it's crazy broken. :*
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Er, my chain blade character has no melee, so please, don't "balance" it. I can actually accomplish things I couldn't before with just range....

Then this game might as well only advertise one combat talent. :o
    No offense intended.
    Only thing reminding me I have other combatz skill talents are mobs with da heavystanderz/melee imunnity. Srsly. :|
    Dishing out easily 12750% of ur base damage in a few seconds is way 2 broken m8te. :/
    Jazmyn
  • TrythisTrythis
    @Rhey simple as in giving off one particular tone but it is what is I guess
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Rhey wrote: »

Then this game might as well only advertise one talent. :o
    No offense intended.

Understood, however, he does have 2 talents. ;P

Without having literal years of playing and with the dungeon revamp they made it near impossible to do almost anything solo. I can almost guarantee this is why they can't bring in new players. So until they fix the dungeons and make it what it was, I wont agree to "balancing" this talent. xD (No offense intended either. :p )

On a side note, my mage/combat character sucks now. I don't know how anyone survives anything with combat. I get farted on by a goblin in Barri dungeon and it'll kill me; I used to solo it with the same character with less skills... >.>

RheyVeylaineCoolAidRainthesword
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    Chain is fine leave it be
    BehelitoffwithyourheadsRaishiiKitsuyashaJiantoSherriCoolAidroseangelRainthesword
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I just find the idea of chainblades themselves ridiculous. And yeah, OP.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 8, 2018
    Kysirai wrote: »
    Chain is fine leave it be

A nakkid chainzblader can do up to 10k~20k+...and that's not even critting. Just slap on a B/O buff stackz+the self chainz buff and go 2 town and rekt everrything :(
    People have reforge addictions from trying to reach that high with other combat talents. :s
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Wait, so it's ok for humans to have final hit now? I can use it? It's not longer OP?

Cool.
    TrythisRheyZeonajee508NilremBehelitHazurahRadiant DawnMizukiHayamaRaishiiand 7 others.
  • SnormieSnormie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    edited February 8, 2018

Then this game might as well only advertise one talent. :o
    No offense intended.

Understood, however, he does have 2 talents. ;P

Without having literal years of playing and with the dungeon revamp they made it near impossible to do almost anything solo. I can almost guarantee this is why they can't bring in new players. So until they fix the dungeons and make it what it was, I wont agree to "balancing" this talent. xD (No offense intended either. :p )

On a side note, my mage/combat character sucks now. I don't know how anyone survives anything with combat. I get farted on by a goblin in Barri dungeon and it'll kill me; I used to solo it with the same character with less skills... >.>

Yeah I have a human mage, and seriously thinking about resetting skills and just going back to melee and maybe get into puppets.

There is just too much delay between "casting/charging then you cast and some skills are delayed damage" Then you have to worry about, if you didn't 1 shot everything then you are in trouble. Now if you had a Wand that was fireball and Casting speed you would be a god, but until you get that, being a mage alone just isn't worth it compared to these other talents, mostly newer ones.
    JazmynRheySherriCoolAid
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 8, 2018
    Shadoe wrote: »
    Wait, so it's ok for humans to have final hit now? I can use it? It's not longer OP?

Cool.

Y even bother with fh when U can do moar by chainingz indefenitely with no cd+with all dmg skillz between 650-850% multiplierz?(Single+AOE) :p
  • TrythisTrythis
    @Rhey you know you dont need to be "meta" to have fun
    KagaSherri
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Shadoe wrote: »

Cool.

Y even bother with fh when U can do moar by chainingz indefenitely with no cd+with all dmg skillz between 650-850% multiplierz?(Single+AOE) :p

Because I can kill a boss and his minions with only one skill. No loading something special to finish of the boss. No loading something new to teleport.
    CoolAid
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    I don’t really think Chain Slash need to be nerfed or a sort of rebalancing, in my honest opinion.

I mean, remember when we first got Fighter back in G16 and some people was like ‘omg it’s too OP, nerf pls!!’ then the same thing happened with Puppetry when it came out where you could literally use it to solo just about everything and then there’s Gunner and Ninja after a while... same for bash, FH, magnum spam (for some elves), Blaze users, and GFS users that can be very overpowered too but didn’t get nerfed..

So yeah.. and you can spam Chain Impale but you would have to use Death Mark and Chain Burst which take a bit of time due to the animation which place you in the risk and what about when you run out of Dorcha to use for Chain Impale? Would you be willing to take several seconds to just attack mobs to get some dorcha back which make you vulnerable, especially in runs like Rabbie Phantasm?
    TrythisLutetiumSphyra21najee508KitsuyashaVeylaineSherriCoolAidRainthesword
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 8, 2018
    @Rhey you know you dont need to be "meta" to have fun

It's more about trying to restore value back to the time/effort/etc investment req of other combat talents. And balancing the game b4 it becomes Chainzinogi in relationz 2 majority of the combat related content. :o
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    How about buff up everything else to be worthwhile using, so it's situational instead of Chains are just too good not to use?
    JazmynWolfandWolfZeoRheySherri[Deleted User]CoolAid
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited February 8, 2018
    @you're going to need some serious aggro managing or something to solo alban herioc or phant with JUST chains

Getting Dorcha isnt as fast and "EZ" as you're making it out to be
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    buff my archery please~
    Veylaine
  • UnisexUnisex
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    edited February 8, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    I don’t really think Chain Slash need to be nerfed or a sort of rebalancing, in my honest opinion.

I mean, remember when we first got Fighter back in G16 and some people was like ‘omg it’s too OP, nerf pls!!’ then the same thing happened with Puppetry when it came out where you could literally use it to solo just about everything and then there’s Gunner and Ninja after a while... same for bash, FH, magnum spam (for some elves), Blaze users, and GFS users that can be very overpowered too but didn’t get nerfed..

But Chain can basicly just.. do EVERYTHING. Theres no weakness to it. Even when puppets were at its peak, it still had load times, that risked you getting effedup, and didnt do amazing on single targets DPS wise. I know mabi has always had a problem with powercreep, but Jesus. This is just comically overpowered.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey
    @you're going to need some serious aggro managing or something to solo alban herioc or phant with JUST chains

Getting Dorcha isnt as fast and "EZ" as you're making it out to be

But that's my point. Anything that doesn't have a similar difficulty of phantasm or is immune to melee or haz heavystanderz are pretty much only thing stopping this OP talent. Without any real check chainz dominate every other talent far by a mile. And Dorcha isn't really that hard 2 build up 2 to launch one of the nuke AOE or just one 2 impale lock either. Bachram+Conversion+Dorcha Snatch can sustain U real easily. Divine link is a thing 2 4 aggro management. @ this point the only things making anything(combat talents) worthier than chainz is really niche and situational. :o