Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Chocolatier Romance Event

animegeekanimegeek
Mabinogi Rep: 450
in General Chat
I just did this event and this is by far the most frustrating event I have done in a long time. the multiaggro makes it tough for melee to do anything due to the splash damage on every weapon.

Comments

• EnaEna
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    start with killing thing that look like stick and it drop weapon.
    use that weapon for normal 3 hit to reduce they protection and follow up with large aoe skill.
    hydra trans skill work well
    love choc recipe 23 choc, 13 wheat 7 secret
    hate choc recipe 16 almond 16 drak choc 9secret
    finish before 5 min and u will get high scroll point
    have fun
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    were you around for the treasure hunter free rebirth? if you got crisis escape from there it really helps get the aggro off you instantly :) play dead helps too if you're not a giant
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    it's kinda silly how OP dance of death is in this event, I just Dance, encore dance, and maybe kill 1-5 more ingredients if needed and afk for 4 minutes, lol
    Negumiko
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    Since ur melee just bash using the stick that drops
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Windmill + assault slash everything then bash for the leftover mobs when you have only a few ingredients left.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Bash is definitely the best for kitchen dungeon. I've also noticed that Bone dragon summoning AOE ignores the ingredient's defense and doesn't seem to splash them.

Fallen Fairy is even better. In fact, I can easily get most ingredients just by summoning Fallen Fairy twice. It's AOE doesn't knock back but "infects" them with a sort of bleed status that ignores prot/def.

I consistently have been ending a minute early, and have to wait around for the appropriate time so I can hit the fork.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited February 8, 2018
    I kill each fondue-stick-thing as it appears. (They tend to come in threes.) Otherwise, by 5 minutes you have a bunch of them but few ingredients, plus, they get in the way. Then I just smack ingredients from the outside or outer edge of the ring toward the center. Kill them whatever way works for you. Hit the fork when 4:45 or 5:00 has passed, even if you don't have enough ingredients. Try to keep the ratio of ingredients the same as the amount in the recipe. If you're having real problems, try just killing one spice, two flour, and three chocolates, or killing two spice, four flour, and six chocolates, etc.. It doesn't matter if other things are killed in the circle, such as the sticks, pets, or partners.

I haven't had any better luck with 100% finishes than with 65% finishes, so don't get too worried about lower scores. Just don't forget to do the dungeon at least once a day and go see Chocolette (or however her name is spelled). Other passes can be hoarded until you have the time or patience to use them. They don't have expiration dates, so just make sure to use them before the event is over.

Pro Tip: The totems can be fed to an ego, or sold to NPCs for 1k gold. And you can pick up the ones other people drop.

At least there are no rats. I really, really hate rats.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    And remember, if you care about points, rank up the Tasting Skill.
    Each rank in Tasting is 1 free bonus point to your Kitchen Dungeon score.

So at rank 1 that's 15 bonus points.
    Jazmyn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    it's kinda silly how OP dance of death is in this event, I just Dance, encore dance, and maybe kill 1-5 more ingredients if needed and afk for 4 minutes, lol

yeah, it can easily be done in under a minute with dance of death and the rest is just waiting to hit the wood fork. sometimes you have to kill 3 or 4 of the ingredients you need with one of the sticks that drop to even out the number of ingredients but overall it is extremely easy with dance of death and encore. for some reason I find the hate recipe easier to do and I hit the fork when 8 minutes are remaining (or 4 minutes have passed) and get a score of 79 or higher.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    I got a strawberry bonbon mini gem, and they're one of the scariest things I've seen in Mabi, but not in a cool, creepy kind of way. More of an I-will-eat-off-your-face-while-you-sleep kind of way. I expected it to be smaller.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 8, 2018
    Basically if you don't have a lot of aoe pets to spam, it's going to be challenging.

Makes it hard to do it on alts. That was intentional.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 8, 2018
    Just bash things until you can hit the fork.
    Points are pretty much meaningless even getting 100 points everytime just gives me the 0 point prizes.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    edited February 8, 2018
    If you're having a hard time killing things quickly, it's best to try to get the plain prize box instead of stressing to get the fancy one, since the only difference is the likelihood of the "good" prizes (which I assume it's the clothing). Considering how long the event runs, and that you can get five boxes a day, it's almost assured you'll get everything you want. To get a plain box, you only need to earn 50 points, against the 75 required for the fancy one.

In order to get 50 points in a run, you just need to kill:

Hate Recipe: 6 almond choco, 6 dark choco, 3 spices
    Love recipe: 6 choco, 3 wheat, 1 spice

You can go over a bit (like, say, 7 choco for Love recipe), and up to a couple fondue sticks monster can fall in as well; the end review will just chastise you for using too little ingredients, but the ingredients ratio will be correct and you'll get the points (and more importantly, the daily quest's requirements will be met). Hit the fork at 5:00 elapsed time, 5:15 at the latest.

As for the actual killing, I recommend a sword, for Bleeding effect. This is how I go about it:

- Of course, first I kill a fondue stick monster to get a weapon that will lower the ingredients' defense and prot. I Smash or Charge to take this initial victim off the cooking (red) area to avoid losing points over it.
    - Once armed with the weapon it dropped, I go hit a cluster of ingredients, even if there's a fondue stick monster there; chances are it won't target me anyway. I hit the cluster with the full attack combo of the weapon (i.e. until they're sent flying) to ensure they've lost enough defense; you can see how each subsequent hit deals them more damage than the last.
    - I try to keep track of all the ingredients I just sent flying, while switching to my sword. I choose one victim to start with, and load either Smash or Bash. I maneuver behind the target so I'm between it and the pot's wall, ensuring that when it dies it will fall within the cooking area, and let it have it. Coupled with Bleeding, a Smash tends to one-hit them. If I'm using Bash, either I'll keep an eye on my Stam and drink pots as necessary, or use a Stamina Elixir that will keep it topped off for the 5 minutes the mission needs.
    - After I kill my first victim, I move to the next one from the cluster I hit, until all such ingredients are dead or the recipe no longer calls for them, and then I repeat the process.
    - I ignore all other fondue stick monsters unless they insist on going after me (they attack me more than twice), in which case I just take them out as fast as possible, with the sword. Remember that you can load Defense even as they're whaling on you.
    - The weapons the fondue stick monsters drop aren't great at dealing damage, so don't use them to finish ingredients off as it'll take forever.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    What multi aggro? I barely get hit, ever. And if I do, defense, melee/smash. I'm not a main mage btw.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    I'm not sure if the chocolate sticks that drop in the dungeon stack on the -defense like rusty swords, but I believe they do as you keep hitting the damage goes higher and higher. I just fight with it. Those who have higher damage ratio's can usually kill through the high defense.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I always do it like this

Kill fondue stick monster and get the stick.

Windmill a cluster of the ingredients with the fondue stick to lower their defense

Chain sweep one or twwo times

The best recipe to do is the secret hate recipe.
    You only need to get 6 almond chocolate and some other ingredients, than wait till the timer is 6:45 than hit the fork.

And VOILA, you cleared it

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I always do it like this

Kill fondue stick monster and get the stick.

Windmill a cluster of the ingredients with the fondue stick to lower their defense

Chain sweep one or twwo times

The best recipe to do is the secret hate recipe.
    You only need to get 6 almond chocolate and some other ingredients, than wait till the timer is 6:45 than hit the fork.

And VOILA, you cleared it

You don't even have to wait that long for a fancy gift box. I get them frequently at 7:30 on the clock.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    1. Dance of Death.
    2. 1 AoE Pet.
    3. Pick up the stick
    4. Bash remaining ingredients if you care about perfection
    5. Afk for 4 minutes then hit fork
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 9, 2018
    Pet AOE spam.
    WM - pick up stick.
    Optional: Rage Impact + WM, Wm a couple more times.
    Watch a little youtube.
    Pet spam again, Wait for 7:30 on the clock.
    Done.

I recipe doesn't have to be perfect to get the fancy box, it just has to be over the numbers required.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    lullaby + spam pets do wonder

Dance of death is very effective

Hydra

orthodox style is by hitting them with stick is too slow, but you can hit them slowly 3 or 4 times then do AOE attack such as chain sweep or Shooting rush or anything that has high damage and large aoe