Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ok... really?

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
in General Chat
So at the bottom of the latest patch notes it says they fixed some dialogue, which I'm glad for, don't get me wrong, but the last thing bugs me a little. The dialogue for final hit that previously pointed to the wrong dungeon has FINALLY been fixed. Final hit has been out for what, 8 years? Telling people to go to the wrong dungeon is a pretty big mistake, and dialogue is a pretty easy thing to change. It would literally take 5 minutes to go in and retype the contents of that. Its not like they have to recode anything to change dialogue, so why the hell was that left like that for 8 YEARS? That should have been changed the very next day after final hit came out, not 8 years later. Simple things like this being completely ignored for insane amounts of time like 8 years is why myself and many others keep quitting this game for months at a time, or worse, permanently. Is it really too much to ask for a single shred of quality control? I mean come on, 8 years to change some disastrously wrong dialogue? And this game is packed to exploding with things just like that. Every 5 minutes or less I spend playing this game I find myself face to face with another reminder that what I am playing is not a quality product, like when you buy a pair of scissors from the dollar store that tear paper instead of cutting it or something like that. Buggy animations, rubberbanding, misspelled or incorrect dialogue, displacement, walking to attack some random offscreen thing in Qilla when I try to talk to an NPC there, and don't even get me started on things like the "you're too far away to harvest that" when you're standing INSIDE the thing you're trying to harvest. No matter what way you slice it, in its current state, Mabinogi just isn't a quality game.
sos123456

Comments

• ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    A lot of those are lag issues, not issues with how the game is made.
    Paxseko[Deleted User]
  • LetusLetus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    A lot of the things one would think should have been fixed years ago weren't broken years ago, ... that's to say .. future patches broke them and fixed them. A brief scan of your post history says a lot of your misconceptions. ~ Perhaps if you had been here for the past 8 years you would better understand. ~ Have a nice day.

*Flashbacks of Iria Update*
    [Deleted User]Unisex
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 9, 2018
    A lot of the things one would think should have been fixed years ago weren't broken years ago, ... that's to say .. future patches broke them and fixed them.
    Shadoe wrote: »
    A lot of those are lag issues, not issues with how the game is made.

^ These things, and it also requires us players to report the bugs, glitches, text errors, etc, properly for anything to get done.
    Paxseko[Deleted User]
  • PaxsekoPaxseko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    edited February 9, 2018
    A lot of the things one would think should have been fixed years ago weren't broken years ago, ... that's to say .. future patches broke them and fixed them.

But the final hit quest was broken when I got final hit on my human something like-- hmm.... 7 years ago. around G14's time. I specifically remember trying to get into Maiz because I was told to, and then I had to break out the wiki. If so, it's still been broken for 6 years that I know of.

I agree it requires people to report the issues properly, but most people just getting final hit for the first time don't know how to do that. It isn't exactly like there's a clear indication of where to report these issues without digging around.
  • sos123456sos123456
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Honestly I completely Agree.