Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Naco commerce event

Comments

• Sarah2Sarah2
    Mabinogi Rep: 785
    Where do the bandits spawn in Bangor? I waited till 6pm in game time and nothing happened. I had registered my character and picked Bangor as my location but nothing appeared.
  • SpiritikaSpiritika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    edited February 9, 2018
    When trying to turn in red badges to receive a box, Naco tells me that I'm 'not on the list.' I've already completed the daily quest and turned in the required badges to Nico in Tir Chonaill so now trying to get my daily 3 boxes. I have 26 red badges.

I did this event last time and I'm using the same character this time.

What do I need to to do be able to turn in my badges to receive the boxes?

Edit - I figured out that I need to turn in the badges at the same location as the daily quest.
    Jazmyn
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Sarah2 wrote: »
    Where do the bandits spawn in Bangor? I waited till 6pm in game time and nothing happened. I had registered my character and picked Bangor as my location but nothing appeared.

They appear a few further north of the Bangor moon gate on the east side before the path way to Gairech
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Sell your trade goods in batches of 5k profit.
    PROFIT, just to emphasize.
    Not total ducats, but profit.

Trading is where I get a majority of my red badges.

Like if I were carrying 50 items, and each had 500 profit, that'd be a total of 25,000 profit.
    I could trade it all at once for 3 badges, or sell 10 at a time (5k profit) five times and get 5 badges.

Is there an easy way to determine if what you carry will bring at least 5k profit to a destination(s)?

The math I do is:

(Item Quantity x Sell price) - (Item Quantity x Buy price)

For example (including the 1% discount), for Wagon (non-rental) you can carry at most 45 marble at 364 Ducats each, which in total costs 16,380 ducats. One destination will buy it 100 ducats more (464 ducats each), being a total of 20,880.

Say you wanted a batch of 1k profit for skill training, and there's a profit of 4,500 total when you reach your destination.

The way I tackle it is lower the quantity for both Buy (when starting commerce) and Sell (when you reached your destination) portions of the equation until I get close to 1k as possible without going under the minimum profit batch.

In this case, I would sell Marble in batches of 10 for 1k profits each, but coming to that conclusion may not always be easy and will require some time to punch in numbers over and over until you get a satisfied number, going through ranges of 100's or 10's before going to 1's.

Is there an easier way to do this so you don't waste time and risk having the prices change on you while you're calculating?
    Spiritika wrote: »
    When trying to turn in red badges to receive a box, Naco tells me that I'm 'not on the list.' I've already completed the daily quest and turned in the required badges to Nico in Tir Chonaill so now trying to get my daily 3 boxes. I have 26 red badges.

I did this event last time and I'm using the same character this time.

What do I need to to do be able to turn in my badges to receive the boxes?

Edit - I figured out that I need to turn in the badges at the same location as the daily quest.

Like to know myself since I got DC'd due to a channel crash in Ruairi. I still have the event daily for Tir, but I'm not able to complete it (nor has a Give Up option).

While I do have the option to trade the red badges for 5k ducats each, gonna stock up on them just in case I can do the event the next day... however if I'm unable to do the event at all... then no sheep for me then. :(
    Sarah2
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    lceCream wrote: »
    Lantearia wrote: »
    Can I just state that, I know it's easier to get Bandit Badges by using Final Hit when the mob spawns, but I don't think it's fair to other players to do so? I've had this happen multiple times, and, it prevents other players from getting more than one badge from the boss. I've even changed channels because of this... I'm not trying to be too rude, but, it makes this event less fun if only one person gets every badge from the mob.

Sorry about this... I didn't know where else to put it.

Same here. All the humans with final hit killing everything

Just use chainblade its every races new final hit...
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Is there even any benefit to finishing the guy off? I only ever seem to get 1 badge regardless
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Maia wrote: »
    Is there even any benefit to finishing the guy off? I only ever seem to get 1 badge regardless

You get 1 badge when you hit him.
    Killing him drops literally nothing.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    in case anyone was wondering the badges also are worth 300 ducats each at the trade imp
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    LongSly wrote: »
    Is there an easy way to determine if what you carry will bring at least 5k profit to a destination(s)?
    Before you sell to the trade post, there's red numbers at the far right of the name of the goods, which indicates the profit. Then I take note of the amount I bought. In order to determine how many of the goods will give you a profit of say, 5k, I calculated like this: 5000/profit

So say you bought 90 alchemy crystals, which has a profit of 200 ducats each, in order to sell in chunks so that each chunk has a profit of at least 5k ducats = 5000/200 = 25. So, 25 alchemy crystals can net you 5k profit.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited February 9, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    You get 1 badge when you hit him.
    Killing him drops literally nothing.

Wrong... he dropped common leather once. :P JUST SAYING! :D (but yeah you don't have to kill him, just attack him... he does make a good training farm though!)
    ShouK wrote: »
    Before you sell to the trade post, there's red numbers at the far right of the name of the goods, which indicates the profit. Then I take note of the amount I bought. In order to determine how many of the goods will give you a profit of say, 5k, I calculated like this: 5000/profit

So say you bought 90 alchemy crystals, which has a profit of 200 ducats each, in order to sell in chunks so that each chunk has a profit of at least 5k ducats = 5000/200 = 25. So, 25 alchemy crystals can net you 5k profit.

I'll test out that theory... thank you.

Question: what if in the case of it not being a whole number? Do you round UP or DOWN?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Always round up. So if you need to sell 8.7 items to get 5k, sell 9 items otherwise you'll fall short.
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Greta wrote: »
    LewnaJa wrote: »
    Nexon can't make one quality event these days. And they keep bringing back the worst ones too. What happened to Iria treasure hunt? The treasure box event? The 4th of july boxes? The events that got you good stuff without you having to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the game?

It really sickens me to see the developers continue to let this game drown when KR and JP seem to have their s*** together just fine. I've played this game for 10 years and I've watched it continue to slip down the hole. New promotions along side every single event is really starting to get on my nerves.

What I really wish the devs would do is stop making updates altogether for a couple years and just run their dumb promotions in the mean time so they can update the game to an entirely new engine. But you know, that'll never happen. Lol

Edit: a server merge would be nice too, but all the whales would kill each other because they're not the biggest fashionogi anymore which Nexon is scared of them ragequitting and losing money.

Great wall of Crap.

I bet you're one of them. lol
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Nexon can't make one quality event these days. And they keep bringing back the worst ones too. What happened to Iria treasure hunt? The treasure box event? The 4th of july boxes? The events that got you good stuff without you having to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on the game?

It really sickens me to see the developers continue to let this game drown when KR and JP seem to have their s*** together just fine. I've played this game for 10 years and I've watched it continue to slip down the hole. New promotions along side every single event is really starting to get on my nerves.

What I really wish the devs would do is stop making updates altogether for a couple years and just run their dumb promotions in the mean time so they can update the game to an entirely new engine. But you know, that'll never happen. Lol

Edit: a server merge would be nice too, but all the whales would kill each other because they're not the biggest fashionogi anymore which Nexon is scared of them ragequitting and losing money.

Great wall of Crap.

Whether Greta is "ONE OF THEM" that enjoys looking nice in-game or not, it really is a Great wall of Crap.

I mean, I love server merge ideas...And I think a new game engine sounds fun and delightful...But the way you present it just insults others.
    Greta
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa
    KimCheolsu wrote: »

Great wall of Crap.

Whether Greta is "ONE OF THEM" that enjoys looking nice in-game or not, it really is a Great wall of Crap.

I mean, I love server merge ideas...And I think a new game engine sounds fun and delightful...But the way you present it just insults others.

And who in particular am I insulting here? Nobody is coming up with actual disagreements other than "wow you're mean". Yeah, it gets old when you see your favorite MMO turn to garbage over the course of 10 years. It's not like I'm trying to attack these people for how much they spend on this game. I'm only stating that if the servers merged, they would probably not be happy with the fact that they're no longer the #1 Fashionogi. The other part is the markets. People don't want the economy to be healthy because it ruins their monopoly.

This game has some of the most fun combat mechanics in any game I've ever played, and my frustration stems from the fact that Nexon is just letting this game die. They import the updates from Korea but don't really make an effort to advertise this game or try to reel in new players. I mean, when was the last time you saw an ad for Mabinogi anywhere?
  • SorrowwolfeSorrowwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Maybe we should try to stay on topic... ^^;
    If you want to discuss something other than what this topic is about, make another forum, or join one of the many other similar threads.

--
    I haven't personally gotten anything good from the boxes, wanting to get the carpentry bench for my husband. So I just decided to enjoy the extra 30% to commerce, while also collecting some badges for the event.

Anyone get anything they wanted from the boxes yet?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Can I just state that, I know it's easier to get Bandit Badges by using Final Hit when the mob spawns, but I don't think it's fair to other players to do so? I've had this happen multiple times, and, it prevents other players from getting more than one badge from the boss. I've even changed channels because of this... I'm not trying to be too rude, but, it makes this event less fun if only one person gets every badge from the mob.

Final Hit? Just walk in and summon a Bone Dragon and you got the area cleared already.
    ShouK wrote: »

There are 7 channels and multiple spawn points......... just either change channels or change locations.

We are, like. Several thousand players. Divide into 7 channels, 6 towns.

I don't think that number equals said thousand players.

Doens't help when each player is going to do it at least five this each to accumulate said 20 badges a day.
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625

Great wall of Crap.

And who in particular am I insulting here? Nobody is coming up with actual disagreements other than "wow you're mean". Yeah, it gets old when you see your favorite MMO turn to garbage over the course of 10 years. It's not like I'm trying to attack these people for how much they spend on this game. I'm only stating that if the servers merged, they would probably not be happy with the fact that they're no longer the #1 Fashionogi. The other part is the markets. People don't want the economy to be healthy because it ruins their monopoly.

This game has some of the most fun combat mechanics in any game I've ever played, and my frustration stems from the fact that Nexon is just letting this game die. They import the updates from Korea but don't really make an effort to advertise this game or try to reel in new players. I mean, when was the last time you saw an ad for Mabinogi anywhere?

I mean, I like your arguement in this post more than the last, not sure why. Maybe it's more concentrated on explaining seriously.

I mean, I found Mabinogi from an advertisement on the bottom of the website I was watching anime from. Although I joined Mabinogi, coincidentally, the year/year after the game was introduced to NA.........
  • LewnaJaLewnaJa

Great wall of Crap.

I mean, I like your arguement in this post more than the last, not sure why. Maybe it's more concentrated on explaining seriously.

I mean, I found Mabinogi from an advertisement on the bottom of the website I was watching anime from. Although I joined Mabinogi, coincidentally, the year/year after the game was introduced to NA.........

I'll admit I was rather rude, but I get really irritated on this subject. There are so many things that can be done to better this game.

And yeah, I joined this game in 2008 after seeing an advertisement on a private server website for RuneScape haha. They used to advertise this game and it was mega popular. I just hate to see one of my favorite things being milked for all it's worth when it can be rejuvenated to live again. It's popular and JP and KR. Why not NA? You know?
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    The game was advertised on facebook during memento.

I got the mabiland Stage Prop.
    Its 1x17 and you can make change from day to night by clicking on it.2018-02-10_1.png
    2018-02-10_2.png
    Also when you make it night time the stars blink/flicker.
    Really neat item i hope we get more of these.
  • SorrowwolfeSorrowwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Opalthira wrote: »
    The game was advertised on facebook during memento.

I got the mabiland Stage Prop.
    Its 1x17 and you can make change from day to night by clicking on it.
    2018-02-10_1.png
    2018-02-10_2.png
    Also when you make it night time the stars blink/flicker.
    Really neat item i hope we get more of these.

That is really neat, I had no idea that you could switch it from day to night.
    I hope I manage to get one.

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    That's a huge prop alright.

We almost need another expansion ticket.