Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

nerf the advancement tests!

Hoshilove12345Hoshilove12345
Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
edited February 9, 2018 in General Chat
so for the last year (almost) i been pretending the advancement tests do not exist.... for the simple reason that they are not friendly to those of us with high ping..... i just spent 5 minutes in chain slasher advancement test pinned against the wall by 30 bats.... i tried to kill them one at a time but NOOOO... they all agro at the same time and take turns hitting u so no skills for u! u cant even normal attack or even counterwm... this is ridiculous. as of now i only have dan1 skills only cause at higher ranks the lag is so much that skills don't load in time... anyways... I'm done with Dan tests until they decide to nerf them for our sake... i mean the advancements test should be about us being able to complete a task using the skills provided... not to pray to rngesus and pinGOD for the lucky break to do it when the stars align!

please nexon nerf these tests! if not... then -removed- (Please do not dodge the language filter.)Dan tests.
  1. Should advancement tests be nerfed and be made ping player friendly?42 votes
    1. YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DECREASE THE AGGRO AT LEAST!!
       74% (31 votes)
    2. NO! I am a masochist and i love pain!
       17% (7 votes)
    3. what are dan tests?.... (really!?)
       10% (4 votes)

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    tenor.gif
    SorrowwolfeGretaNilrem[Deleted User]YokkaichiRadiant DawnTheNyanCatcourtneyy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Another thread with biased poll. I guess it's a thing in these forums.
    Nilrem[Deleted User]TrythisTheNyanCatKakiPi
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The reason Dan Tests are so hard with Lag is because, like 99% of Mabinogi, they were not designed around Lag.
    They can't be blamed for your connection speed.

Also yay biased poll.

I choose a forced 4th answer of "I actually like the challenge."
    [Deleted User]KakiPi
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 9, 2018
    This is an honest question, I have not done many Dan tests, and the ones I have done were range and combat on two different characters awhile ago, so seriously, this is an honest question...

Why would anyone allow themselves to be pinned up in a corner with a chain in hand by 30 bats trying to kill them one at a time, and not just say screw it and chain sweep and move on to the next group of monsters to save yourself time? Like.... I get the counter, normal attack, wm thing... but I can fit chain sweep in pretty easily.... maybe its' the ping thing... (I don't understand "ping")

Maybe you don't have chain sweep in the test, maybe you tried and just were unable to? I don't know.... :(

But I really don't get it? Is there another reason for this? And aren't death mark and spinning slasher the only Danable chain skills.... so I don't get the one at a time thing... I don't understanddd.... :s maybe I should just try it and see... :o
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    edited February 9, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Why would anyone allow themselves to be pinned up in a corner with a chain in hand by 30 bats trying to kill them one at a time, and not just say screw it and chain sweep and move on to the next group of monsters to save yourself time? Like.... I get the counter, normal attack, wm thing... but I can fit chain sweep in pretty easily.... maybe its' the ping thing... (I don't understand "ping")
    I got pinned a lot of times too so I can imagine. Iirc Bats attacks like wolves right? Their attack are fast. SO if you get aggroed by more than one bats, the bats will keep on hitting you non-stop. A normal player would just load some skills to counter that right? However....that's the thing. It needs to LOAD first to be able to do that. For those of us who plays with high ping, it takes literally forever to load.

I also pretend that Dan tests don't exist past Dan 2 for combat-based tests. I can't even do Dan 1 firebolt.. It's pretty much impossible with my lag.
    Jazmyn
  • ShouKShouK
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Liyeta , @ShouK , @Hoshilove12345 ... ~ Are you familiar with TCP Optimizer by Speedguide?

Acquire a copy of TCP Optimizer and use it (requires no installation and it's free). ~ ↑
    Simply run it, choose Optimal on the bottom row of choices, hit apply and reboot.

References:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_tuning#TCP_speed_limits

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-affecs-pings-latency-rtt-268
    You're never gonna admit lag is a thing, pointless to argue.
    KagaNeyna
  • JazmynJazmyn
    ShouK wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I got pinned a lot of times too so I can imagine. Iirc Bats attacks like wolves right? Their attack are fast. SO if you get aggroed by more than one bats, the bats will keep on hitting you non-stop. A normal player would just load some skills to counter that right? However....that's the thing. It needs to LOAD first to be able to do that. For those of us who plays with high ping, it takes literally forever to load.

I also pretend that Dan tests don't exist past Dan 2 for combat-based tests. I can't even do Dan 1 firebolt.. It's pretty much impossible with my lag.
    Ah, I see. I know some skills take awhile for me to load, but chain sweep for some odd reason isn't one of those and has helped me out of sticky situations many times now. (Thank Goddess, lol)

I live in the boondocks of the midwest and I have a very rural isp and well, my only other option is satellite. Not sure where ping would relate there, if it does at all... [IT/networking/server/etc-illiterate]
  • ShouKShouK
    @ShouK
    You're never gonna admit lag is a thing, pointless to argue.
    My reply doesn't deny the existence of lag. If you do what I said, it should improve your connection a hundred fold.
    I live in Asia where the internet connection here is not as advanced as the west and Korea's, I did everything already and we have had this conversation before. You in particular already got into several arguments with other forumers about this too.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Got an intel i7 8700k with 64 gb of ddr4 ram with 2 GTX Titans and i have google fiber connection.

Nope, must be my problem.
    KagaBlissfulkill
  • ShouKShouK
    I live in Asia where the internet connection here is not as advanced as the west and Korea's, I did everything already and we have had this conversation before. You in particular already got into several arguments with other forumers about this too.
    That doesn't make what I said wrong. Now or then.
    Sure, sure, just assume you're always right yeah ;)
  • ShouKShouK
    bleeeh bleeh blah blah ... ~ I am right. ~ You said I deny lag exists, and that's not true.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14857/mabi-is-too-laggy
    I don't want to derail the thread, let's just stop here. It's pointless to argue with you.
  • ShouKShouK
    If you didn't want to derail thread you would not have tried so hard to do it, nor would you continue.
    I already imply several times that I don’t want to argue with you by not making any points at all that you can reply to, but you keep on trying to add more points.

Fine then, I’m not gonna replying to you anymore after this post.
  • ShouKShouK
    Sure, whatever you say.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I know its definitely my own problem, I have to play on satellite internet due to no other options being available in my area. I play with around 2k ping on any game I play and it is really awful.

Can't do dan tests unless I go to my friends house. Then they are easy peasy! But here, yeah I will say they are all impossible. Would be up for a nerf.
  • LadameLadame
    edited February 9, 2018
    @Hardmuscle
    My friend lives a town over. They have mediacom. They don't have connection issues. We can't get anything other than satellite cause we live on the edge of town and live (unfortunately) 600 feet out of service range.

edit: Btw, am not mad at anyone. I got a lot of patience dealing with my internet. Just thought I would share my situation and agree I would like a nerf too. Admitted that its entirely on me and my cruddy internet also!
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited February 9, 2018
    Julie wrote: »
    Got an intel i7 8700k with 64 gb of ddr4 ram with 2 GTX Titans and i have google fiber connection.

Nope, must be my problem.

you clearly aren't using the correct titans, i bet it will solve when you upgrade to a titan Xp, you're probably using a titan X pascal which isnt the same thing because nvidia sucks, would also advise against getting a titan V because nvidia forgot to add the sli thingy to those and what kinda uncultured swine doesnt run quad gpu setups :^)

also i dont think the 8700k has enough cores for mabinogi
    Julie
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Ladame wrote: »
    My friend lives a town over. They have mediacom. They don't have connection issues. We can't get anything other than satellite cause we live on the edge of town and live (unfortunately) 600 feet out of service range.

Ouch @ satellite being your only option. We live like 1/4 of a mile out of service range of cable, but we at least get DSL. :(

@Hardmuscle: What is the "latency" and "jitter" at the bottom of the speed test results from that website? My numbers were 95ms and 4ms... Is that relevant to any of this ping thing? (Sorry for my ignorance, lol. :# )
    [Deleted User]
  • DiiDii
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Also on Satellite. Unless a better ISP can expand into my area my situation is incurable. :(
  • LadameLadame
    Kinda neat results to share, my internet is being (subjectively) really great right now!

CMD revealed to me, my ms connecting to speedguide.net and nexon.net (I tried both) were 600-2.7k ms. A super varied result! After a few lines however, it was just a bunch of connection timed out.

But yea, anyone with normal internet should definitely try all the solutions Hardmuscle suggested. Every little bit helps, when it comes to latency, I say.
    [Deleted User]JazmynDii
  • AlignmentAlignment
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    so for the last year (almost) i been pretending the advancement tests do not exist.... for the simple reason that they are not friendly to those of us with high ping..... i just spent 5 minutes in chain slasher advancement test pinned against the wall by 30 bats.... i tried to kill them one at a time but NOOOO... they all agro at the same time and take turns hitting u so no skills for u! u cant even normal attack or even counterwm... this is ridiculous. as of now i only have dan1 skills only cause at higher ranks the lag is so much that skills don't load in time... anyways... I'm done with Dan tests until they decide to nerf them for our sake... i mean the advancements test should be about us being able to complete a task using the skills provided... not to pray to rngesus and pinGOD for the lucky break to do it when the stars align!

please nexon nerf these tests! if not... then -removed- (Please do not dodge the language filter.)Dan tests.

Who said Dan tests were supposed to be easy to complete? You think Phantasm doesn't have multi-aggro? If it means so much to you, go to your school or library just to do the Dan test (most schools and libraries have wicked fast internet).
    [Deleted User]