Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

A half-assed explanation again :v

SheenaSheena
Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
edited February 9, 2018 in General Chat
I took this post from other thread

Need 20 badges per day, 5 for the daily quest, then 15 (5x3) for the three boxes you can buy every real day.

On the topic of this event, the announcement doesn't mention some stuff.

Like, you aren't defending a caravan that travels between cities, you're fighting bandits that spawn in each commerce town at 6pm in-game nights.

Or that you can get red badges via commercing, if you don't want to wait for spawns.
5k profit in one sell = 1 badge
10k = 2 badges
20k = 3 badges

(best to sell in batches of 5k profit)
Please add this info to the event description since its IMPORTANT
[Deleted User]Shadoe

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 10, 2018
    Does anyone have any information on all of the locations where the bandits actually spawn?

February 10, 2018 EDIT:
    Chakylin wrote: »
    Tir - Next to trading post
    Dunbarton - North of the city
    Tail - Tail East MG near the trading post
    Emain - Northern Gate MG (the one you use for girg raids)
    Tara - By the main MG, about 1/3 to stonehenge
    Bangor - Just north of town

@Raincloud95 @LongSly @Chakylin Thank you all for your insight into where the bandits spawn!

[Deleted User]Raincloud95
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on all of the locations where the bandits actually spawn?

usually the spawn withing a few feet of the trading post.
    [Deleted User]Sheena
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    does any bandits spawn for port cobh or is it just connected with Dunbarton? what about Belvast?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Arjune wrote: »
    does any bandits spawn for port cobh or is it just connected with Dunbarton? what about Belvast?
    As far as I know, bandits only spawn for the town that's included in the quest: Tir, Dunby, Bangor, Emain, Tail, Tara
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    ShouK wrote: »
    As far as I know, bandits only spawn for the town that's included in the quest: Tir, Dunby, Bangor, Emain, Tail, Tara

oh right XD makes sense
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited February 9, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »

I went to Emain and Bangor trading posts, and I didn't see where either spawned...
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    edited February 9, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »

I went to Emain and Bangor trading posts, and I didn't see where either spawned...

i think you have to register with naco which city you will go to. it might affect if you can see them or not.

Edit: nvm, I think they spawn at the moongate nearest to the trading post. I was at Emain post wondering where the bandits were, cc'd to ch1 and asked a random person and they said the spawn was near the moon gate but it was already 10pm so I didn't get anything. Rip.

So for Emain try standing beside Emain Macha North Moon Gate. I can't confirm for certain the others yet
    Jazmyn
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    i think you have to register with naco which city you will go to. it might affect if you can see them or not.
    You don't need to. You can kill bandits at all town regardless of which town you register at Naco.
    Jazmyn
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210

Bangor bandits spawn North of the moon gate (outside Bangor) on the east side before the pathway to Gairech.
    Jazmyn
  • ChakylinChakylin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    Tir - Next to trading post
    Dunbarton - North of the city
    Tail - Tail East MG near the trading post
    Emain - Northern Gate MG (the one you use for girg raids)
    Tara - By the main MG, about 1/3 to stonehenge
    Bangor - Just north of town
    Jazmyn
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    ShouK wrote: »

Port Cobh was left out last year as well. kind of a shame it does not have red bandit spawns as it might give more red bandits for some players to hunt. on the bright side if you commerce directly from Port Cobh you don't get the line of text about red bandits and badges there and can go straight to commerce about 10 seconds faster then any of the other commerce posts.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    edited February 10, 2018
    So what causes me to no longer get drops from the bandits? I tried changing locations, attack skills, and weapons, but no more badges are dropping. Is there a limit? Or maybe it resets at midnight and I haven't registered with a town since then?

Edit: Relogging fixed it.
    Jazmyn
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    I think it says it resets at 7am and I've gotten around 30-40 one time so if you got more then maybe? But I think a few people probably grinded max on day one. It'd be odd if it doesn't spawn unless no one did that town quest (I assume if that's the case then everyone who did that town clicked deliver badges (?))
  • ShadoeShadoe
    They spawn, I can get a ticket by punching the boss, but the other guys have stopped dropping tickets. Some people have said they've already collected enough tickets for the whole event, so it shouldn't be that there's a limit :/
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Shadoe wrote: »
    They spawn, I can get a ticket by punching the boss, but the other guys have stopped dropping tickets. Some people have said they've already collected enough tickets for the whole event, so it shouldn't be that there's a limit :/

Do you have Premium Service or VIP Service?

If you don't have either of those, you'll eventually get slapped with a field mob drop penalty.

Though, if you do get affected by that, you can still just commerce to get red badges.
  • ShadoeShadoe
    edited February 10, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Shadoe wrote: »

Do you have Premium Service or VIP Service?

If you don't have either of those, you'll eventually get slapped with a field mob drop penalty.

Though, if you do get affected by that, you can still just commerce to get red badges.

No, I killed monsters in two different maps before going back to bandits, and tried bandits in three different towns, and still no drops. I waited hours before killing bandits, still no drops. I'm going to re-log after supper and see if that helps.
    I know I can commerce, which is why I'm not panicking, but it's inconvenient
    and I'm lazy.
    Iyasenu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I guess people forgot how to use search engines.
    IyasenuShouK
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    engine joke
    vroom vroom
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    engine joke
    vroom vroom

Rofl. :D
    Iyasenu
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Except the forums search is garbage.
    VeylaineLadameShadoeWolfandWolfSheena