Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So.. more advert bots huh?

Comments

• NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 8, 2017
    @Darkpixie99 - Unfortunately making an F2P game into P2P doesn't solve bots at all. I know of a few games that are P2P that have botting issues both advert and farming. As for country ban - the amusing part is that many RMT companies are situated within the USA as well so that wouldn't help much in that regard. :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    @Rocis That is good to hear.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Policroma
    Policroma said:

Problem with reporting them is they just make another character....every 3 minutes.

It's called spam for a reason. :(

We need something they can't make another one of as easily.

Find out how blizzard perma bans hackers then do that to the bots.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They should just IP ban them...
    Helsa
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    IP banning and banning countries wouldn't really solve much because bots will always use proxies. The time when botting was at its worst were the massive wave of Chinese gold and ore farmers, and this was during the time when the game was exclusive to North America. Best solution to a botting infestation are both players and staff working together to point out hotspots and what websites to filter.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 10, 2017
    I know they will use proxies.... Best option is probably to make filters of the websites they are advertising orrrr... I got an idea. In past, i played one game where everytime if you spam like 5 messages too fast you get muted for 10 minutes. Maybe that would work...
    Helsa
  • AquarisAquaris
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Greta
    Greta said:

I know they will use proxies.... Best option is probably to make filters of the websites they are advertising orrrr... I got an idea. In past, i played one game where everytime if you spam like 5 messages too fast you get muted for 10 minutes. Maybe that would work...
    Won't work. They'll just make a new character.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I know what might help a little bit...block chinese based email providers? I mean China blocks us, so return the favor.

But then they most likely use VPN so they can access websites outside of their country...meh.