Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Real Talk: Nerf Chainz

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 10, 2018
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

Bow is only up to gem upgrade and chain has one blue upgrade stone... Current level 44, total 1367... I'm not knowledgeable on this stuff obviously, so I may not be seeing things everyone else who is more aware of how stats effect things... But I'm not seeing where a normal attack is like, 10k damage straight from the weapon's shop on a naked character.... :(
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited February 10, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

Bow is only up to gem upgrade and chain has one blue upgrade stone... Current level 44, total 1367... I'm not knowledgeable on this stuff obviously, so I may not be seeing things everyone else who is more aware of how stats effect things... But I'm not seeing where a normal attack is like, 10k damage straight from the weapon's shop on a naked character.... :(
    2018-02-10_10.png

r1 impale does 12k+ for me
    All my ap is in dex skills
    I am using the basic chainblade with enchants the event enchants on it.
    [Deleted User]RheyUnisex
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited February 10, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

2018-02-10_10.png

Here is sum moar pics 2 further drive in my point.
    Puppetry:
    Crit:
    vieert.png
    No-Crit:
    2yxrza0.png

Chainz:
    Crit:
    311oqqd.png
    No-Crit:
    1zxboyx.png

Weapons:
    2e5tovb.jpg

Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I haven't said much here, because there's far too many people depending on the word Talent to bother talking about it. I have no problem with you personally, Rhey. There are certain people in this forum who seem to think that because I disavow a direct need to dedicate myself to any specific Talent for any amount of time, this means I don't know how to play the game I've been playing for nearly 10 years. We don't really need Talents any more so (or any less so) than we needed Destinies (a bonus is nice but it's hardly a need or a must have). All they ever were for was a way to get people more acquainted with skills they either couldn't figure out how to obtain, or found them to be too difficult to obtain. There are people who firmly believe the talent you choose at the start can make or break your character permanently, and from among those inside that thought train come the largest amount of trolls not worth arguing with. ~ If you're a noob and you're reading this; There is no such thing as make it or break it in Mabinogi. There is no such thing as forever failure because you liked the wrong 'predetermined set of skills someone chose for you'. ~ Don't ever forget it.
    Ofc my goal was not to tell people how to have fun or 2 be mocking those who'd like to be sticking to their guns about what skill set to use. Far from it. I am just reality checking chains to be balanced so that prevs investments made into other skillsets won't be worthless. Dat feeling when U spent hundreds of dollars and millions of gold and under perform against a 5k cardinal in ferghus's shop...leaves a bad after taste U know? :s :'( :o
    And I don't hold anything personal myself either against anyone who disagrees. It's kewl. ;)

[Deleted User]Unisex
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    It's probably pretty safe to assume at this point that every time we get a new skill set, assuming it's not life skills, it will be more powerful than the last. That being said, leave chain alone.
    [Deleted User]GretaBuffalosRadiant DawnTrythisZeoVeylaineJazmynSherriCoolAid
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 11, 2018
    Lmao the end gamer moans about ChainZ being too OP. First remove all of your reforges and upgrades, oh and while you are at that untrain all of your skills as well. Then i want to hear your feedback.
    TrythisSherriCoolAid
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Rhey wrote: »
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

2018-02-10_10.png

Puppetry:
    Crit:
    vieert.png
    No-Crit:
    2yxrza0.png

Chainz:
    Crit:
    311oqqd.png
    No-Crit:
    1zxboyx.png

Weapons:
    2e5tovb.jpg

I haven't said much here, because there's far too many people depending on the word Talent to bother talking about it. I have no problem with you personally, Rhey. There are certain people in this forum who seem to think that because I disavow a direct need to dedicate myself to any specific Talent for any amount of time, this means I don't know how to play the game I've been playing for nearly 10 years. We don't really need Talents any more so (or any less so) than we needed Destinies (a bonus is nice but it's hardly a need or a must have). All they ever were for was a way to get people more acquainted with skills they either couldn't figure out how to obtain, or found them to be too difficult to obtain. There are people who firmly believe the talent you choose at the start can make or break your character permanently, and from among those inside that thought train come the largest amount of trolls not worth arguing with. ~ If you're a noob and you're reading this; There is no such thing as make it or break it in Mabinogi. There is no such thing as forever failure because you liked the wrong 'predetermined set of skills someone chose for you'. ~ Don't ever forget it.
    Ofc my goal was not to tell people how to have fun or 2 be mocking those who'd like to be sticking to their guns about what skill set to use. Far from it. I am just reality checking chains to be balanced so that prevs investments made into other skillsets won't be worthless. Dat feeling when U spent hundreds of dollars and millions of gold and under perform against a 5k cardinal in ferghus's shop...leaves a bad after taste U know? :s :'( :o
    And I don't hold anything personal myself either against anyone who disagrees. It's kewl. ;)

so cuz not enough $$$ was put into it, it needs to be weaker? :|
    Trythis
  • RheyRhey
    Julie wrote: »
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

2018-02-10_10.png

Puppetry:
    Crit:
    vieert.png
    No-Crit:
    2yxrza0.png

Chainz:
    Crit:
    311oqqd.png
    No-Crit:
    1zxboyx.png

Weapons:
    2e5tovb.jpg

Since all my investment made into other combat talent is pointless cuz "chainz"...can I get a refund on em? :o
  • JulieJulie
    edited February 11, 2018
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

2018-02-10_10.png

Puppetry:
    Crit:
    vieert.png
    No-Crit:
    2yxrza0.png

Chainz:
    Crit:
    311oqqd.png
    No-Crit:
    1zxboyx.png

Weapons:
    2e5tovb.jpg

Since all my investment made into other combat talent is pointless cuz "chainz"...can I get a refund on em? :o

can everyone get a refund for changes or updates they were unsatisfied with? I want to get a refund on my elf so i can move EVERYTHING over to a human
    TrythisZeoGretaRadiant DawnHazurahSherriCoolAid
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 11, 2018
    Demonic Infinite Bow:
    4ZaPohI.png

Stinger Chain Blade:
    LYeRXKK.png

2018-02-10_10.png

Puppetry:
    Crit:
    vieert.png
    No-Crit:
    2yxrza0.png

Chainz:
    Crit:
    311oqqd.png
    No-Crit:
    1zxboyx.png

Weapons:
    2e5tovb.jpg

can everyone get a refund for changes or updates they were unsatisfied with? I want to get a refund on my elf so i can move EVERYTHING over to a human

Cuz we can't...is pretty much the point of my thread's goal 2 reality check chainz.
    Elves can still do things better than other races and continue to get incremental buffs/nerfz(+Has it's own checks like other races w/ no lancing!).
    Even the elf QQ made sum noise to warrant dev to attempt sum form of balancing.
    Chainz shuld be a lot easier than a whole race 2 balanced.
    If no-one points it out developers will only buff chainz moar eventually till it's crazy broken. Making investments into anything else(combat talents) near-obsolete and situationally niche.
    :o
  • GretaGreta
    Devs will buff chainz even moar if we don't QQ to nerf it?

Dude... What are you smokin?
    TrythisZeoNilremRadiant DawnHazurahSherriCoolAid
  • JulieJulie

Cuz we can't...is pretty much the point of my thread's goal 2 reality check chainz.
    Elves can still do things better than other races and continue to get incremental buffs/nerfz(+Has it's own checks like other races w/ no lancing!).
    Even the elf QQ made sum noise to warrant dev to attempt sum form of balancing.
    Chainz shuld be a lot easier than a whole race 2 balanced.
    If no-one points it out developers will only buff chainz moar eventually till it's crazy broken. Making everything else near-obsolete and situationally niche.
    i still want my human because its far more convinient for me than what elves are now, things are not the same as they were 9 years ago, but i learned to deal with disapppintment quite a lot when it comes to this game, and no one's asking for the chains to be buffed at all. I get it, you can pour in so much money and youre at the top of your endgame already and youre surprised it does a lot of damage and you think its broken, but theres other people that think otherwise with what they already have themselves, not everyone find it to be as convinient as you think.
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 11, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Take a look @ my 30m+100$ investment vs 5k cardinal above.
    Then look @ the buffs update 2 chainz recently.
    Then apply some logic. What doesn't get nerf will eventually get buffed. When U add moar powercreeping 2 an already OP skillset w/o balancing...it becomes broken.
    Why make investments into everything else pointless if we can't QQ 4 balance/nerfz or get refunds?
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    because powercreeping is a cheap way to keep a poorly designed game engaging and get you to spend again

now invest another 30m+ on chainz until the next shiny OP thing rolls along
    RheyShadoeRadiant DawnSherri
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited February 11, 2018
    1. KR already did some balance stuffs for chain during test server to main server update.
    2. If you want to see more "Elf needs buff" thread, then let the chain nerf happen.
    3. I haven't seen a single thread about "Nerf chain" on other servers (other region)
    4. Chain isn't really broken. It's just other skill sets that needs buff, rather than nerfing chain.
    5. Enough of these thread, if you really want developers do something about it, then post it on Feedback section with reasonable/logical explaination.

:3c
    GretaVeylaineTheOthicShadoeRadiant DawnHazurahSherriCoolAid
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 11, 2018

Then apply some logic. What doesn't get nerf will eventually get buffed. When U add moar powercreeping 2 an already OP skillset w/o balancing...it becomes broken.
    Why make investments into everything else pointless if we can't QQ 4 balance/nerfz or get refunds?

I don't understand why it's a bad thing. It meanz you don't need to invest ridiculouz amountz of gold to be OP chain slasher. Your fault for not realizing it earlier.
    CoolAid
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited February 11, 2018

Why make prev's investment into everything else pointless if we can't get refunds?

might wanna scale down the hyperbole quite a bit.

second the example you gave was terrible. Act 7 is an AoE attack while impale is a single target attack, also you weren't showing Act 7s full potential as it can hit twice. Yes I agree that chains are OP and they don't have cooldowns but that isn't everything, they are slow and I mean slow, when I do sw runs or bft2 for money I dont just use chains I use chains and puppets, because chains by themselves are slow at fast paced wave clear. If I just used chains by themselves ill have constantly to try and get dorcha back, even after I used conversation, or got a brach boost still will be slower than everyone who is FHing, FGS spam or using the gunner/ninja combination, Act 7 and Act 4 are great for supplementing time I would of spent getting dorcha and of course the usefulness of Crisis is always great. Even in harder things like sidhe or alban I prefer cc firebolt or magnum spam, in sidhe I switch to chains for the boss but thats it, and I can't speak for everyone.

You should really read this post I know its long but in my opinion its more sound then what you are suggesting.
    Lutetium wrote: »
    ShouK wrote: »
    Might be because when I was training chains my dex is low and I didn’t use any related chain gears but... chain feels incredibly slow. Id much rather use kunai storm that can deal damage through waves than chain sweep. Kunai storm range 20 makes the AoE range similar to chain sweep. It’s also a pain to get dorcha each time before you’re about to do something. And having to normal hit high hp monster to gain dorcha, and risk getting hit back.

This remains true with higher dex as well, having to farm dorcha and the very long drawn out animations for chain make it significantly slower than other options in many situations, especially when spamming missions such as battle for tail 2 or conflict where you don't have much of a chance to harvest dorcha, because even wearing special Eiren outfit with dorcha snatch master and level 20 dorcha leeched chain blade reforge is still only .95 dorcha per normal attack up from the basic .75 of having only rank 1 and no other boosts, which may seem like a fair bit but still gets burned through very quickly when you're using chain burst to maximize your damage output or anchor rush to get out of mob normal combos or close distance for impales.

Personally I feel like chain is balanced very well, despite it seeming as if the damage multipliers are very high compared to other skills, the restrictions on using those skills from dorcha being a limited resource mid combat and the slow execution balance them out quite well, it's sort of like magic if magic were done correctly and had damage proportional to it's loading and execution time, big burst damage but a little bit on the slow side.

While I don't agree chain needs nerfed, I do believe many other skillsets could use touchups. Fighter and Alchemy being two of mabinogi's darkest black sheep of skillsets are going to need a lot of work especially as both are borderline unusable in all but early game generation quests due to content rebalances that have happened over the years as they've gone neglected. Along with many bug fixes such as not being able to use a loaded and ready water cannon until the splash animation on the previous monster hit has finished (this happens even without vivace to speed up loading) and fighter's various position glitching issues.

I feel like a more productive use of the bit of official nexon attention we can muster by posting on the forums would be better spent asking for bug fixes and rebalancing the weaker skillsets that don't hold up anymore rather than complaining to nerf the functional things into the ground as someone of the opinion all skillsets should be viable to use at all game points to at least a moderate efficiency even if certain skillsets are more effective than others in specific situations so no player has to feel like his or her favorite skillset is "useless late game" or otherwise :)
    TheOthicCoolAid
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 11, 2018
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    because powercreeping is a cheap way to keep a poorly designed game engaging and get you to spend again

now invest another 30m+ on chainz until the next shiny OP thing rolls along

62760418.jpg
    I don't understand why it's a bad thing. It meanz you don't need to invest ridiculouz amountz of gold to be OP chain slasher. Your fault for not realizing it earlier.

I just don't want other talents effort/req investments 2 be shat on without saying anything. :o
    Chainz wasn't a thing when devkitty was selling powercreep 2 other talents back then to make em gud just 2 disrespect all those investments made b4 now. :'(
  • AlignmentAlignment
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    After seeing the dan+combo card buffz 2 chainz I feelz it's time 2 do a reality checkz 2 this powercreeping...

- Melee+Rng
    - Multipliers are 2 OP
    - All Single+Aoe skills are 2 OP 4 one talent
    - Skillz grants ADV(same as berserk's) heavy standerz
    - Spammable(Dorcha is 2 easy 2 generate)
    - Anything weaker than Rabbie phantasm or is not immune/HVSTANDERz 2 melee gets solo'd rekt easily.
    - Magic was nerfed cuz of similiar reasons once it got the revamp.

It was fun while it lasted. Now it's time 2 balance it plox.
    Plz nerf. Not buff it even further w/Dan ranks.
    d2snfk0xeobji8gm2zz2.gif

Feel free 2 discuss. :o

Do you talk like this irl?
    GretaZeoSherriCoolAid
  • RheyRhey
    edited February 11, 2018
    Alignment wrote: »
    After seeing the dan+combo card buffz 2 chainz I feelz it's time 2 do a reality checkz 2 this powercreeping...

- Melee+Rng
    - Multipliers are 2 OP
    - All Single+Aoe skills are 2 OP 4 one talent
    - Skillz grants ADV(same as berserk's) heavy standerz
    - Spammable(Dorcha is 2 easy 2 generate)
    - Anything weaker than Rabbie phantasm or is not immune/HVSTANDERz 2 melee gets solo'd rekt easily.
    - Magic was nerfed cuz of similiar reasons once it got the revamp.

It was fun while it lasted. Now it's time 2 balance it plox.
    Plz nerf. Not buff it even further w/Dan ranks.
    d2snfk0xeobji8gm2zz2.gif

Feel free 2 discuss. :o

Do you talk like this irl?

Off topic. But I'll answer.
    Fo sure...If we're in an informal setting & post thingz rather than saying it out loud.
    :trollface:
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 11, 2018
    Nerf Dan...

Nerf Chains...

Players these days lol.
    ZeoSherriCoolAid