Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forums 1.0

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in Town Square
Was reminiscing about the ancient days on here on the wayback machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20110721024249/http://forum.nexon.net/Mabinogi/forums/default.aspx?GroupID=19

I've been scouring, some pages are missing. But it's still interesting to even see anything from all the way back then. What can you find?
[Deleted User]JazmynZarozian

Comments

• ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Nothing seems to be archived, but I did see my name as last poster on a few things.
    [Deleted User]
  • TeriustheGreatTeriustheGreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Is forum 2.0 archived
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Sigh. I scanned so many of those pages it knocked me out (this was awhile back), ....
    ...in search of a post by me (I didn't go by the name Hardmuscle back then lmao).....

I didn't switch over to Hardmuscle until Forum 2.

(reads your mind) ~ I plead the fifth amendment .. :trollface:
    I can't remember their name, but .. way back then.. there was a user who had a website of their own (yeah I know, millions of us have such a thing, including myself) and they used it as an aid when providing Tech Support to the Mabinogi Community (Senile Dinosaur can't remember much more than this user preferred Combat Arms over Mabinogi). Anyways. ~ The reason I brought them up is if you can remember what I cannot, there may be a more complete archive of forum 1.0 (in the way back machine) from when that person fully archived it themselves...

an archive of their archive

Klypto?.. or .. something like that... (remember when Nexon didn't have forums?)..

Yeah I was trying to see if I could find your old avatar. lol. But I don't think we became acquainted until forums 2.0 in the Vindictus forums.

I used to go by Diablerie in 2.0, and before than I was known as Ebonrouge in forums 1.0 >_>;;;
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited February 11, 2018
    ah, yes the old 1.0 forums, how could i forget about the time when nexon didnt even allow my country to play mabinogi for no reason, why even bother posting

then in 2.0 forums getting rekt by dragon nest and vindictus, yes, good times, good times indeed, did post and was quite salty about this but alas
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    honestly, that block did stop me from playing because i am spiteful and don't like it when companies do that sort of stuff, it wasn't done due to licensing as the obvious place for my country to play is in NA servers in basically any game
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @KelpSoda
    KelpSoda wrote: »
    ah, yes the old 1.0 forums, how could i forget about the time when nexon didnt even allow my country to play mabinogi for no reason, why even bother posting, then in 2.0 forums getting rekt by dragon nest and vindictus, yes, good times, good times indeed, did post and was quite salty about this but alas
    But there was a good reason. ~ Let's not pretend we don't know how licensing works on games like this.., and besides... , .. If EU hadn't dumped it all at once and had stuck to their contract, their Mabinogi would (most likely) still be open today, and despite my saying any of that (regardless of feelings either way); I'm sure that block didn't stop you from playing. I think we had more EU players before the merge than we did after. :smirk:

Well EU basically proved what you should not do with a game. I think a lot of people learned from what they did.
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    edited February 11, 2018
    -snip-

they're free to do whatever they want with their game, but i will not support such politics and complain about it because i fail to see any rationale on what they're doing, anyway said games aren't even relevant anymore so i stopped caring basically

forum PR at the time were giving the most ridiculous excuses to this, i'm glad none of them are still around :D
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    edited February 11, 2018
    i can see i'm not the only one being spiteful around, nice
    starts-with-no-offense-but-says-something-offensive-anyway-ba3022.jpg

i would like to go more indepth about this issue with an "expert" so long as said expert's argument doesnt amount to "hurr durr you're not an expert", so what am i supposed to say in this instance?

the above statement was clearly sarcasm, i do not want to discuss this with you lul. peace
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh knock it off. Going to get this thread deleted too? :(
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited February 11, 2018
    I ended up looking back at archives from the old fgames Mabinogi forums.

Now I'm sad. Very sad. 36zybLm.png
    36zybLm.png
    kSqtI1i.png
    [Deleted User]
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 11, 2018
    Sai wrote: »

36zybLm.png
    kSqtI1i.png

Holy crap. 2006??? Sai you are ancient!

Btw I remember the Suigintou avatar you would use. ^_^
    [Deleted User]
    Forum #2 was the best
    [Deleted User]
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Sai wrote: »

36zybLm.png
    kSqtI1i.png

here hope this cheers you up

[Deleted User]ShadoeAnimika
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 11, 2018
    EVIL...that made me feel sooooooooooooo old. Shadoe must feel like a Methuselah after watching that.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadoeShadoe
    You must suffer for that.

[Deleted User]CrimsọnAnimika
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited February 12, 2018
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! Jesus christ Shadoe. Smh.

Fine!

FINE.

THAT'S for singing narwhals at work!
    [Deleted User]ShadoeAnimika
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Jazmyn[Deleted User]Animika
    Forum 1 didn't even have the Golden Lulz
    [Deleted User]
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    "496,830 member(s)"
    waoh
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Opalthira wrote: »
    "496,830 member(s)"
    waoh

Those numbers might be inaccurate because of the bot problem we had last year here in the forums.