Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

new weapon system?

Comments

• NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited February 11, 2018
    Maia wrote: »

100% is a 2x multiplier usually so yeah 1600% drop kick is probably a safe assumption. Add in other multipliers of course like BFO, bone chip, crit, etc.

BFO and Bone chip are multiplied with your max damage, not Fighter’s combo.

Crit dmg on the other hand does multiply (but that’s calculated at the end). But Drop kick damage REFORGES on boots doesn’t multiply.
    1600% is really OP and unrealistic.

If they made this “erg system” really good//for end game because you’re going to get 1600% ( just from rank 1 excluding combo mastery r1, drop kick master title, dan title and reforges), wouldn’t they at least give you more max dmg or magic attack on other weapons too?
    I think 1600% came from ONLY drop kick r1 (800% x 2 ) so.. throwing in other drop kick multipliers would mean you’ll have over 2000% if we calculate it that way

Kaga
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited February 11, 2018
    @Neyna I wouldnt call it OP theres too much untested to see if out dpses bash in 1v1 because fighter animations are pretty long winded and take a lot longer to execute than bash, too early to call it OP imo. Yes 1600% is reasonable because if you read the chart it says 100% increase for fighter SKILL damage and that is a 2x multiplier

Also if it does turn out that it out dpses bash by a significant margin, its still a non issue because getting to lvl 50 would be nearly impossible, idk if you bothered to read rydians notes through and through but you have sacrifice some extremely rare stuff sig dragon armor or step 6 phant cletics etc.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited February 11, 2018
    It seems like such a wonky and unrefined feature IMO. Not a fan. Especially considering you know gacha and such will probably come into play sooner or later. I don't mind some new upgrade system for weapons, but it should be simplier. Simple associated talent buffs or straight up damage multipliers. Perhaps not 50 levels right off the bat either. Again though, I'd much much rather see spirit weapons revitalized and expanded to include the new weapon types.

This has the potential to be as game changing as reforges (granted I could be wrong) and I was adamantly against those. On one hand, at least these aren't immediately pay to win, but I'm sure they will be.
  • NeynaNeyna
    edited February 11, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Neyna I wouldnt call it OP theres too much untested to see if out dpses bash in 1v1 because fighter animations are pretty long winded and take a lot longer to execute than bash, too early to call it OP imo. Yes 1600% is reasonable because if you read the chart it says 100% increase for fighter SKILL damage and that is a 2x multiplier

Also if it does turn out that out dpses bash by a significant margin, its still a non issue because getting to lvl 50 would be nearly impossible, idk if you bothered to read rydians notes through and through but you have sacrifice some extremely rare stuff sig dragon armor or step 6 phant cletics etc.

I did read it, before this thread was made. And I know it’s unrealistic to get to 50 unless you’re willing to invest.

What I’m trying to say is all fighter “damage reforges” including “combo mastery reforges (which adds to combo mastery then multiplies to the fighter’s combo)” doesn’t multiply with fighter’s skill.

If it’s really that good, why do you get such less max damage? (50 at lvl 50)

Is it tested and confirmed with the 3% that it multiplies with fighter? Because if it does, I wouldn’t even go for lvl 50 or at least 40 on my dual ele knuckles.
    Knowing I would do over 5mil Drop Kick if I do..

BUT.. it would be possible if it’s 100% ON combo mastery. Else everything would be added instead of multiplying. So I could be wrong if it’s a mistranslation or some sort.

Edit: if it’s because of animation, wouldn’t it be best to give fighter a revamp instead of throwing it in this system where it’s impossible for 99% of the players to achieve lvl 50?
    Kaga
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    @Neyna idk if you dont know how math works or you're just mentioning reforges and this other stuff to derail everything. Im just Talking the erg boost and r1 drop kick.

Can you read?? It says SKILL DAMAGE INCREASE, you see that word INCREASE, skill damage. say it does 10k, what 100% of 10k , so if its increased by 10k making it 20k its obvious a 2x multiplier since its doubled. Im not talking about any other boosts just erg 50 and r1 drop kick.

And as Id like to say it may not be OP because bash animations are way faster than fighter chains and has no CD, thats why Im saying its too early to call 1600% OP
  • NeynaNeyna
    edited February 11, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Neyna idk if you dont know how math works or you're just mentioning reforges and this other stuff to derail everything. Im just Talking the erg boost and r1 drop kick.

Can you read?? It says SKILL DAMAGE INCREASE, you see that word INCREASE, skill damage. say it does 10k, what 100% of 10k , so if its increased by 10k making it 20k its obvious a 2x multiplier since its doubled. Im not talking about any other boosts just erg 50 and r1 drop kick.

And as Id like to say it may not be OP because bash animations are way faster than fighter chains and has no CD, thats why Im saying its too early to call 1600% OP

@Kaga
    You’re right, I don’t know my maths or how maths works for fighter. Time to throw in my hopes and dreams and achieve 6-8mil drop kick and 500k+ on mobs.

Not gonna derail anymore.
    KagaTunfisk
  • bunny11bunny11
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,040
    edited February 12, 2018
    @Kaga, this is exactly what I was trying to say when I said that Nexon has been incrementally buffing elves.

Although it is not outlined as an elf buff whatsoever, that 200% aiming speed potential upgrade on weapons in this new system is indisputably most useful for elves in the current environment.

I apologize for bringing up the elf skin tones into our last thread because I think we could have had a good discussion. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or get a thread locked. I'm not that interested in the subject and I'm much more interested in stuff like this. I started this game as a little kid on the day elves came out, as an elf archer. And I've just been really happy with the amalgamation of changes to the game that have made my character much more viable than it was back then. When I made those comments about incremental elf buffs, I even count additions like Urgent Shot which I think benefit Elf the most.

Extremely hyped for the TC system now, even though it sounds like it will be extremely challenging & expensive. Time to start preparing for it.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 12, 2018
    bunny11 wrote: »
    @Kaga, this is exactly what I was trying to say when I said that Nexon has been incrementally buffing elves.

Although it is not outlined as an elf buff whatsoever, that 200% aiming speed potential upgrade on weapons in this new system is indisputably most useful for elves in the current environment.

I apologize for bringing up the elf skin tones into our last thread because I think we could have had a good discussion. I wasn't trying to offend anyone or get a thread locked. I'm not that interested in the subject and I'm much more interested in stuff like this. I started this game as a little kid on the day elves came out, as an elf archer. And I've just been really happy with the amalgamation of changes to the game that have made my character much more viable than it was back then. When I made those comments about incremental elf buffs, I even count additions like Urgent Shot which I think benefit Elf the most.

Extremely hyped for the TC system now, even though it sounds like it will be extremely challenging & expensive. Time to start preparing for it.

When you mentioned "full potential = archery" thats when I was tripped off.
    Because elves that actually do speedruns don't even spam magnum, in fact they barely use magnum. They use CS/Shooting rush/Kunaistorm/pet spam and more. Meaning you don't need to main archery to use your elf at it's full potential. And you don't need to "main" archery to use CS.
    The only time you would really need magnum spam is if you are fighting bosses like succubus.
    Sidhe and other bosses that have no knock back can be easily killed with SS+impale.

Honestly I think you just kept mentioning elf archery = max potential because you are so into the "elf+ archery" lore (same goes for dark skin tone), but that's just me.

Now let's not derail this thread because I have a feeling it will happen.
    ZeoVeylaineNeyna
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    @bunny11 let it go already before you get this thread locked lol
    RQXQ_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
    ZeoNeyna
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    edited February 12, 2018
    The requests can be pretty scary and specific, at the highest levels it will require you to sacrifice things like...
    • A sigged Langhu (F) armor.
    • A step 6 red upgraded Celtic Control Bar.
    • Your hopes and dreams.

pretty sure they will put protection potion in cash shop

it is kind of obvious
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Hazurah wrote: »
    The requests can be pretty scary and specific, at the highest levels it will require you to sacrifice things like...
    • A sigged Langhu (F) armor.
    • A step 6 red upgraded Celtic Control Bar.
    • Your hopes and dreams.

pretty sure they will put protection potion in cash shop

it is kind of obvious

It's just a convoluted attempt at grabbing peoples money. It's not directly pay to win, but you pay for it in other ways lol