Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

nerf the advancement tests!

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 12, 2018
    Alignment wrote: »
    so for the last year (almost) i been pretending the advancement tests do not exist.... for the simple reason that they are not friendly to those of us with high ping..... i just spent 5 minutes in chain slasher advancement test pinned against the wall by 30 bats.... i tried to kill them one at a time but NOOOO... they all agro at the same time and take turns hitting u so no skills for u! u cant even normal attack or even counterwm... this is ridiculous. as of now i only have dan1 skills only cause at higher ranks the lag is so much that skills don't load in time... anyways... I'm done with Dan tests until they decide to nerf them for our sake... i mean the advancements test should be about us being able to complete a task using the skills provided... not to pray to rngesus and pinGOD for the lucky break to do it when the stars align!

please nexon nerf these tests! if not... then -removed- (Please do not dodge the language filter.)Dan tests.

Who said Dan tests were supposed to be easy to complete? You think Phantasm doesn't have multi-aggro? If it means so much to you, go to your school or library just to do the Dan test (most schools and libraries have wicked fast internet).

Bruh.. the main problem isn't that the Dan itself is really hard.. I mean of course you have to depend on RNG but beside of that.. our connection lags is what makes it really bad.
    Im using fiber connection with 100mbps+ and it's still hard because I have 220+ ping (EU).
    Obviously there are times where I (luckily) pass these tests but most of the time its 10x harder than people who have less than 50 ping.
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    So the problem is the lag and no the test? ~
    [Deleted User]
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    MikuV3 wrote: »
    So the problem is the lag and no the test? ~

The tests were made and tested with nearly no lag in mind because Kr is much smaller than the Us, thus the test is a bit more difficult for us since we basically copy/paste content from Kr.

The tests aren't impossible, unless you hover above 100 ms all the time. Seriously if it's not lag then you are probably missing something or just have a bit of bad luck, these tests are for proving your mastery with the skill. Not everything in this game should be cleared on the first try with mistakes made at every turn.
    [Deleted User]
  • AlignmentAlignment
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Some suggestions seem possible, this is not one of them.
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    GMNkeona ~ Look at these people being mad at me for offering them a solution to combat lag. Do you see denial of lag here, or simple replies offering information to enable these people to play the game in their painful situation?
    Report Post. It's a button. Use it instead of calling out GM staff to do what the VFMs do.
    On another note, you came into this thread in pretty much the exact same mindset as the last one where you brought this up. Learn from past mistakes from all parties there and maybe you wouldn't be needing to call for help like that.
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    The tests were made and tested with nearly no lag in mind because Kr is much smaller than the Us, thus the test is a bit more difficult for us since we basically copy/paste content from Kr.
    This is the reality of the situation. This is a South Korean made game built around South Korean grade internet, and this one in particular is heavily delay-dependent when it comes to the 'challenging' stuff. You'll just need to learn how to work around it, or opt out of content entirely until someone over there decides to listen to their international audience.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Buffalos - I already spoke with Katherz about this and was told it would be looked on Monday (I also already reported it to the so-called VFM we apparently don't have or is off for the weekend too. You are not one so why are you addressing me?). If you'd like to go down with it, be my guest. Otherwise, it would be best for you to buy a new calendar and to mind your own business. The reply being argued about in this thread is the farthest thing from a denial of lag anyone can possibly get, and if Liyeta's problem had already been solved they would not have come here to moan about it again. Trolling me doesn't change what happened in this thread nor the clarity of it.

The reality of the situation is those people who live in other counties need to stop complaining about it. This is NA not EU - lag is imminent.

That's not considerate.

If the tests were made more lenient, then higher ping due to the increased distance would be less of an issue.

You probably couldn't make everyone happy, but it would at least be better for more.
    And better than nothing changing.
    Buffalos
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    edited February 12, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    @Buffalos - I already spoke with Katherz about this and was told it would be looked on Monday (I also already reported it to the so-called VFM we apparently don't have or is off for the weekend too. You are not one so why are you addressing me?). If you'd like to go down with it, be my guest. Otherwise, it would be best for you to buy a new calendar and to mind your own business. The reply being argued about in this thread is the farthest thing from a denial of lag anyone can possibly get, and if Liyeta's problem had already been solved they would not have come here to moan about it again. Trolling me doesn't change what happened in this thread nor the clarity of it.

The reality of the situation is those people who live in other counties need to stop complaining about it. This is NA not EU - lag is imminent.

That's not considerate.

If the tests were made more lenient, then higher ping due to the increased distance would be less of an issue.

You probably couldn't make everyone happy, but it would at least be better for more.
    And better than nothing changing.

inconsiderate or not, it doesn't matter, now I think @Buffalos was mentioning NA but I think same logic can be applied to anyone getting lag because of their location.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    This is the reality of the situation. This is a South Korean made game built around South Korean grade internet, and this one in particular is heavily delay-dependent when it comes to the 'challenging' stuff. You'll just need to learn how to work around it, or opt out of content entirely until someone over there decides to listen to their international audience.
    now if you've still taken every step possible to reduce lag and still no dice and you live in a bad location, well you are just SOL. Yeah it sucks and its an all around terrible situation but theres not much you can do except voice your frustration but im sure people have already been doing that since dan revamp update, so it may or not may not happen, but I would guess NA nexon would put its NA customers first and well thats another can of worms entirely.

Point is theres probably not much you can do it except try to somehow overcome the lag or just deal with it until change comes, if it happens.

[Deleted User]Buffalos
  • KagaKaga

Obviously we know that. We didn't ask for lagless connection like NA players. All we want is some nerf (maybe a minute extra, or more points achievable)

Also saying that we need to stop complaining is complete bs. Nexon welcomed EU/AU players. It's not like we are region locked and we are forcing ourself thru that to play this game.
    Neyna
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    Kaga wrote: »

Obviously we know that. We didn't ask for lagless connection like NA players. All we want is some nerf (maybe a minute extra, or more points achievable)

Also saying that we need to stop complaining is complete bs. Nexon welcomed EU/AU players. It's not like we are region locked and we are forcing ourself thru that to play this game.

I'm not saying you should stop complaining but what I am saying its the only thing you can do, hell I think you guys are pretty dedicated playing through the lag, I would of quit a long time ago. But the only thing you can do is try to overcome the lag ( and yes complaining would probably count as doing something I suppose) or sit tight until something is done. But still In My Opinion ( im not saying this is fact ) mostly likely this situation is out of our control
    [Deleted User]
  • KagaKaga
    edited February 12, 2018
    @Kaga

Where did I say I was totally against a Dan nerf? Where did I say lag doesn't exist? Can you find those for me? Complaining sensibly is one thing. Complaining nonsensically is another thing. It's no one's fault you're in EU (not even your own) and no matter how you word it ... it never will be their fault (or yours). The solution post I made in this thread is the best you're going to find short of a server upgrade. I didn't make that post because I deny the existence of lag, don't know what lag is, or was born yesterday morning in a pile of hay. Lag is imminent. (even for me in Wisconsin [USA]; My connection is slower than 82% of the US population).

Where did I say you were totally against a Dan nerf? or that you said lag doesn't exist? can you find those for me?
    Obviously I'm not blaming nexon for this, since it was bound to happen anyways (not every content will run smooth for everyone)
    All I said was that it would be nice if nexon would consider some type of nerf, like giving us other ways to achieve more points or give us more time in those tests.

@TheOthic
    I luckily overcame a bit of the issue since I am almost done with most dans even though I have 220+ ping. But the ones that I have left are nearly impossible because of the lag. And this isn't just about me but every other EU/AU player who still has a long way to go with dans, which is why it would be great if nexon would consider to do something about this for their welcomed overseas players.
    NeynaTheOthic[Deleted User]
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited February 12, 2018
    All we want is some nerf (maybe a minute extra, or more points achievable.

^^^
    That would help a lot for people struggling with RNG and/or lag (like Healing )
    Kaga
  • KagaKaga
    edited February 12, 2018
    I understand what you said and the impression you're under; regarding my presence in this thread. I have two working eyes and I can read. How do you know a nerf will solve the problem? What if the problem persists? Then what? Ignoring solutions up until a better solution comes along doesn't make the person offering them an idiot, or stupid, and it doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about (such as when someone in EU doesn't understand why Prime Time over there is the opposite over here in the states -- no names mentioned).

You could say that for every "solution" people have ever mentioned about everything if you're thinking that way.
    It would most likely solve the problem because as far as I know (from my own EU-lag experience) a minute/more points would definitely make it possible to pass these dans.
    Neyna
  • KagaKaga
    I could say that... that's very True... and it still wouldn't make the person offering them an idiot. As people have tried for the last three pages to do. I have as much trouble with the Dan tests at 60 ping as you folks have at 600 to 2100 ping... ~ Figure that one out ..~

...Obviously you don't, even if you think you do.
    But If you really are having issues at 60 ping then I think you need to revisit your skills with these dan tests.
    The more ping the worse it is, and most EU players have over 200. As for AU, don't let me even start.
    Neyna
  • KagaKaga
    edited February 12, 2018
    ...Obviously you don't, even if you think you do.
    But If you really are having issues at 60 ping then I think you need to revisit your skills with these dan tests.
    The more ping the worse it is, and most EU players have over 200. As for AU, don't let me even start.
    There you are passing the same judgement you claim I pass of you. ~ I hope your lag doubles now. :unamused:

It is the truth though, whether you like it or not..
    >The more ping you have, the worse these tests can get.
    >You have less ping than EU players
    >It should be easier for you than for us.

If I had that 60 ping, you wouldn't even see me on this thread complaining.
    As for you hoping that my lag doubles, it wouldn't even matter if it did. I already lag so bad that I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference anymore.
    Neyna
  • KagaKaga

I'm sure you (or someone) would be here to complain at 60 ping as well. ....

We don't have lagless connections in the USA.

Some do, some don't.
    But most important, ya'll lag less than us either way.

Me complaining at 60 ping? I doubt it. I had 40 ping in EU and I felt lagless af.
    As for someone else; I already said what you had to re-visit.
    Neyna
  • TotokeTotoke
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Seeing plenty of arguing on this post. While I can't say that lag is the problem for me, I can understand why others would be frustrated. Perhaps instead of nerfing the test, maybe implement a 2nd method that's a bit more grinding but doable for people who can't complete the test due to lag. Just my thoughts in trying to find a solution....
    [Deleted User]KagaNeynaRadiant DawnKokoro
  • KagaKaga

I'm sure you (or someone) would be here to complain at 60 ping as well. ....

We don't have lagless connections in the USA.

Some do, some don't.
    But most important, ya'll lag less than us either way.

Me complaining at 60 ping? I doubt it. I had 40 ping in EU and I felt lagless af.
    As for someone else; I already said what you had to re-visit.
    I don't have to re-visit anything. I made adjustments on my own (instead of rage on the forum about it) and passed those tests long ago. That's what I meant about passing judgement (aka assuming). Like I said in my last post. High Ping is not the only cause of lag. ~ I will say this though. ... You won't ever eliminate that ping in the current situation, so you may well do what you can to continue living with it. ~ This debate is basically saying (implying,) this topic will arise in every piece of content relative to timing the player. ← Is that an incorrect assumption?

Or maybe.. you know...offer solutions that nexon could look into and do something about these dan tests?
    Obviously I won't ever get rid of this ping, I already learnt that when I started playing NA when Mabinogi EU died.

Don't know about others but I sure as hell didn't "rage on the forums" about this. I simply offered a solution.

[Deleted User]Neyna
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Honestly, if we're talking about a general sense of lag/ping, I feel it's somewhat (not on dan tests from my experience) on the server/the mechanics/bugs.

For example on rubberbanding, I will have it happen at least once a day when I play (especially Dunby/Quilla but if this happens to everyone maybe I'm wrong). I have 20-25 ping and 600mpbs speed usually.

Noted this maybe it's based on other factors but definitely having large ping (with unreliable connections) could have a cause. I can't really judge since there probably isn't enough people from both sides in a controlled area where we know for a fact that things like personal issues with your computer aren't the cause.

On terms of dan tests, I wouldn't mind having a nerf on some skills because I can completely understand if you're having lag issues on a very strict dan tests (not like smash or windmill in my opinion).
    [Deleted User]
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited February 12, 2018
    Pie5434 wrote: »
    having large ping (with unreliable connections) could have a cause.
    It does have a cause. The server is located in Los Angeles, California and the majority of people asking for this nerf are on the other side of the planet. Nothing aside from upgrading their ISP or moving closer (or Nexon building a closer server) will eliminate the High Ping these folks have. In your case, 20 to 25 ping with latency is probably something more along the lines of router location or unnecessary processes on your system. If you're using wireless; consider connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet cable. (The same applies if you're using a wireless mouse and keyboard when considering any delays you may have; switching to wired+denagle will remove the ACK delay & improve response).

Haha honestly I use ethernet and I'm at school so I really have no choice to the router stuff but it's just something interesting to note. Possibly process stuff; I'd need to check more indepth to make sure that there's nothing running in my background that may cause issues. (I've had rubberbanding since I started 9-10 years ago but for important stuff it's not a problem when I need it to matter like SMs or dan tests) Thanks for the tips tho :>
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I feel ya. I live in LA and I still run into lag issue frequently
    [Deleted User]