Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best way to do Chain Slasher Dan Test?

PetrolsPetrols
Mabinogi Rep: 310
edited February 9, 2018 in Help
I've been using death mark then Chain Slasher, but idk if i'm doing it wrong, i always get to 5800-5900 points, getting the hp pots is a nightmare because the aggro so i die once per run, and if i don't, i just don't do enough points to even get close to rank A.
Using Def/Counter doesn't really help, but i have to say i'm not using anything but deathmark + chain slasher, the biggest problem comes when i get cornered by normal hits + lightning bolts, it won't let me load a skill to counter or anything.
Any recommendations? how did you do it?

Please share your experience with me, i'm sure it will help, not just me but others as well!.

EDIT: this wasn't an "help me" post but more an analysis about this dan test, i know there's not a real "right way" to do this dan test due to bad game design, it was to gather player experiences and how they went around the test problems to be able to finish it successfully, which contemplate the possibility to have no solutions but then discuss about the dan test flags and issues. If anyone can move this post to General, i would be really happy, if not, oh well :c .

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    We need a dumbed down revamp.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    the mob is kinda annoying and too aggressive

especially if you have ping problem, no time to load the skill, let alone complete the whole test
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited February 9, 2018
    Ping is always a problem. Hrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm...
  • PetrolsPetrols
    edited February 9, 2018
    Hazurah wrote: »
    the mob is kinda annoying and too aggressive

especially if you have ping problem, no time to load the skill, let alone complete the whole test

yea i find myself cornered sometimes for straight 40 seconds or even a whole minute, tho the most common duration of those synchronized cornerings (sometimes i think the AI even take turns to keep me cornered i swear) is around 20 seconds as average, that's a lot of time when you are against the clock, the worst thing is, they can aggro from long distances, and bats can attack from many feet away after they get knocked back (? do they chain blade too???), and they crit sometimes around 80 per hit, and you get hit 5 times until you get knocked down so you can lose around 300-400 hp per "cycle" if you have bad luck. The ghosts can hit up to 180 per crit, and sometimes they crit on all their hits, and will keep you stunt while you try to load a skill after being knocked down by bats.

Oh, and the monster you deathmark, for some reason they always run away!!! and also i hate how inconsistent the skill is when it comes to drag enemies into it, there can be 2 monsters in the same place, but the skill will drag one, and then drag another that was absolutely FAR AWAY from the skill range .....
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ping is always a problem. Hrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm...

yes it is ...
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited February 9, 2018
    It's ping/rng (crit) dependent.

I had issues with it too but there are some tips that might help you

1. Make sure to constant use spinning slasher
    2. Right after your spinning slasher , hit them once/twice and slash again (if you don't have enough dorcha)

You have to hope that you crit to kill 'em.

And yes, I know they constantly hit which sucks, but if you crit enough (aka killing em) new ones will spawn and they won't insta aggro you, meaning you will have time to do another spinning slash.

Fyi I am playing at 220 ping with VPN

TPChuGwtRtSWEHz_0i-C2w.png

I am really curious how it's gonna be with dan 2/3.. boy
    Veylaine
  • PetrolsPetrols
    edited February 12, 2018
    i finally did it, after several times trying

It was a combination of luck + Kaga's advice

Used anchor rush to position in the middle when knocked back, ignored deathmark totally due to it eating dorcha, anchor was more efficient on getting more points for me.

Also ignored pots since getting them would lead to me being stunt-locked by bats, letting them kill me once was way more efficient.

Oh and getting 15 dorcha then spam the skill did great for me, used the extra dorcha for anchor to position myself in the middle.

Sadly Kaga's advice about hitting twice then using the skill again isn't working well for me, since the bat will always hit me and lock me after the second hit.

I have all my local lag issues solved, and my ISP is good, the problem here is only distance since i live far away from the US.

Still, for some moments i got stunt locked for several seconds and even anchor wont load, you can spam the skill button and it wont even show up over your char's head as it usually does when it waits for the player to be unlocked to load.
    I barely made it, and i'm worried about getting to dan 2 or even 3 ... i don't think i can do it without moving to the US.
  • KagaKaga
    edited February 14, 2018
    Petrols wrote: »
    i finally did it, after several times trying

It was a combination of luck + Kaga's advice

Used anchor rush to position in the middle when knocked back, ignored deathmark totally due to it eating dorcha, anchor was more efficient on getting more points for me.

Also ignored pots since getting them would lead to me being stunt-locked by bats, letting them kill me once was way more efficient.

Oh and getting 15 dorcha then spam the skill did great for me, used the extra dorcha for anchor to position myself in the middle.

Sadly Kaga's advice about hitting twice then using the skill again isn't working well for me, since the bat will always hit me and lock me after the second hit.

I have all my local lag issues solved, and my ISP is good, the problem here is only distance since i live far away from the US.

Still, for some moments i got stunt locked for several seconds and even anchor wont load, you can spam the skill button and it wont even show up over your char's head as it usually does when it waits for the player to be unlocked to load.
    I barely made it, and i'm worried about getting to dan 2 or even 3 ... i don't think i can do it without moving to the US.

Congratz on passing it.
    I also realized another thing; using death mark + regular hit (to get most mobs in 1 place) and then just spin slash spam till next mobs spawns works well too for dan 2+. Also don't worry if you die, just spin slash to death.
    Doing that I was able to pass 10k points.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

• KagaKaga
    Eralea wrote: »

mmmmmmmmmmm dat low ping.