Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dungeon Fighter Crossover

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited January 10, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Since Dungeon Fighter has been back for more than a year now, maybe we can finally get a crossover for it.

We could get class specific avatars as outfits through something similar to the scramble cash shop gachapon.

Also Dungeon fighter has antagonists that classify as "Apostles", so it'd be pretty neato to go run raids against bosses like Delezie in a dark rainy undead ridden Tara, or Anton in a colossal battle over Zardine, fight Lotus or Bakal in the Alban tower or Avalon Gate.

Since Nexon still pulls the strings behind Neople, there shouldn't be a problem for localization, heck they even use Karma Koin which is licensed to Nexon as currency.

Username: Skyshooter1
Server: Alexina

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    No. That game was just a 2d pixel art side scroller game.

You're probably going to make people salty by bringing this up. There was huge backlash back in the day when it shut down. That game is the reason why we have so many memes about Mabinogi or Vindictus shutting down - because the salty players would invade those forums and attempt to troll and grief. I mean it was to be expected when the few hundred that supported that game were invited to try out other games. They did, but they brought so much salt! The salt...omg the salt. So salty...

Just let that game stay dead to us. Please.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    The only people we can blame for the death of DFO is Nexon itself, and those memes for Mabinogi and Vindictus are more than correct to worry. The lack of communication with the players and lack of updating old features is more than enough to kill a game. Sadly, I don't think Nexon would feel very comfortable to make a tie up event with a game they shut down, and Nexon NA hasn't really put any effort into much of anything in Mabinogi for the past 6 years, so don't expect any major limited time dungeons to meet the heros of your DFO fanboy dreams. At the very least, expect to see something like more clothes for cash. DFO could just have easily been shut down then rebuilt like MapleStory2, but eh.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Nexon NA doesn't create anything for the game, that's done through Nexon KR and Devcat, they just implement the content sent to them. Otherwise, all Nexon NA can do is forward our concerns to the KR branch and it's up to them whether it may or may not become content.
    Darkpixie99
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    edited January 10, 2017
    Hmm.. If I remember correctly, I think Nexon JP had a crossover with DFO and Mabi a few years back.. But since our DFO is dead I can't really see that crossover releasing for NA. ; ;
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    It's pretty much like @Leinei says, both branches can't work together on updates for whatever reason, so we're stuck with infinite suggestions and no actual additions. Everyone wonders why 7 year old content never gets updated, and this is why. It takes communication that gets lost in the gutters where no players can hear, and it's entirely possible that Nexon KR is so stuck in the "We have such a large population that we don't need to do any updates" state of gambling while Nexon NA keeps poking them saying "Our servers are dying, can you add this and over 9000 suggestions? Oh, another Gachapon complaint forum. Hey marketing, should we update to a new Cash Shop model? And marketing is also in the KR state of mind...not really aware that the game is almost dead and actual updates and meaningful tie ups need to happen." Would be many players crying salty tears of joy and sadness to see an actual DFO event in NA. But, it should have happened months even years before the game actually shut down in order to revive it.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Please, no.
    Crimsọn
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    The content would be cool if it didn't bring such a bad userbase with it (and lets face it, crossovers attract people. Even the Utawarerumono one which is literally just a sale managed to attract friends of mine who swore they'd never touch nexon)... People are still salty over DFO and it's back, but I've seen people on other forums unwilling to drop the topic to this day.

So yeah, content I'm alright with, but the people? Leave them where they are, in their new DFO servers or playing League where they belong.