Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Husbando and Waifu Voting Contest

Comments

• Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Xiokun wrote: »
    I don't need a contest to tell me that Aodhan is clearly best husbando.

The only person for me is you <3

But also Aodhan was best husbando imo too :(
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Vaughan wrote: »
    Here's hoping waifu contest is less one-sided.
    What exactly do you mean by "one-sided"?
  • VaughanVaughan
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    @Jazmyn - It was obvious who was going to win from the first round.
    Jazmyn
  • OpalthiraOpalthira

100% this i guess the winner the moment i saw him in the list. Its basically the only male character that ever gets mentioned on the forums too lol
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited February 16, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »

100% this i guess the winner the moment i saw him in the list. Its basically the only male character that ever gets mentioned on the forums too lol

Interesting.

I voted Altam because people kept whining about him. Lol. But, I figured Caswyn was going to win because I see people obsessing over him all the time. And I voted Altam over Kaour because Rauiri was out of the running in that group and thats who I would have voted for.

To be honest, I think its funny how people are so sensitive over this. I thought it was supposed to be fun, and not taken seriously. Like, they're not real people and this has no effect on current gameplay....

Each of us have our own priorities though and we must respect that and the opinions of others. :)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Favoring one female over the other that many people would feel is unfair, I.E. Nao winning because she is the literal first pair of jugs we have seen.

Altam winning? Fine, he's a newer character, he has a mixture of good traits and dashing good looks, but...Nao, seriously? She won the waifu contest solely on familiarity, and I hate ever level 100 simply choosing her base on that one notion.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited February 16, 2018

Favoring one female over the other that many people would feel is unfair, I.E. Nao winning because she is the literal first pair of jugs we have seen.

Altam winning? Fine, he's a newer character, he has a mixture of good traits and dashing good looks, but...Nao, seriously? She won the waifu contest solely on familiarity, and I hate ever level 100 simply choosing her base on that one notion.

We dont start voting on Waifu until the 28th?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

he's from the future
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

My criticism hails from the past Mabiland Popularity contests, which were ingame, and where Nao won by a large margin. I question this, due to a few things.

Nao doesn't have that much of a presence in the main storyline, Generation 1 to 3 or otherwise. She is included and drawn upon, but she isn't an actor, she isn't dynamic, she is simply someone to be pitied. I don't find that attractive.

Her role in-universe essentially prevents her from acting in any meaningful way to the Generations, something we see in the end of Saga I, where she tells Tarlach some cryptic nonsense due to being unable to do anything.

You could say "She is written this way, and is meant to be", but that is exactly my criticism.

I...don't like Nao. I don't like how she won those contests. It isn't even story purposes, it is just familiarity. It is no different than simply voting for the mayoral candidate whose name sounds more familiar. :|
    VaughanPikangie
  • FabeFabe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,650
    Corvo is my favorite but he's not from Mabinogi. :'{

♥.♥Mm_MM.jpg
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I won't be surprised if Pihne, Avelin, Eirlys, Kanna and Elsie will be in waifu contest. Oh and don't forget Nao and new potential waifu Eiren. They will be all "randomly" picked.
    Zeo
  • PikangiePikangie
    Mabinogi Rep: 960

My criticism hails from the past Mabiland Popularity contests, which were ingame, and where Nao won by a large margin. I question this, due to a few things.

Nao doesn't have that much of a presence in the main storyline, Generation 1 to 3 or otherwise. She is included and drawn upon, but she isn't an actor, she isn't dynamic, she is simply someone to be pitied. I don't find that attractive.

Her role in-universe essentially prevents her from acting in any meaningful way to the Generations, something we see in the end of Saga I, where she tells Tarlach some cryptic nonsense due to being unable to do anything.

You could say "She is written this way, and is meant to be", but that is exactly my criticism.

I...don't like Nao. I don't like how she won those contests. It isn't even story purposes, it is just familiarity. It is no different than simply voting for the mayoral candidate whose name sounds more familiar. :|

This is why I am going to vote against Nao vs. pretty much anyone. Story-wise, she is one of the least involved. I think even the Squires have more depth or at least personality... and I really don't like any of the female squires. I really cannot think of a female character (who'd likely be on a voting contest) that Nao would beat character story or personality-wise.

I do hope that Eiren is on this, but I also hope they can involve her in future stories too, instead of limiting her to the Chain Slash quests. I don't know if I have a favorite female character, though. Maybe Dowra, she seems like someone I'd hangout with. Osla is cute/interesting even if she's not that known. Shamala is cool too. I'll also be confused if they left out Eirawen especially since her dialogue could get pretty intimate.

I still wonder though, is there anything that will come of these contests? I'd assume it wouldn't be anything big since they don't announce it in-game at all.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    Time for the Waifu voting contest! The link has been updated!
    Negumiko
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    inb4 nao wins :v

I would figure every one in the second match could win except Ailiona
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    no Dowra
    no Andras
    no Shamala
    no Meryl
    no Eiren

I mean I was going to vote Pihne anyway but it didn't have to be this easy
    NegumikoUnisex
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Eralea wrote: »
    no Dowra
    no Andras
    no Shamala
    no Meryl
    no Eiren

I mean I was going to vote Pihne anyway but it didn't have to be this easy

this waifu voting contest is missing a lot of cute female npc characters. what about Meles, Enn, Alissa, Nora, and some of the other old and new characters. Ethna is even on the waifu voting page image at the top but we can't vote for her? unless maybe she is somewhere in one of the future rounds later. I was kind of expecting more female characters and maybe put Tracy in a dress as a joke vote since he apparently liked dressing girly when he was younger.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    644e49107f.jpg
    Vote Mari

It's legal, I swear.
  • PankoodaPankooda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,060
    So what do we do if some how SOME WAY it Mari vs Nao either way she would win.
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited March 1, 2018
    Yay Olsa is in the running! :D So is Effie!

Wonder if Aer will get any love, or have rocks thrown at her.
    TNinja wrote: »
    644e49107f.jpg
    Vote Mari

It's legal, I swear.

I saw that and my mind went to "Oh right... ANIME."
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Whoever picked the NPCs for this one disappointed me. 36zybLm.png