Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I didnt knew that :(

foussiremixfoussiremix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
in General Chat
I didnt knew that you had to tag the moongates and mana tunnels for travels .
Great and now i am over 1k *facepalm*.

Guess i have to tag them by traveling with my milky scooter.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Did you skip the tutorials?
    You're told about tagging moon gates and mana tunnels when you get the Moonlight Traveler's Book.

Oh well, you have a fast pet, it'll be alright.
  • SeddieSeddie
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    If you're on Mari, I'll take you to all of them. Or most, I think I'm missing one or two of the newer ones. IGN: hitsuji
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Traveling around Erinn on pet is a good thing to do once in a while. You never know what you will uncover and also you might learn a thing or two. Maybe you will even find a favorite spot to hang out/afk. :)
    ShadoeRadiant DawnfoussiremixTheNyanCatRukiyaVaughanSylviaWolfepawcalypseSheena
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Seddie wrote: »
    If you're on Mari, I'll take you to all of them. Or most, I think I'm missing one or two of the newer ones. IGN: hitsuji

Its fine, i dont have tag too many of them also my pet is really fast.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Travelling manually allows you to get familiar with the game world anyway. Isn't it normal in RPGs to go explore the whole map right away? There might be hidden boxes.
    ShadoeXxBearslayerxX
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited February 18, 2018
    Eralea wrote: »
    Travelling manually allows you to get familiar with the game world anyway. Isn't it normal in RPGs to go explore the whole map right away? There might be hidden boxes.

in said games there's things to do (kill) that you can't simply just walk past

this game isnt an RPG, its really a fantasy life simulator with levels (or anime, because anime brings in more money)

at least the overworld doesn't function as an RPG, the nastiest baddest enemies have bad AI so you can bypass them with no consequence at any level lol

the closest thing to make it work like an RPG experience is commerce i guess
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Greta wrote: »
    Traveling around Erinn on pet is a good thing to do once in a while. You never know what you will uncover and also you might learn a thing or two. Maybe you will even find a favorite spot to hang out/afk. :)

This is true. There are some really cool places that you won't find if you're just hopping around between gates.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Nah

The other day I met a couple of players who asked me where the Sun Mark was. They refused to listen to directions and wanted a ride, so I flew them there from Qilla instead of taking the tunnel to make it clear it was on the exact same map we were on. And then I ditched them so they could go and find their own way back to Nicca.

The lack of curiosity in some players is frankly shocking. I don't care for it. You can try to defend it, but it's not exactly a great trait to defend so I will only laugh at you.

If you have a functioning mind and are going to walk around Iria, bring an l-rod with you. There are hidden boxes.
    NegumikoTheNyanCatKingEphy
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Nah

The other day I met a couple of players who asked me where the Sun Mark was. They refused to listen to directions and wanted a ride, so I flew them there from Qilla instead of taking the tunnel to make it clear it was on the exact same map we were on. And then I ditched them so they could go and find their own way back to Nicca.

The lack of curiosity in some players is frankly shocking. I don't care for it. You can try to defend it, but it's not exactly a great trait to defend so I will only laugh at you.

If you have a functioning mind and are going to walk around Iria, bring an l-rod with you. There are hidden boxes.

Iria has some beautiful sights to see and even a few hidden places that are fun to try to get to on foot. take some L-Rods and some sketch paper just in case, demigod and Adventure's L-Rods are also very useful. why are so many players so lazy. in my early mabi days I loved looking up Iria locations on the mabi wiki and exploring. sure maybe exploration could use a little revamp but overall Iria is still a really fun continent to wonder around in for a few hours. the only annoying thing is slightly picky movement permissions in some areas.
    KingEphy
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    edited February 18, 2018
    someone once asked me for a free ride, i could've said no but i wanted to lulz and dropped him in the ant dungeon and wasted his time, it was amusing

but you don't see me go around the forums gloating about it and pretending i'm in the right here :trollface:

disclaimer this happened years ago, think 2013?

well excuse me for being evil but at least i didn't waste their time even further by pretending theres ANY purpose to use an L rod in literally anywhere not named courcle, and even that proves to be useless after you git gud enough to get your exploration levels elsewhere
    XxBearslayerxXKingEphy
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited February 18, 2018
    Nah

That moment when you can find any marks in the game without even using your map... Remember when mana tunnels were closed during the night? Fun times.
    ShadoeXxBearslayerxX
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Nah

That moment when you can find any marks in the game without even using your map... Remember when mana tunnels were closed during the night? Fun times.

remember when mana tunnels only went to 1 area each time they were open for each night? fun times.
    Shadoe
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    edited February 18, 2018
    member when stuff that happened when i was 13-15 was great and way better than having a traveling system that actually makes sense?

yeah back in insert the year when i was 13-15 music was awesome and the simpsons were a great show, and SNL was at it's best
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Julie wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Nah

remember when mana tunnels only went to 1 area each time they were open for each night? fun times.

Those were moon gates. Mana tunnels were open during the day and so long as you tagged a mana tunnel, you could travel to any one of them when they were open.
    ShadoeBlissfulkill
  • ShadoeShadoe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,090
    Remember when you could ride NPC mounts, as was originally intended? Good times.
    Jazmyn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Shadoe wrote: »
    Remember when you could ride NPC mounts, as was originally intended? Good times.

You still can ride Ostriches, but for some reason Wild Horses are broken for YEARS.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

You still can ride Ostriches, but for some reason Wild Horses are broken for YEARS.

Oh, I thought they were talking about a different NPC mount.
    9c694f57ef.png

That was taken back in 2013, I think they fixed the ability for giant-allied humans to mount Tamon and Dughall.
    What a shame.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I wanna mount giants!!! :( elves suck!
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Oh, I thought they were talking about a different NPC mount.
    9c694f57ef.png

That was taken back in 2013, I think they fixed the ability for giant-allied humans to mount Tamon and Dughall.
    What a shame.

I am unhappy they took this out.
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    Resisting the urge to Grammar-Republicanate, I'll remind the OP you can also spend a tad of cash on the traveler's guide to jump to all tunnels and gates, and tag them. I'll further remind him/her/it that the Uladh moongates can be used to travel to the Belvast ones, and viceversa.

Finally, I'll add that if the OP decides to trek between mana tunnels in Connous (the Elf regions), looking to unearth whatever, to bring a two-seater pet for them ubiquitious Lost Elves which you'll inevitably unearth.